Pages:
Author

Topic: SILENTARMY v5: Zcash miner, 115 sol/s on R9 Nano, 70 sol/s on GTX 1070 - page 68. (Read 209286 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 250
Fighting mob law and inquisition in this forum
dev said v5 will be a windows version ....  any news about windows release Huh

Sorry I'm still working on more optimizations for now. Windows support has been delayed for now.

Why not merge the Genoil submitted changes to make windows build possible? The longer  you postpone the merge the less is left from his efforts.
mrb
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027
Nice work guys...currently this performs better on my 470/480s than even claymours miner on windows side. Sucks that he will simply rip off your code again and further optimize his windows miner, while continuing to say "FU" to all his linux customers that supported him for the past year.

Do you guys have a centralized donation address for this project? Ill donate whatever fees claymour would have made to you guys.

Just launch "silentarmy" without pool connect (-c) or user (-u) options and by default it will mine on my donation address (t1cVviFvgJinQ4w3C2m2CfRxgP5DnHYaoFC - also in README.md). But don't forget to also give to eXtremal who is responsible for the latest optims!
mrb
legendary

Sorry I'm still working on more optimizations for now. Windows support has been delayed for now.
Well given the massive improvements in speed and still coming more you have no right to complain about missing windows..he will merge the already started port to windows of Genoil or Genoil will be doing it first.
If you can't wait switch to linux ..
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Huge thanks to eXtremal for these optimizations. I merged them and released SILENTARMY v5: https://github.com/mbevand/silentarmy/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md I measured a 2x speedup on some cards like the R9 Nano:
  • 102 sol/s on R9 Nano (up from 54 sol/s)
  • 72 sol/s on RX 480
  • 64 sol/s on GTX 1070

The atomic row counters and branch divergence in equihash_solve have always been the main bottleneck. I was working on packing 8 counters per uint, and reducing branch divergence, but eXtremal was done before me Wink That's the benefit of open source; anyone can improve the code for all.

Thanks for the time being would you merge Gnoils Windows branch and adapt it..I tried already to merge the changes but at some stage I can't surpass due to the lack of knowledge in OpenCL
Activity: 610
Merit: 500
Huge thanks to eXtremal for these optimizations. I merged them and released SILENTARMY v5: https://github.com/mbevand/silentarmy/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md I measured a 2x speedup on some cards like the R9 Nano:
  • 72 sol/s on RX 480
  • 64 sol/s on GTX 1070

The atomic row counters and branch divergence in equihash_solve have always been the main bottleneck. I was working on packing 8 counters per uint, and reducing branch divergence, but eXtremal was done before me Wink That's the benefit of open source; anyone can improve the code for all.
what about win
Activity: 120
Merit: 100
Wait a sec... so this is faster than the miner that was released 4 hours ago?

• 72 sol/s on RX 480
  • 64 sol/s on GTX 1070

mrb
legendary
  • 72 sol/s on RX 480
  • 64 sol/s on GTX 1070

Activity: 792
Merit: 501

Great this does the trick ..

For me it was enough to correct the api path in the Makefile :
Original is like this:
OPENCL_HEADERS = "/opt/AMDAPPSDK-3.0/include"
LIBOPENCL = "/opt/amdgpu-pro/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu"

Edit like this depending on CUDA version you have 7.5/8.0:
OPENCL_HEADERS = "/usr/include"
LIBOPENCL = "/usr/local/cuda-8.0/lib64"

Using the "optimized" Version of the input, main and param does reduce my sol rate to 50%.

Regards

Activity: 652
Merit: 266
when the windows miner will be available?

NICEHASH HAS RELEASED A PUBLIC ALPHA--

NiceHash has released a Windows-Only public alpha EquiHash miner.  It is highly modified SilentArmy code.  It is locked to their BitCoin payout server.  Here is the link: https://www.nicehash.com/tools/eqm_v1.0.0a.zip

The original coders are given credit in the opening splash.  My 980ti and my i7 2600 mine together at over 100Sols/s. An hour ago they were mining at 45-50Sols/s with NiceHash's NHeqminer.

--scryptr

P.S.  Please go ask NiceHashDev, at least 2-3 times per hour, when they will produce a Linux version.       --scryptr
Tested and not useful for cards below GK20x(Maxwell gen1).
Will wait for Genoil to help a little here, I've been strugling with Visual Studio for a few hours trying to compile sa-solver for windows with new opts. If by any chance compiles I will test and upload sa-solver.exe for testing.
Activity: 406

NiceHash has released a Windows-Only public alpha EquiHash miner.  It is highly modified SilentArmy code.  It is locked to their BitCoin payout server.  Here is the link: https://www.nicehash.com/tools/eqm_v1.0.0a.zip

The original coders are given credit in the opening splash.  My 980ti and my i7 2600 mine together at over 100Sols/s. An hour ago they were mining at 45-50Sols/s with NiceHash's NHeqminer.

--scryptr

P.S.  Please go ask NiceHashDev, at least 2-3 times per hour, when they will produce a Linux version.       --scryptr

it's not the same, the nicehash one hash at 66 sol, this one hash at 80-90, windows is also more popular
Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
Why 370 r7 gives me more than 380x r9?? 45 vs 42..

claymore gives me about 50 on 380x
and 370 gives similar results  for win and for linux
legendary
Activity: 1068
Merit: 1020
nerdralph, any way we can get a binary with the slow CPU fixes?  I believe someone linked to it earlier.  The current one is struggling on my celeron. 
Why 370 r7 gives me more than 380x r9?? 45 vs 42..
FYI don't bother to use the new nicehash nheqminer if you plan to cpu mine and don't have AVX extensions. It looks like they ripped out TROMPS SSE code...

--scryptr
legendary
Activity: 2153
Merit: 1400
Nice work guys...currently this performs better on my 470/480s than even claymours miner on windows side. Sucks that he will simply rip off your code again and further optimize his windows miner, while continuing to say "FU" to all his linux customers that supported him for the past year.

Do you guys have a centralized donation address for this project? Ill donate whatever fees claymour would have made to you guys.
any hints to get more sols from older cards:
I have 380x and 370 and have only 30sols for now Sad
Finally, thanks to  eXtremal mod I have more sol/s now.. about 42 on 380 and it's going higher..

Where to find full source to not copy eXtremal files manualy?
legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028

--scryptr

Fantastic work everyone! And a special thanks to nerdralph for releasing that binary Smiley got all rigs mining on it in less than a minute !
Pages:
Jump to: