Pages:
Author

Topic: Signatures: Did you have received donations? - page 2. (Read 2542 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
I am the author of the smartcoin mining administration system.  I literally have hundreds of hours into the project so far, and spend a good deal of time supporting users, etc.
Of the 20+ BTC pledged when I announced the idea for the software, only 4.5 BTC came through on the pledges. To date, I have probably received about 10BTC in donations. Not that I'm complaining, any donation is great, but so far my time has broken down to be about $0.50 per hour.  I have spoke with other popular software authors, many of them are ready to stop development of their projects due to the lack of users wanting to donate a little for the hard work that goes into these projects.
Admittedly, i myself was never big on donating until I got to see things from the other side. Now, if I use a tool that is useful to my mining operation, I now try to do a much better job in this regard.

I find it amazing how hard it is to let go of some BTC (myself included), but in the end, keeping BTC moving around is good for the bitcoin economy in general and I think we could all do a better job with it!
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
I have donated to people that helped me, but only in .5btc increments. You guys are cheap-asses. Tight-wadding it contributes to the ineffectiveness of bitcoin. If the coin ain't flowing, no one's getting rich. Donate today. Not to me...to someone who knows what they are talking about.
Activity: 792
Merit: 1000
Bite me
I have received small doantions for useful posts before now,
and have donated
Activity: 252
Merit: 251
I think it's obnoxious and retardedmentally challenged.

Though some cool people do have it in their sigs, I've sent plenty of donations in the 0.02 to 0.05btc range.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Only a curious passer-by / FirstBits: 13zsc1
Most people (even myself) have putted as signature our bitcoin address but... has anybody received donations?

Today I've read about Jonathan's card and I thought about this thing. I'm not in the US to use it or reload it but from now when I see such addresses I will look my "wallet(.dat)" and will try to do a donation (especially if in that signature there is a  good reason), like users of jonathan's card. I'm not a rich, only this seems to me a good idea.

Take a penny coffee satoshi, leave a  coffee penny satoshi.
Pages:
Jump to: