Pages:
Author

Topic: Signature Adblock Script [0.5.0] - page 4. (Read 37423 times)

Activity: 342
Merit: 250
October 03, 2015, 02:00:28 PM
thanks for this adblock script.
Activity: 392
Merit: 251
September 27, 2015, 06:52:22 PM
Great work. Been looking for a program like this. Sorry if this is offensive Mr Admin, but is there an antivirus scan available for this
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024
September 19, 2015, 04:14:05 PM
copper member
Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197
Verified awesomeness ✔
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
July 10, 2015, 05:54:52 PM

I no longer rent my space I give it away to people or websites  I like.
It is simple and I make 0 from it.

Same here. I now advertise for Bitmixer.io for free, just because I love their service.

Awesome. No more signatures to be seen  Cheesy Wink
Great job mate! Smiley

Says the person who is wearing a paid signature....  Cheesy
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
July 10, 2015, 04:47:11 AM
Awesome. No more signatures to be seen  Cheesy Wink
Great job mate! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
June 04, 2015, 10:43:05 PM

I no longer rent my space I give it away to people or websites  I like.
It is simple and I make 0 from it.

I do think signatures have  a lot of problems.  
I have a hundred pm's from people wanting to sign me up rent my space  and I no longer will do it.

Full disclosure I made about 5 btc since april 2014. 

But I resent being hounded by signature campaign managers.

I won't let this happen to me.  I won't be used by a scammer.  I think the campaigns could be put to rest.

This  thread link shows my last   signature  campaign.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1050347.0;all
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
FUN > ROI
May 18, 2015, 09:00:43 PM
Ended up modifying mine a bit - instead of a true/false return in the function, I ended up returning the score.

If the score is below 50 points, it's left untouched.

If the score is above 50 points and below 300 points (just under that of the most egregious ads), the opacity is modified based on how close it is to that 300 points.  So if you've got a signature that's just over 100, it'll just be reduced in opacity but not entirely gone.  The signature is also placed in a new table (could use divs), with the actual score shown on the right, so that score thresholds can be more easily tweaked).

If the score is at or above 300 points, it doesn't just make the signature invisible, it removes it and the horizontal rule above it outright (making it as if the person had no signature at all) and also replaces the user's avatar and tagline, as most of the people who are using signature campaign ads that score that high are using that space to advertise as well.

Before:After:
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029
May 07, 2015, 01:04:45 AM
This post has a non transparent signature, while this one, by the same user, hasn't.
fixed.

Confirmed it works as expected now. Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431
May 06, 2015, 06:43:34 PM
New version: https://bitcointalk.blob.core.windows.net/scripts/bct_adblock.user.js

One suggestion: Could you include "action=pm*" besides "topic=*" on the next version of the script? Removing the annoying signatures from private messages too would be great Smiley

added

This post has a non transparent signature, while this one, by the same user, hasn't. There must be something in the first page that isn't there in the second. My firefox says:

Code:
TypeError: element.style.fontSize.match(...) is null
Stack trace:
calculateFormattingScore@file:///.../bct_adblock2.user.js:76:5
calculateFormattingScore/score<@file:///.../bct_adblock2.user.js:104:9
calculateFormattingScore@file:///.../bct_adblock2.user.js:106:1
isAd@file:///.../bct_adblock2.user.js:113:3
@file:///.../bct_adblock2.user.js:125:1

I'm using the readable code from #53.
fixed. It was caused by font-size that weren't in pt (didn't know that was possible in smf). I also added support for html font sizes.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 645
May 06, 2015, 01:32:59 PM
Actually, there is a feature in the forum where you cam disable it. So the tool would be useless...
Goto Profile- Look and Layout Preferences - Dont show users signatures Wink

I do want to see signatures. What I don't want to see is signature campaigns.

Then you need the  signature campaign blocker (Blocks every user that is participating or willing to participate in a signature campaign)

And the difference between that and the software listed here is...?

Its an incredible piece of software that can distinguish between those that are willing to participate and those who dont. You dont even have to actually wear a paid signature. It just knows. It uses cutting edge AI technology to achieve this and has nothing to do with the fantastic work grue has done here.

Can we stop feeding the trolls now?
This ad blocker probably actually does a pretty good job at identifying who is participating in paid signatures, especially when it comes to higher ranked users. If someone who really doesn't want to read any posts made by anyone wearing a paid signature (despite how much effort are put into their posts or how good their posts are) could slightly modify the code to hide any posts (instead of just the signature) of anyone wearing a paid signature.

If they really, really wanted to exclude anyone's posts who would even consider wearing a paid signature then you could do the above plus add a blockchain parser/analyzer that can find the likely alts of anyone wearing a paid signature and ignore those posts as well.

I mean isnt that what people really is pissed about? The actual posts from people participating in signature campaings and not the signature itself. Because im fairly sure no one really cares seeing the signatures, i honestly dont care but of course the problem would be that if you block everyone that has a signature then you would block valuable members who do post useful stuff
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298
May 06, 2015, 12:47:44 PM
Actually, there is a feature in the forum where you cam disable it. So the tool would be useless...

Then you need the  signature campaign blocker (Blocks every user that is participating or willing to participate in a signature campaign)

Its an incredible piece of software that can distinguish between those that are willing to participate and those who dont. You dont even have to actually wear a paid signature. It just knows. It uses cutting edge AI technology to achieve this and has nothing to do with the fantastic work grue has done here.

This ad blocker probably actually does a pretty good job at identifying who is participating in paid signatures, especially when it comes to higher ranked users. If someone who really doesn't want to read any posts made by anyone wearing a paid signature (despite how much effort are put into their posts or how good their posts are) could slightly modify the code to hide any posts (instead of just the signature) of anyone wearing a paid signature.

If they really, really wanted to exclude anyone's posts who would even consider wearing a paid signature then you could do the above plus add a blockchain parser/analyzer that can find the likely alts of anyone wearing a paid signature and ignore those posts as well.
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499
No I dont escrow anymore.
May 06, 2015, 12:07:57 PM

Activity: 658
May 06, 2015, 09:28:42 AM

Activity: 490
May 06, 2015, 09:17:38 AM

Activity: 658
May 06, 2015, 02:00:51 AM

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
I like nuts
May 06, 2015, 12:31:05 AM
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029
May 05, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
This post has a non transparent signature, while this one, by the same user, hasn't. There must be something in the first page that isn't there in the second. My firefox says:

Code:
TypeError: element.style.fontSize.match(...) is null
Stack trace:
calculateFormattingScore@file:///.../bct_adblock2.user.js:76:5
calculateFormattingScore/score<@file:///.../bct_adblock2.user.js:104:9
calculateFormattingScore@file:///.../bct_adblock2.user.js:106:1
isAd@file:///.../bct_adblock2.user.js:113:3
@file:///.../bct_adblock2.user.js:125:1

I'm using the readable code from #53.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469
https://Ecua.Mobi
April 20, 2015, 06:28:23 PM
One suggestion: Could you include "action=pm*" besides "topic=*" on the next version of the script? Removing the annoying signatures from private messages too would be great Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3780
Merit: 4842
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
April 09, 2015, 12:06:57 AM

One way would be to create a forum theme that contains my script. That way it's available to every user and can be enabled/disabled from the user control panel. You'll have to petition theymos to do that though.

If this was implemented then selective blocking could be used as well.
Pages:
Jump to: