Pages:
Author

Topic: Silly and scary questions, and what would you do if that were you. - page 6. (Read 887 times)

Activity: 2604
Merit: 816
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
It's very scary, and I wish it hadn't happened to me. But if that happened to me, maybe I would try to trick them so they would trust me. Next, I will try to save myself. I don't want to be a victim of kidnapping or murder. And I think the rest of my family will try to find me when they find out I'm missing.

By trying to trick them, I still have a chance to live. And that's where I still have to try harder to save myself. After all, I don't store all my Bitcoins in just one wallet address. I keep it in many separate wallets, which I have told my trusted people about. They also know how to use their Bitcoin.

That would be a scary scenario if it happened. And that's why we don't need to tell other people that we have Bitcoin, let alone tell them how many Bitcoins we have.
Activity: 2002
Merit: 633
Your keys, your responsibility
I recently caught someone trying his luck with the classic scam "privatekey bait".
My silly answer, why don't I start collecting these kinds of keys just in case? Let's say someday in a situation OP described, I'd hand over these keys to a robber. More seriously, I'd rather prevent myself from becoming a target for criminals. I thought this situation would never happen.
Activity: 2870
Merit: 612
Give them what they want. You can fight back that's a bit risky but have your firearm concealed all the time. Shoot when the opportunity is on your side.
If you want to prevent this from happening then just don't share with anyone that you have Bitcoin. I don't know if the stories about people getting kidnapped and ask their passwords at gunpoint were true but it's very possible especially if you share information on social media.

Sharing anything that criminals can assume you have some tremendous amount of wealth means you can be targeted.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 723
The situation is serious because it relates to your life, you can be killed.

First, don't try to make noise and let people know that you are a Bitcoin investor, have a lot of bitcoin and you are rich. It is prevention.

If you already did stupid things opposite than above recommendations, you have to prepare a small wallet to gove it to bad guys when serious situation comes. Because you will be able to use that wallet, to save yourself.

Even if you give them that wallet, nothing to be sure that they will free you. So let's return to first recommendation as prevention to be attacked. You will be smarter if you keep personal actitivies in secret.
Activity: 924
Merit: 728
There was a recent thread about this case, looking at the answer, it's either you create a multisig wallet, extended passphrase, or just having more than one wallet.

But if someone getting kidnaped when he only have one wallet and the attacker know about that, well it's better to let your money go than your life.

Since you've create this thread, I guess there's no excuse anymore as you've know to overcome that. Tongue
Activity: 2366
Merit: 448
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
I became worried and found it difficult to answer after my friend asked me scary and ridiculous questions about Bitcoin ownership.
he asked. If friends, new acquaintances, or other people find out that you have a sizable amount of Bitcoin, and you don't tell them. Then you are kidnapped with several people covering their faces, with the aim of getting your wallet address with the risk that if you don't give it you will be killed.
And another reason, you have given your wallet address to members you trust, such as family members or your wife and children.

And I want to know, what are you going to do.
Aren't you going to give the bad guy your wallet address, and you let him get killed. However, your Bitcoins remain safe because you have given your wallet address to someone you trust.
Or you will give it away because you still want to live, and you don't have any more Bitcoins.

And it was just a casual conversation with a friend of mine who both owns Bitcoin, and I was just wondering what other people's answers to this dreaded question made me want to create a thread.
Pages:
Jump to: