Pages:
Author

Topic: Shouldnt we wait for Halving before buying new miners? - page 2. (Read 1640 times)

legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
no you should mine now and sell before the halving, especially if something else more efficient will kick in, but at some point the efficiency will not count too much if the price do not increase, i'm talking about future halving 2020 and 2024

if you begin now and the price increase after the halving you had already plenty of month of mining, if this will not happen, see above...so there is no point in waiting
legendary
Activity: 3402
Merit: 5004
https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC
Like others have said: it's risky...
But if you like gambling, i would say go for it  Cool

The chance that the price will rise due to the halving is good, the chance that newer and more efficient miners come out in the near future is reasonable (but how long will it take... nobody knows).
There's also the odd chance that other people will turn off their mining equipment because they run old miners and they're no longer making a profit after the halving, i guess?

All in all, i think i would buy some S7's right now if my electricity rates weren't this outrageous... It'll take more than 30 weeks untill the halving (if i'm correct), and even after the halving, there's still a good chance you'll ROI (but it's an gamble). Add the resell value of the S7's, and you'll have a decent chance of making a profit.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
IMHO a bitcoin price rise due to the reward halving (which halvens the daily output of mined BTC from 3600 to 1800) could compensate for loss of mining gains. But it's risky, that's beyond dispute.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
with halving coming up it seems impossible to get ROI on any asics that are out. I would guess when btc halves wont the price of miners also halve?

No one can give you a good anwser on this.  Just to many variables are still out there unanswered and having is still a long ways out in mining terms.

We don't know what gen miners will be out then, and what the efficiency will be.  Also someone might mine and sell to a "free" or lower priced electricity person on new gear now.  So mining and selling is a valid ROI.  I like to ROI before selling, but with having coming.. you never know.

We just need variables that we cannot possibly even speculate with accuracy. 
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
with halving coming up it seems impossible to get ROI on any asics that are out. I would guess when btc halves wont the price of miners also halve?
Pages:
Jump to: