Pages:
Author

Topic: Silk Road Bitcoin Wallet Activates Again, Huge Dump Anticipated by the Community - page 2. (Read 319 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
If Silk Road bitcoin wallet eliminates then bitcoin will rise again because most of the dumps are occurring because of this reason.
Activity: 3094
Merit: 929
The owner of those 111K bitcoin isn't that stupid to sell all the bitcoins at once and create a price crash.This would mean less USD for his presious bitcoins.He will most likely  sell small parts of his btc fortune and wait.
By the way,if those bitcoins really bleong to the Silk Road criminals,the police should have been confiscated them by now.I'm not sure that they belong to the Silk Road owners.
Activity: 462
Merit: 101
So that's why the reason on bitcoin dump this day. I hope silk road bitcoin wallet could deactivated again and we can expect more pumps to coming in
Activity: 616
Merit: 279
Unfortunately, bitcoin (or any other crypto) is not a mean for payments for most people.
It is more just a tool to get rich quick. The majority regards bitcoin as a speculative investment, instead of a currency.
That's right! Bitcoin or any other altcoin hasn't reached maturity yet. You can't use it for payments only is some isolated cases.

I remember there was a Bitcoin conference last year or earlier this year and you could not pay for the tickets in bitcoin, just FIAT. Now that's something worth thinking about.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481
Of course for speculators it could be seen as scary scary to see such big amounts of BTC been moved around, but isn't Bitcoin supposed to be a currency, ie money that people should freely move around? It is paradoxical that this is creating fear in the community instead of joy Smiley

Unfortunately, bitcoin (or any other crypto) is not a mean for payments for most people.
It is more just a tool to get rich quick. The majority regards bitcoin as a speculative investment, instead of a currency.

The true price (reflecting the real value) probably will only be reached once people start to use BTC as it is supposed to be. As a currency.
Whether it will be via LN, on-chain or any other additional layer doesn't matter.
The most important factor which thrives the price up is adoption.

And while people should be happy to see a lot of (legit) transactions happening, most of them are scared once larger amounts are moved, because they could be used to 'dump' the market.
People are more focused on short term trades than long term ones, unfortunately.
Activity: 62
Merit: 0
That article is clickbait. It is a waste of time. It is full of confusion. It seems to be about some speculation on Reddit about movement of bitcoins that may be related to Silk Road, or perhaps Mt. Gox, or perhaps Craig Wright. The article shows a bunch of unrelated addresses and transactions along with some random posts and then talks about how they are all related, or not.

Yes, you are right. The article has a lot of missing info. For example I don't get what's the link with the SilkRoad wallet that has 111k BTC in it?

These are mere speculations on some old subject that are plan click-bait.

I agree, the article has too much missing info. Of course for speculators it could be seen as scary scary to see such big amounts of BTC been moved around, but isn't Bitcoin supposed to be a currency, ie money that people should freely move around? It is paradoxical that this is creating fear in the community instead of joy Smiley
Activity: 616
Merit: 279
That article is clickbait. It is a waste of time. It is full of confusion. It seems to be about some speculation on Reddit about movement of bitcoins that may be related to Silk Road, or perhaps Mt. Gox, or perhaps Craig Wright. The article shows a bunch of unrelated addresses and transactions along with some random posts and then talks about how they are all related, or not.

Yes, you are right. The article has a lot of missing info. For example I don't get what's the link with the SilkRoad wallet that has 111k BTC in it?

These are mere speculations on some old subject that are plain click-bait.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 759
I might be completely missing something here, but this is basically the origin address, right?

https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC/address/1933phfhK3ZgFQNLGSDXvqCn32k2buXY8a/transactions

While the 111k coins that were subdivided weren't touched since 2014, this one has been pretty active. It's not like the owner suddenly woke up and decided that he wanted to move his coins. Not that it matters, but I don't think they're dumping.
legendary
Activity: 4438
Merit: 3387
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1140
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
Sometimes it is better to keep dormant Bitcoin dormant or at least to dump it in the market progressively. If those money will be sold directly then the price will crash badly  Undecided
Activity: 90
Merit: 1
In a recent transaction data, a popular darknet site Silk Road which sells drugs online seems to have moved USD 1 billion worth bitcoin from its cold wallet. In its early years, Bitcoin was known as the currency of the Darknet. People used it for all sought of activities taking full advantage of its anonymity. But growing maturity of cryptocurrencies the Bitcoin started moving from the hands of criminals to speculators and investors but its usage still seems to pretty rampant in Darknet. 

read more: https://coingape.com/silk-road-bitcoin-wallet-activates-huge-dump-anticipated/
Pages:
Jump to: