Pages:
Author

Topic: SHUT DOWN ALL BITCOIN MINERS TODAY Jan 12, 2015 18:00:00 (UTC) till 19:00:00 - page 2. (Read 2173 times)

legendary
Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000
That type of actions never been a success. Once in the year there's green hour for earth. There's alot of talking about turning off all electric devices. And when that hour comes, still alot of lights is turned on. People just don't care, they want to live as always. Same day in many news you can hear from electric plant engineers that this type of action can only make troubles in such plants. Same thing would be with mining. That would give a shit regarding diff, but lack of confirmations in one hour could hurt some people.
Activity: 672
Merit: 502
I think it will stop all transactions, is this right? We are dependent on miners for confirmations.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Just give it a try.  Grin
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Nothing would happen for an hour and then everything would resume as it always did and difficulty would still rise virtually the same amount. There are periods of over an hour where no blocks are found even with all the mining in the world still going on and this would be no different to those periods. If you want difficulty to drop as much as possible you need to stop people mining for 8 weeks. In that time the lack of transaction processing would lead to a bitcoin collapse unlike any before and it would be totally utterly worthless at the end of it.
Activity: 507
Merit: 250
Don't know, but i think satoshi's machines keep alive to mine.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
If no blocks are mined, difficulty will not adjust. If all miners stalls and restarts in 2 weeks, difficulty stays high until the next adjustment block.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Well if all did this we would not hit the next difficulty as the block would never be solved.  I could be wrong but i think it would cause the blockchain to stop, stopping everything.
Activity: 806
Merit: 507
Trusted Campaign manager
What will happend if we all shut down miners for one hour... just before difficulty should rise up...Huh
Pages:
Jump to: