Pages:
Author

Topic: Since you can give someone your wallet instantly, you can send instantly - page 2. (Read 1830 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Coolness: ∞
What is your point exactly?

For the people who believe the sending/receiving process takes too long, currently I don't see this way of transfer implemented, though anyone can freely code as they please.

Err... sending bitcoins is pretty much instant already.

The confirmations are for security...

If I send you a wallet.dat as payment, what prevents me from spending the coins on it immediately after I send it to you?

Please read my example model, you cannot undo what someone has already done, in this case the receiver would have already sent the BTC off.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011
Reverse engineer from time to time
What is your point exactly?
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Coolness: ∞
Step 1 : Create program to accept Bitcoin wallets (the one on your computer right now this instant) as payment.

Example :
>> Sender has x wallet for entertainment expenses, sender keeps around 2 BTC in this wallet at all times.
>> Sender wants to pay for something in real life but it needs to be instant.
>> Receiver takes the users wallet, instantly transfering the coins to its own wallet.
>> Receiver does not need to wait for any confirmations since it has direct ownership access to the wallet.
>> Sender's wallet generates new address and receiver sends him or her the BTC change/difference.

?? Profit ??

Go.
Pages:
Jump to: