Pages:
Author

Topic: Silkroad crash vs. Pirate crash - page 2. (Read 2614 times)

Activity: 152
Merit: 100
October 08, 2013, 03:06:54 AM

Salt Road has already been replaced.
Activity: 495
Merit: 507
October 08, 2013, 02:58:38 AM
You guys realize a bunch of other "services" existed before SR's fall and are now gearing up to handle the traffic, right?
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015
October 08, 2013, 02:54:24 AM
Pirate crash was more epic in %. SR myth of it being most of the bitcoin economy is just rubbish and now debunked. Good riddance.

That was in no way disproven.

google listen to bitcoin click here http://www.bitlisten.com/

listen, and realize SR is gone.

think, think really hard.

Oh, well if you mean transactions, no.

But if you mean it didnt support the market, that isnt yet proven. Would take at least a month to see.

We'll wait and see. Personally I would feel embarrassed to admit involvement in Bitcoin, if it were found it's main backbone was a drug market.

I dont see why it matters. If bitcoin ends up having other uses in the future, then what it was used for in the past is irrelevant IMO.

Well my Bitcoin holding value has increased thousands of percent. I would feel pretty bad that increase was an indirect result of the drug trade.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
October 08, 2013, 02:50:31 AM
Pirate crash was more epic in %. SR myth of it being most of the bitcoin economy is just rubbish and now debunked. Good riddance.

But if you mean it didnt support the market, that isnt yet proven. Would take at least a month to see.

We'll wait and see. Personally I would feel embarrassed to admit involvement in Bitcoin, if it were found it's main backbone was a drug market.

I dont see why it matters. If bitcoin ends up having other uses in the future, then what it was used for in the past is irrelevant IMO.

legendary
October 08, 2013, 02:42:45 AM

legendary
October 08, 2013, 02:14:18 AM

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
October 07, 2013, 11:30:13 PM

I love that site!

Seems pretty similar to when I listened a few weeks ago... except maybe it's a little more peaceful? Higher pitched? Or maybe just my imagination?

its hard to say... but other sources do point to more or less the same amount of tx volume happening on the network

side note: I never bought weed on SR, but i have bought weed for bitcoins.  Tongue
Activity: 784
Annuit cœptis humanae libertas
October 07, 2013, 11:27:08 PM

I love that site!

Seems pretty similar to when I listened a few weeks ago... except maybe it's a little more peaceful? Higher pitched? Or maybe just my imagination?
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
October 07, 2013, 11:20:12 PM

legendary
October 07, 2013, 11:14:27 PM

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
October 07, 2013, 11:08:21 PM
legendary
October 02, 2013, 02:52:03 PM
Bitcoin > Silkroad
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
October 02, 2013, 02:45:07 PM
So the bitcoin price is crashing due to SR shutdown. This really reminds me the crash in August 2012 after the close of Pirate scheme. At that time, people believed the Pirate scheme was the only thing supported the demand of bitcoin.  Price reduced from $15 to $7 in just a few hours. The history is just repeating.

Now we all know what happened since.  Wink

Probably, we were really lucky that SR were shutdown in Oct 2013, not Oct 2012. Should this happened in 2012, there was a real probability to go below $1 and won't recover for a very long time (but I still believe it would recover eventually). Today, bitcoin has become big enough to resist the death of SR. At this moment, bitcoin has just started attracting attention of high profile investors like SecondMarket. These people don't like their names linked to drugs. Therefore, I see the death of SR as medium-to-long-term bullish ---- very bullish. For those $100,000 bitcoin believers: do you really believe SR will bring bitcoin to $100,000?

Agreed. Now was the time to get rid of silkroad. We need to focus on the future in the daylight not our back alley past.
Activity: 634
Merit: 500
October 02, 2013, 02:34:33 PM
Silkroad has been like a leg brace for Bitcoin for a long time, but Bitcoin can walk on it's own now.

I agree that this is bullish in the long term.

Run, Bitcoin! Run!
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1087
October 02, 2013, 02:28:58 PM
So the bitcoin price is crashing due to SR shutdown. This really reminds me the crash in August 2012 after the close of Pirate scheme. At that time, people believed the Pirate scheme was the only thing supported the demand of bitcoin.  Price reduced from $15 to $7 in just a few hours. The history is just repeating.

Now we all know what happened since.  Wink

Probably, we were really lucky that SR were shutdown in Oct 2013, not Oct 2012. Should this happened in 2012, there was a real probability to go below $1 and won't recover for a very long time (but I still believe it would recover eventually). Today, bitcoin has become big enough to resist the death of SR. At this moment, bitcoin has just started attracting attention of high profile investors like SecondMarket. These people don't like their names linked to drugs. Therefore, I see the death of SR as medium-to-long-term bullish ---- very bullish. For those $100,000 bitcoin believers: do you really believe SR will bring bitcoin to $100,000?
Pages:
Jump to: