Pages:
Author

Topic: Single Revision 3 - page 2. (Read 4208 times)

Activity: 295
Merit: 250
March 20, 2012, 10:29:29 AM
When you get the confirmation page after placing an order (through Paypal, not sure if other methods get the same page) there is a block of text:

Delivery: Units are guaranteed to be shipped within four to six weeks from the date of purchase. However, your delivery time may be significantly less depending on the production group your order falls in.

legendary
Activity: 922
Merit: 1003
March 20, 2012, 10:27:36 AM
I'm not seeing where they are claiming 4 - 6 weeks on the website anymore.  Beyond that, I don't recall them ever guaranteeing 4 - 6 weeks, just an estimate... though I may be wrong about that.

You can see it on the order page for the Singles. They use the word 'guaranteed'.

http://www.butterflylabs.com/pre-order-form/

Look at the 'Order Terms' section on the right side of the page, above the photo of the old Rev 1 Single PCB they are no longer producing.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
March 20, 2012, 10:22:37 AM
I believe the 4-6 week statement was on the order form no?

Actually I don't see it anywhere now. Hmmm
legendary
Activity: 1260
March 20, 2012, 10:13:13 AM
I'm not seeing where they are claiming 4 - 6 weeks on the website anymore.  Beyond that, I don't recall them ever guaranteeing 4 - 6 weeks, just an estimate... though I may be wrong about that.
March 20, 2012, 09:34:19 AM
Some early January orders just shipped.

Awesome. Seems like they're making some good progress. I hope this indicates confidence in their design such that it will accelerate the order fulfillment.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
March 20, 2012, 09:20:45 AM
If they don't meet the 4-6 weeks you can cancel and get your money back ... guaranteed.  There is nothing else "backing" it.  Not a single person has received units in <6 weeks.  Some early January orders just shipped.
March 20, 2012, 09:19:11 AM
I'm surprised they are still keeping their 4-6 week ship guarantee. I wonder what they're backing it with...
legendary
Activity: 1400
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
March 19, 2012, 06:25:45 PM
I have had my orders in and it is looking like I may be getting the rev3s??  yeah!!     ;)Cool

BFL really does need to get themselves together though and get me my unitz.  Can't wait for the end of the month.......
March 19, 2012, 04:02:00 PM
Ordering now is probably after rev 3, unless BFL steps us their production size big time. Which they certainly should, considering that most people's reservations in ordering the singles is how long it would take until it gets into their hands.
legendary
Activity: 1795
Merit: 1208
This is not OK.
March 19, 2012, 12:51:55 PM
Probably on the slow boat from china now.
legendary
Activity: 922
Merit: 1003
March 19, 2012, 10:30:05 AM
Anyone have a general idea on how long the wait is, currently, between ordering and shipping?

Go here and draw your own conclusions:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.791080

No one can tell you what the current wait is, not even BFL. People that have ordered in mid-December have started getting theirs (some have, some haven't). People who ordered in early January still haven't received anything. It isn't yet clear whether BFL is now catching up, keeping up, or getting further behind. As for how long will people who order now have to wait, your guess is as good as mine.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
March 17, 2012, 04:01:36 PM
Anyone have a general idea on how long the wait is, currently, between ordering and shipping?
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
March 17, 2012, 04:29:02 AM
I expect delivery in about a month, yes, that leaves ~8 months... and power cost is 0, since they will most likely be housed in my DC.  But even factoring in power, depending on what BTC prices do, it may be paid off sooner (or later if the fall is dramatic)  I based my calculations on $4/btc.

Is there a limit to how many you can put on 1 PC

127 per USB port.   I imagine you'd run out of power points before your PC ran out of USB ports Smiley

This is the number from the usb-specification, and even if somebody said, it will not require any CPU-Power from the PC and a "healthy" usb-port is enogh, I would not be too sure. Depends all on the amount of data which is transfered and on the latencies. I really don´t know what data is transferred, but if that will turn out as a problem, you could use an usb3-host-port on your PC, together with a huge usb3-hub. That will give you some air with all the usb2-devices. But with just 10 singles you will not encounter any problem. Just my 2 BTC-cent on this...
Activity: 798
March 16, 2012, 09:29:08 PM
I expect delivery in about a month, yes, that leaves ~8 months... and power cost is 0, since they will most likely be housed in my DC.  But even factoring in power, depending on what BTC prices do, it may be paid off sooner (or later if the fall is dramatic)  I based my calculations on $4/btc.

Is there a limit to how many you can put on 1 PC

127 per USB port.   I imagine you'd run out of power points before your PC ran out of USB ports Smiley
Activity: 11
March 16, 2012, 08:16:17 PM

Hmm I see.  Is there a limit to how many you can put on 1 PC or are you planning to do all 30 on 1 PC with a bunch of USB hubs?
legendary
Activity: 1260
March 16, 2012, 03:02:33 PM
If you ordered in the last week or two, I believe you'll be getting rev 3.  I ordered 30 units myself.

Not worried about the reward halving, huh?

They'll pay for themselves before that happens.
According to the bitcoin profitability calculator on bitcoinx.com it will take 280 days for one single to pay for itself ($600).  (Assuming a modest $0.11/KHW).

So, since the block reward is going to halve in December, I'd say you're cutting it pretty close for them to pay for themselves by the time the reward halves.  Plus you just ordered them and we know they're having trouble processing all the orders so who knows how long it will be till you actually have all 30 of them in your hands. 

So, in conclusion, if it takes them a month or more to ship them, then they actually won't pay for themselves by the time the reward halves.  Obviously not really a big deal since as you pointed out they will be mostly paid off by then. But still something to think about, especially for people who haven't placed orders yet like myself.  If I order today, it will likely be a month or more till I get the items.

Activity: 11
March 16, 2012, 02:18:47 PM
If you ordered in the last week or two, I believe you'll be getting rev 3.  I ordered 30 units myself.

Not worried about the reward halving, huh?

They'll pay for themselves before that happens.
According to the bitcoin profitability calculator on bitcoinx.com it will take 280 days for one single to pay for itself ($600).  (Assuming a modest $0.11/KHW).

So, since the block reward is going to halve in December, I'd say you're cutting it pretty close for them to pay for themselves by the time the reward halves.  Plus you just ordered them and we know they're having trouble processing all the orders so who knows how long it will be till you actually have all 30 of them in your hands. 

So, in conclusion, if it takes them a month or more to ship them, then they actually won't pay for themselves by the time the reward halves.  Obviously not really a big deal since as you pointed out they will be mostly paid off by then. But still something to think about, especially for people who haven't placed orders yet like myself.  If I order today, it will likely be a month or more till I get the items.
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
March 16, 2012, 11:44:11 AM

I´m also tempted to place another order, but I first want to receive something before ordering more.
legendary
Activity: 1795
Merit: 1208
This is not OK.
March 16, 2012, 01:37:36 AM
Solidworks?

What do you expect? It's not supposed to look like it's rendered in Maya!
March 15, 2012, 11:41:55 PM
Anyone know what CAD software they rendered that board in? It looks rather primitive. Makes me curious what tool they are using for electrical design.
Pages:
Jump to: