Pages:
Author

Topic: Signature campaign earnings and monthly income. - page 2. (Read 891 times)

legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1270
Play Poker on Telegram
There is no such thing as monthly income in bounties, many months can come and go without you earning a dime from bounties, don't treat bounties as source of income it's unreliable.
You are correct, but OP is not actually referring to altcoin bounties, yes many of them hardly pay their participants as they more often than not turn out to be a scam, many of their participants are also guilty of quite a lot of spam on the forum (but that is a discussion for another day). Op is talking about Bitcoin paying signatures run majorly by reputable individuals/campaign managers, and yes it usually has a fixed payment amount weekly, and other than a few times a campaign defaults, i can say they always deliver till they decide to stop running the campaign.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 138
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Exactly that's why there's no questionable things regarding on this discussion and I will never recommend anyone to quit on their job once they join on decent campaigns since they will never get any good future in this since as discussed all things in signature campaign is temporary. So its better to have multiple jobs so that we may have many income stream and this could really help us build our future.
The signature campaign is only temporary or there will be a specified time limit or an undetermined time. I've been following the signature campaign for about 2 years and I'm still actively paying to this day. It doesn't guarantee the future, but every payment received every week can be saved and used as an investment into some coins or some new project, so the fund will continue to grow and not just be cold money.
All need good financial management so that the future can be better even without a signature campaign.

Yes, I totally agree with you. Good financial management is always essential. It doesn't matter what we earn, as long as we're spending it wisely and are able to maintain our standard of living.

I am wondering, do you keep everything that you earn from signature campaigns in some cryptocurrency (one or more) or do you invest in new projects that are more risky? Did you make any calculations to determine which approach would be more profitable?
Activity: 120
Merit: 15
There is no such thing as monthly income in bounties, many months can come and go without you earning a dime from bounties, don't treat bounties as source of income it's unreliable.
Activity: 1764
Merit: 696
[Nope]No hype delivers more than hope
-Has the existence of signature campaigns on this forum eliminated the need to work offline for other people? 

It is possible, what is needed is careful planning. Several reasons can make people want to quit their offline jobs.
As some of the previous members have said, you can't leave your main job at once if it's the only thing that guarantees even if the signature campaign you're joining appears to be "long-lived". But that doesn't mean your signature campaign income can't be the start of your main income. The saying goes, "don't just give people fish, teach them how to fish too". So, careful planning what I mean is, don't make your side income as a fish, but make it a fishing rod.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1024
Goodnight, o_e_l_e_o 🌹
All campaigns have weekly quota, so if even if you spend 10 hours per day writing posts, you are are still limited with the quota. So why not keep doing your job and in your spare time you can write couple of posts each day. Or you are telling me that writing 20-30 posts per week require so much work that you can't do anything else?
Just saying, signature earning doesn't worth quiting your job as said earlier. Unless some high paying campaigns like ChipMixer. Then, if I get into a high paying campaign, instead of trying to work on, I'll rather develop my skills and work remotely or still establish a business. I really value my time working from home.
I don't see the need of always plying the road and taking risk of road accidents everyday to go for work. Smiley

Some persons are saying that signature campaign jobs are not permanent. If I may ask, are there permanent jobs anywhere in the world? If a government worker has a
Yes there are. Come to Croatia, join one of the two ruling parties, be active there and you will get a comfy job that you will work until you retire. Cheesy
That is applicable to many countries, those politicians keep recycling themselves in the office and government jobs such that they tend to return even after retirement.

It also depends on the campaign, a ChipMixer campaign promoter can decide to resign work, still will live comfortably and accomplish some projects.
It's true, amount of money that you can make in some campaigns exceeds average salary of many countries but still, one have to be a fool to rely on that as a permanent income as nothing lasts forever and older you get, harder it gets to get hired for a regular job.
Very true, the older you get, the harder it gets for you to be hired. Yet the younger you are the more 10yrs experience is required  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 7340
Farewell, Leo
Therefore, such phrases as digital property came from there. Bitcoin is currently trending towards accumulation.
I know where these phrases come from and I've watched Saylor talking about thermodynamics, but 'til there. He hasn't convinced anyone to use it as a currency, which is the only reason this thing exists. And I'm asking: If there isn't adoption as currency, what's the point of storing value in it?

Volatility excites only speculators.
So, more profitability equals less volatility in the long term?
Activity: 2520
Merit: 783
offline work is a major need, a main passive income and don't be left behind. Signature work is an additional income or support for offline work. If you have a steady offline job then don't waste it. I also get passive income from the signature that I use every week, but I still do other work.

Exactly that's why there's no questionable things regarding on this discussion and I will never recommend anyone to quit on their job once they join on decent campaigns since they will never get any good future in this since as discussed all things in signature campaign is temporary. So its better to have multiple jobs so that we may have many income stream and this could really help us build our future.
Activity: 97
Merit: 0
In my opinion, only signature campaign is not enough for a person. It may pay weekly but wages is not much higher compared to a high salary job. Besides,

1. People want recognition
2. There is no guarantee that earnings from signature campaign will last forever.
3. People want self respect which can be found in a good job.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 850
How come anyone even think of that?
1. Signature campaign is a source of income as long as theymos allows us to wear a signature. The day theymos announce stopping the advantage, you will be unemployed.
2. It's not guaranteed that there will be signature campaign available all the time. When I joined the forum, there were only a few BTC paid campaigns while these days there are a lot of campaigns.

Apart from these two, as some other said, earning $50-$100 a week isn't a big deal to leave your daily job though there are some countries where people can live their life with this amount.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1084
zknodes.org
offline work is a major need, a main passive income and don't be left behind. Signature work is an additional income or support for offline work. If you have a steady offline job then don't waste it. I also get passive income from the signature that I use every week, but I still do other work.
legendary
Farewell, Leo
Already, even large investors directly say that bitcoin is more than cash, it is digital property, like gold or real estate.
Oh really? What is it then if it's more than cash? What's this buzzword you speak of? “Digital property”? Gold is more than just cash, because I can make a good use of it besides exchanging stuff with it. I can create jewelry, develop electronics, I can even make teeth out of it.

When you own gold, you're storing the intrinsic value that it has once it's utilized in the future. You don't keep it only because it's satisfactory to transfer (which it isn't currently, but anyway). Bitcoin was created to serve this very purpose of exchanging stuff. When you HODL bitcoins, the only thing that you keep is space in a ledger, by the belief that one will use it as a currency in the future.

If there weren't people willing to use it as a currency, there wouldn't be a point at all.

And now bitcoin is much more profitable to accumulate, rather than spend on purchases in stores.
How's that? In 2013 it was far more volatile.

I honestly can't believe that anyone that is true bitcoiner is advocating against spending BTC, even if it was for everyday stuff.
I don't think he's against. He's just discouraged to.
legendary
Activity: 2604
Merit: 2353
I agree with Rikafip you shouldn't repeat that 3 or 4 times in a row in the beginners section IMO. "Hodling" is not the only right way to use Bitcoin, it's the only way to not use it actually. Moreover Bitcoin is a highly volatile asset, and therefore a highly risky one. Beginners should never hold Bitcoins acquired at the ATH.

Seriously? But Michael Saylor, who has more than 100,000 bitcoins, disagrees with you. He calls his company buying bitcoin a low-risk strategy.

We look at the historical chart of bitcoin.

Bitcoin has always been bullish, what risk are you talking about? Volatility in bitcoin matters only for speculators and traders, long-term investors do not pay attention to it.

And what do you conclude from this? You think Bitcoin will continue to rise indefinitely toward the sky? You don't see a curve on your graph?
How much did you earn in one year of holding precisely?
Bitcoin was worth $52k one year ago, then you've lost USD actually and even russian rubles certainly.
There is no free lunch in economy as Milton Friedman would say.

And when I repeat this strategy, saying that now it’s not worth spending bitcoins, but it’s better to hold them, Rikafip crawls out and says that this is nonsense. Grin Grin Grin
But you don't need to repeat it, it won't become more true because of that  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 5937
And when I repeat this strategy, saying that now it’s not worth spending bitcoins, but it’s better to hold them, Rikafip crawls out and says that this is nonsense. Grin Grin Grin
First and foremost Bitcoin is money so there is no bad time to spend it. I don't advocate to spend everything as soon as you get some (you are free to do that though, won't say anything bad about those) but there is absolutely nothing wrong in spending it when you want to buy something, especially when you can do it directly without 3rd party involved (like using crypto debit cards for example).

How the hell would we ever reach this kind of adoption if everyone had your mindset? And yes, it doesn't matter whether if its 2011, 2015 or 2022.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 952
legendary
Indeed, you didn't. You just said it was nonsense on behalf of them for using it to buy food, phone bills etc. And I'll have to disagree with this opinion; Bitcoin is still, along with alts, the only internet cash system. It's 2022, I've seen it rising, but I still prefer paying in cash rather than in credit.
What Ratimov doesn't understand is that all these things add up; from those that spent Bitcoin when it was $0.10, $10, $100, $100 and right until now when its $40k+. I honestly can't believe that anyone that is true bitcoiner is advocating against spending BTC, even if it was for everyday stuff.

Says someone who thought bitcoin was worth 10 bucks sometime in 2011.Grin Grin Grin
Yet again you missed to enter the word "probably" in Google translate. And yeah, at one point in 2011 BTC indeed was worth 10 USD Cheesy
legendary
Farewell, Leo
I didn't say that whoever spent bitcoin in those days is an idiot.
Indeed, you didn't. You just said it was nonsense on behalf of them for using it to buy food, phone bills etc. And I'll have to disagree with this opinion; Bitcoin is still, along with alts, the only internet cash system. It's 2022, I've seen it rising, but I still prefer paying in cash rather than in credit.

Maybe privacy costs a lot. Or maybe I feel more of a moron when I support an innovation that I hesitate to use for its only purpose.
Activity: 2702
Merit: 716
Nothing lasts forever
-Will you quit your job if in a month, you earn more from signature campaign than you do get from working 8am - 4pm?

Definitely no because signature campaigns aren't really stable. It might run for a week or two or may be it might run for a year or two.
But nobody can say how long it may lost. So quitting your day job will just be foolishness.

-Is it okay to hinge your life on the earnings you get weekly from your signature campaigns?

It really depends on where you live and the cost of living in that territory. It also depends on how well you are at money management.
If you spend money lavishly you would hardly be able to live off signature campaign earnings.
Spending money while saving enough is really hard from these earnings.

-Has the existence of signature campaigns on this forum eliminated the need to work offline for other people? 

It hasn't eliminated the need of offline work but it has helped many people stabilize their total monthly income.
People earn a decent income from signature campaigns and that can help them to manage expenses but not solely depend on it.
legendary
Activity: 2604
Merit: 2353
Well someone has to call out the bullshit you just wrote so newbies that are reading this board don't get the wrong impression about Bitcoin and early adopters.

This obviously should be done not by people like you, provocateurs who are trying to expose the interlocutor in some bad way, attributing to him those words that he never said. Cheesy

It was you  who mentioned the 1-10 dollar range and last time BTC was in that range was probably 2011. If those are not the early times for Bitcoin and if they are not the OGs, then who is?

You don't know the price history of bitcoin very well. The range that I named (1-10%) was with bitcoin until August 2012. And your story with pizza is actually 2010, when bitcoin was in its very infancy and many did not understand what to do with it, so we saw similar transactions, faucets that gave several bitcoins for solving captchas and so on. I think in 2012-2013, when the first major bitcoin exchanges appeared, people began to value bitcoin more.

So if you don’t understand what I meant, it’s better not to go in with your value judgments and fantasies about it, whom I called there or did not call moron. Here is a bitcoin historical price service: https://bitcoin.zorinaq.com/price/

Enlighten yourself.
I agree with Rikafip you shouldn't repeat that 3 or 4 times in a row in the beginners section IMO. "Hodling" is not the only right way to use Bitcoin, it's the only way to not use it actually. Moreover Bitcoin is a highly volatile asset, and therefore a highly risky one. Beginners should never hold Bitcoins acquired at the ATH.
legendary
So if you don’t understand what I meant, it’s better not to go in with your value judgments and fantasies about it, whom I called there or did not call moron. Here is a bitcoin historical price service: https://bitcoin.zorinaq.com/price/
I know exactly what you meant. And me missing BTC price by a 6 months or a year (that's why I used the word probably) doesn't change the fact that all those who used the Bitcoin in 1-10 USD range for various stuff (including trivial crap) shouldn't be seen as those that did some kind of mistake as that's exactly what gave Bitcoin its value, people willing to exchange goods and services for it.

Enlighten yourself.
Right back at you buddy.
legendary

Well, don’t read that nonsense, go cry somewhere else. Cheesy
Well someone has to call out the bullshit you just wrote so newbies that are reading this board don't get the wrong impression about Bitcoin and early adopters.  Grin

We do not take into account the earliest times when almost no one believed in bitcoin, so do not rush to extremes.
It was you  who mentioned the 1-10 dollar range and last time BTC was in that range was probably 2011. If those are not the early times for Bitcoin and if they are not the OGs, then who is?

Pages:
Jump to: