Pages:
Author

Topic: Show Me The Bitcoin! - use plain images as Bitcoin keys, send BTC via email - page 4. (Read 3236 times)

Activity: 191
Merit: 100
Hello everyone,

I've just published a small Android app called "Show Me The Bitcoin!" that allows you to use any image in your phone gallery as a Bitcoin private key and wallet. You can add funds to an image using your regular wallet, email it to someone else and claim/sweep funds received from a third party in the form of a simple image email attachment.

Possible uses are:
1. Covert transfer of funds (to an outside observer you are simply emailing that person a funny photo).

2. Hidden Bitcoin storage (add funds to a personal image in your gallery and remove the Bitcoin wallet app). If your device is searched, they will find no trace of Bitcoins, just a few personal photos in your Gallery. At a later time, you can reinstall the app and reclaim the funds.

3. Bitcoin shared wallet for family/friends (anyone with access to the image can claim the funds and also deposit funds on that image for use by other members).

4. Reward website users by hiding Bitcoins in images on your blog / website (scavenger-hunt style).

Here are a few screenshots:

A demo video is at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTmnLlyUjHQ.

Give it a try at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cayennegraphics.showmethebitcoin , it's free! It will nag you after you've sent $50 (0.1 BTC) or more through it for a donation, you can donate as much (or as little) as you want or not donate at all, your call. Or you could send directly to 1Razvan4KEK2q5DNxemvsHwGncF1T3NqR Smiley.

For the technically inclined, the way it works is by doing a SHA-256 hash of the image and using that as a Bitcoin private key - it derives an address from it, then allows you to send funds to that address or sweep them to your wallet. Nothing fancy, just pure old fun Smiley.

Finally, if you've read this far, I have a tip for you: I've hidden 3 small amounts (0.05 BTC) into 3 logo images present on Bitcoin-related sites (or vendors related to Bitcoin). So you just need to navigate to the site, save the logo image and then load it into Show Me The Bitcoin! to sweep the funds (or add more if you're into that sort of fun Smiley ). I will post tips and possibly more bounties here over the next days, feel free to join in.

Cheers,
Razvan
Pages:
Jump to: