Pages:
Author

Topic: Shouldn't this act be discourage? - page 2. (Read 618 times)

copper member
Activity: 2926
Merit: 2348
April 14, 2019, 05:33:12 PM
If your thread is content heavy, you can have an advertisement in your thread with prior permission from theymos.

At one point, dogie was advertising in his various miner guides threads, and mitchell was advertising in his overview of signature campaigns thread. I presume theymos gave prior permission for both of these.

I have no idea if Daboy_Lyle received prior permission for his thread. I personally think there should be a little more content/information in his thread before being allowed to advertise, and I see the thread to be somewhat low effort.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2156
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?
April 14, 2019, 05:28:37 PM
Referral links, let alone advertisements like that are dicey. There are pretty strict rules for when you are allowed to post a referral link to avoid spam posts, so I'd imagine putting an outright advertisement in your thread like that is probably a good way to get your thread deleted. Moderator discretion comes into play there most of the time when determining if its a minor referral link is the purpose of a spam post, or if its a small unobtrusive feature in a post. Nine times out of ten, a post would be deleted for spam if it contains a referral link.

That said, its pretty obvious that the thread/post itself has value and is not spamming, however I would not be surprised in the slightest if they were asked to remove the advertisement or have the post deleted.
Activity: 952
Merit: 516
April 14, 2019, 05:03:06 PM
Considering the forum has already done her best by giving interested members an opportunity to earn by advertising for projects through avatar, personal profile message and signatures. what's your stand on forum users offering an advert space on their started threads. Should such practice be welcomed or discourage. A popular example can be found here; Overview of Bounty Managers I think such practice should be strongly frown against before;
  • 1, it becomes a trends and other users engage in creating rating threads they know will draw attention just to offer an advert space at the top of their thread.
  • 2. Gets abuse in respect to listing scam projects on those thread.

I'm speaking directly about paid advert not links to you thread or something relating to that been pinned for easy access to interested members.

1. How would one do that, though? If you are actually able to create threads that you know will draw attention, you must be doing something good, no? I also don't think it can be any thread, right? I didn't even know this was a thing, I thought advertisements were only outside the threads.
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 2736
Farewell LEO: o_e_l_e_o
April 14, 2019, 04:14:45 PM
If a topic creator wants to advertise something in his topic and the advertiser wants to pay for it then I do not think anyone will have any issue. Talking about scam or other shady things, I think it will work same as it work for signature campaign.

In signature campaging if we find out a shady company then we recommend everyone not to advertise it. The same rule will be applied to the idea you are thinking about.

I'm speaking directly about paid advert not links to you thread or something relating to that been pinned for easy access to interested members.
Yes it's clear after seeing the example you bought into your post. 🙂
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 4265
eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.
April 14, 2019, 04:09:58 PM
Considering the forum has already done her best by giving interested members an opportunity to earn by advertising for projects through avatar, personal profile message and signatures. what's your stand on forum users offering an advert space on their started threads. Should such practice be welcomed or discourage. A popular example can be found here; Overview of Bounty Managers I think such practice should be strongly frown against before;
  • 1, it becomes a trends and other users engage in creating rating threads they know will draw attention just to offer an advert space at the top of their thread.
  • 2. Gets abuse in respect to listing scam projects on those thread.

Pages:
Jump to: