Pages:
Author

Topic: SierraChart bridge - Realtime Bitcoin charts [v0.5] (MtGox, Intersango, ...) - page 2. (Read 142193 times)

Activity: 124
Merit: 100
Will there be a linux release for this?
Just run python code.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Will there be a linux release for this?
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
bitcoin is getting more popular and going up a lot lately . check out the latest bitcoin information and charts .

http://www.vnbitcoin.org/bitcoincharts.php
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1032
I've had the streaming interface running for about 8 hours, and it was showing trades as I started reading this thread. Just now it had just gone for ~320 seconds without receiving any trades, but just got prices again.

(Using this related script: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3636549)

Maybe nobody's trading today?

I checked http://data.mtgox.com/api/2/BTCUSD/money/ticker_fast, and it is occasionally updating, and matches the current stream price.

edit: just got a 502 gateway error from market json, site is not feeling well...
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008
hmmm is not downloading any data   Sad

same, stream data seems halted, but restarting mine did collect the historical data from the missing time...
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
chaos is fun...…damental :)
hmmm is not downloading any data   Sad
legendary
let me check again and look at my bat file
edit
Code:
sierrachartfeed.exe --volume-precision 4 -l 1000 -s *
also the base files are the files ziped that you offer for download
The scid files I shared are default precision 2, they are incompatible with a different precision setting if you are charting volume. Do you know why you are changing that option?

k i started to download all the data on precision 4

Do you know why you are changing that option?
yep
legendary
edit
Code:
The scid files I shared are default precision 2, they are incompatible with a different precision setting if you are charting volume. Do you know why you are changing that option?
legendary
edit
Code:
legendary
Am I talking to myself here?

http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/btcnCNY#rg360ztgSzm1g10zm2g25

It looks like you have a big gap in data from Aug to Oct, perhaps created by an older sierrachartfeed with a limit on the number of days to resume. That cannot be easily repaired.

After getting the latest sierrachartfeed, posted above, I would delete the btcnCNY.scid file and get the whole thing again using the command line options:

sierrachartfeedUTC-0.6.023.exe --history=700 --symbols=btcnCNY

(set history to how may days you really need; this exchange has data from July 2011.)

If all exchange data has such a gap in recorded dates, extract my scid 7zips to your sierrachart data directory to save some time.
legendary
Activity: 124
Merit: 100
It's sad but our lovely SC doesn't have tools for measuring logarithmic charts properly.

And what even more disappointing, currently they don't care about the issue.

http://anonym.to/https://www.sierrachart.com/SupportBoard.php?ThreadID=1428

such is the limitation of the proprietary licensing scheme.

our community is in need of a foss charting solution.
as powerful and advanced as SC itself.
legendary
i seem to be having issue with the -s option... i'm on widows.

C:\SierraChart\Data\sierrachartfeedUTC-0.6.023.exe -s bitstampUSD, btceUSD, mtgoxUSD, btcnCNY only grabs bitstamp data, streaming and historical.

C:\SierraChart\Data\sierrachartfeedUTC-0.6.023.exe -s bitstampUSD, -s btceUSD, -s mtgoxUSD, -s btcnCNY only grabs the last one. what am i doing wrong?

Try it like this:

C:\SierraChart\Data\sierrachartfeedUTC-0.6.023.exe -s bitstampUSD,btceUSD,mtgoxUSD,btcnCNY

welp, i feel like an idiot. thanks. working fine now.
legendary
Activity: 2030
My money; Our Bitcoin.

C:\SierraChart\Data\sierrachartfeedUTC-0.6.023.exe -s bitstampUSD, btceUSD, mtgoxUSD, btcnCNY only grabs bitstamp data, streaming and historical.

C:\SierraChart\Data\sierrachartfeedUTC-0.6.023.exe -s bitstampUSD, -s btceUSD, -s mtgoxUSD, -s btcnCNY only grabs the last one. what am i doing wrong?

Try it like this:

C:\SierraChart\Data\sierrachartfeedUTC-0.6.023.exe -s bitstampUSD,btceUSD,mtgoxUSD,btcnCNY
legendary

legendary
I've continued to plug around with some code features, but nothing that is worth sending over to the build machine.

- precision option other than 2 creates separate scid files with a suffix (like mtgoxUSD_p4.scid), so experimenting with this option doesn't screw up your data,
- max precision 5, as historic mtgox trades > 4294.9 will overflow precision 6 and higher,
- verbose option dumps individual history trades to console (slow); console presentation fixes,
- "max_time" option, won't write live stream or history after this epoch timestamp to scid (for creating accurate shareable files; the transition from downloading history to live stream may miss some trades). So I don't have to maintain a modded .py to do this.
legendary
so after a windows reinstall, i'm resetting this up on my end - and noticed there were some exchanges available i hadn't noticed before, such as btcnCNY and virwoxSLL... continuously impressed with this feed, DeepCeleron. Cheesy
legendary
I posted a long post that was eaten by a forum database error. Essentially the bitstamp stream API that other services like bitcoincharts use is broken: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3124043

Bitstamp has an API for getting historic trades directly, however the request method (by trade number) can't easily be used to resume Sierrachart SCID data (using the last-seen trade timestamp).
legendary
whats up with bitstamp's data lately? i haven't gotten anything all week, since the 9th. and yes, i'm running the latest exe.
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009
Legen -wait for it- dary
Thank you DC! I'll be sending a tip when I start my pc and get QT up to date
Pages:
Jump to: