Pages:
Author

Topic: SilkRoad domain Seized? - page 23. (Read 46621 times)

Activity: 251
Merit: 250
October 02, 2013, 12:48:30 PM
Has anybody posted "THIS IS A GOOD THING" yet?

I've read that already somewhere around, one claimed that he didn't wanted btc associated with SR, to be honest I feel the same way.
Activity: 364
October 02, 2013, 12:46:23 PM

What's good about theft and the results unfavorable regulatory environments?
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222
brb keeping up with the Kardashians
October 02, 2013, 12:44:19 PM
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001
October 02, 2013, 12:44:09 PM
How many silkroad clones will there be next month?

Probably a dozen with 11 of them figuring out a way to steal the bitcoins being used from gullible users.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
October 02, 2013, 12:43:59 PM
Wouldn't it be more likely that the owner made a human mistake and got caught somehow?

Read the indictment. They are monitoring these forums (and much more), they looked how a guy called "altoid" mentioned SR very early on, he had registered that account with his real email (BTW, Theymos: how did they get the email through which he registered his btctalk account?). So they thoroughly monitored "Ross Ulbricht", and they realized he had the same interests of DPR - they wrote about the same books, liked the same videos... So they started to follow his moves... And they caught him.

They are watching.

source?

The indictment: http://krebsonsecurity.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/UlbrichtCriminalComplaint.pdf
Activity: 364
October 02, 2013, 12:43:42 PM
Wouldn't it be more likely that the owner made a human mistake and got caught somehow?

Read the indictment. They are monitoring these forums (and much more), they looked how a guy called "altoid" mentioned SR very early on, he had registered that account with his real email (BTW, Theymos: how did they get the email through which he registered his btctalk account?). So they thoroughly monitored "Ross Ulbricht", and they realized he had the same interests of DPR - they wrote about the same books, liked the same videos... So they started to follow his moves... And they caught him.

They are watching.

Of critical interest?
Activity: 157
Merit: 100
Hello!
October 02, 2013, 12:43:12 PM
How many silkroad clones will there be next month?
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
It From Bit
October 02, 2013, 12:42:09 PM
The real fallout will only become apparent when Hank's team gets the results of their analysis of the bitcoins that have flowed through SR.  Then we're all going to find out what "pseudo-anonymous" really means.

Probably a good time to sell, speculation-wise...
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
October 02, 2013, 12:39:10 PM
uhh, silkroad was a huge part of BTC economy.. its not just the bitcoins that will be dumped, its the impact on the btc economy itself..

It wont take long for several other darknet marketplaces to fill that vacuum.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
October 02, 2013, 12:37:09 PM

They are watching.

Well the forum database was dumped one time so they could have used that.
Activity: 406
October 02, 2013, 12:39:01 PM
I knew it was a human mistake... thanks for clearing that up, though I don't like the part where the information was extracted from the forum...

I wonder what will happen to all of those 3.6 million BTC that was seized.

>3M USD in BTC, not 3M BTC...

I hope you are right on this one. I wouldn't like the feds to have the power to dump 3m btc, 24k btc can't actually hurt the market...

They won't dump it, they just secured some interest in an up and coming market Smiley
Activity: 558
Merit: 131
October 02, 2013, 12:37:42 PM

Read the indictment. They are monitoring these forums (and much more), they looked how a guy called "altoid" mentioned SR very early on, he had registered that account with his real email (BTW, Theymos: how did they get the email through which he registered his btctalk account?).

See this post here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.568744

He put his email in the thread itself.
Activity: 392
October 02, 2013, 12:35:17 PM
I knew it was a human mistake... thanks for clearing that up, though I don't like the part where the information was extracted from the forum...

I hope you are right on this one. I wouldn't like the feds to have the power to dump 3m btc, 24k btc can't actually hurt the market...

uhh, silkroad was a huge part of BTC economy.. its not just the bitcoins that will be dumped, its the impact on the btc economy itself..
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
October 02, 2013, 12:34:53 PM

They are watching.

source?
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004
October 02, 2013, 12:34:23 PM
I hope his trial (if he gets one) get lots of media coverage. I mean, TV and all. This was no ordinary drug dealer, just read his quotes. It would be a good opportunity to tell all those truths on mainstream media. AFAIK, he has never hurt anyone, but he will probably end up serving more time in jail than rapers.

The problem is he destroyed his "good" reputation if he has been putting hits on people.

Definitely. I wasn't aware of that.
Activity: 251
October 02, 2013, 12:32:52 PM

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
October 02, 2013, 12:32:31 PM
Human error caught up with him.

Living in the US was bad.

Linking personal interests in his sig...

all his mistakes.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
October 02, 2013, 12:32:02 PM
Can someone upload the pdf to somewhere else? Damn site doesn't open.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
October 02, 2013, 12:30:34 PM

They are watching.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
October 02, 2013, 12:30:29 PM
The part where he paid like 1500 coin to get someone hit in Canada and says he has done it before for 80K.

That creeped me out a lot. "I had a clean hit before for $80k before"... Wow.

Plus, its very creepy how he received a picture of the corpse of the canadian guy close to a paper with random numbers he provided.

Finally, the fact they found about him in this forum is the most creepy thing. His bitcointalk.org forum account "altoid" was the reason he got busted.

That is creepy. I didn't know that was happening. This guy definitely needs to go away.
Pages:
Jump to: