Pages:
Author

Topic: skarais - Merit Source Aplication - page 3. (Read 1041 times)

Activity: 1764
Merit: 694
[Nope]No hype delivers more than hope
December 07, 2021, 12:51:42 AM
-snip-

Whether that sharp drop was caused by reduced post quality I don't know, but somehow I doubt that. Maybe to some extent, but most likely one of the causes is merit sources going afk, or just not beign as active as before.

My assumption is that the statistics were generated thanks to the contribution of one of our moderators (dbshck). I just remembered that he was one of the most generous users a while ago. Right now for some reason he no longer maintained his achievement. Maybe he's busy outside.

I will also support this application, I hope that there will be a new merit source can help achieve as one of the most merited subforums again.
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1086
Free Bitcoins Every Hour!
December 06, 2021, 07:12:48 PM
I support this application. Since some Indonesian Merit Sources are no longer active, we need new active Merit Sources. Skarais is one of the Indonesian members who regularly supports all Indonesian members to raise their merits and rank up to a higher level. I think he deserves to give the chance to be a Merit Source in the Indonesian local board.

I also wonder how Theymos will do it in this case, because I guess he won't know Indonesian.
I believe Theymos can understand it. And Theymos will decide it not only based on the post quality proposed above, but he will see how urgent the need for a Merit Source on the Indonesian local board is.

Sorry about this but so far none of your local users support your app
Check again!
There are already some Indonesian members supporting this application. No need to hurry, I believe there is still a lot of time before Theymos decides it.  Wink

legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
December 06, 2021, 05:56:25 PM
Skarais has been a member of the forum for over 4 years now, has a decent reputation, and I have no doubt he knows what a merit-worthy post is.  I've long thought that we need more merit sources in the local boards, and since the Indonesian one is (or was) a very active one I think Theymos really ought to give him a shot--so I support his application.

Sorry about this but so far none of your local users support your app and I don't think you should bother doing it just to help them.
Uh....this thread is just about one day old, so as ETFbitcoin has suggested, be patient.  I'd also point out that Skarais's OP got a lot of merits so far, so you could count those as support without members actually writing posts in support of his application.  And why shouldn't he bother to help his fellow Indonesians out?  I think there's a merit source who's gone missing in that section (though I could be thinking of another one), and if that's the case that merit source needs to be replaced IMO.

Good luck, Skarais.  I don't see any problem at all with your application; the only hindrance I see is Theymos's decision as to whether he wants to increase the number of merit sources right now.  He made some new ones not too long ago, and I don't know whether he's going to tap any new members to be sources for now.  Hopefully he will, because as I said I think your local board needs at least one.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
December 06, 2021, 04:54:49 PM
Skarais, I don't know you personally, but I have often read your posts and followed your activities and I consider you a quality member with a good reputation.
I know from personal experience that many members of this forum, who don't speak good English and can't write in the English part of the forum, find it difficult to get merits and progress on this forum because other members can't understand their language.
That was exactly the reason why I personally applied for merit source a few years ago, and also the reason why I support you to become merit source.
I had the desire to help the Croatian members of this forum, who rarely write in English, and reward their quality posts with merits, and I believe that you will support the members of your local community in the same way and therefore you have my full support.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 141
December 06, 2021, 01:49:28 PM
just support your application...hope it can help you a little bit.  (out of topic, i've been on vacation to Bali and Lombok several times, a beautiful island.  hopefully, one day when this pandemic is over i can vacation there again)
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 2094
December 06, 2021, 11:37:41 AM
Hi. Can't really say that I support your application because I don't understand Indonesian and I don't think that using online translators is the right way to do it because you always lose something.
That's okay, I understand and I will not force anyone to support my application. But if you believe enough in how I spend merit on quality posts by our Local users, then feel free to support me.  Wink

I also wonder how Theymos will do it in this case, because I guess he won't know Indonesian.
It should be that language limitations by other merit sources could open up more opportunities for me to apply, and so far I think local users are the best choice to become a merit source on certain Local Board. I mean, the source of merit for Local Board Bahasa Indonesia should be users from Indonesia or those who understand Indonesian well and the same goes for other Local Board.

I think you need more time and effort to get a lot of support from other established users here especially from those who are now a source of merit.
I realize I'm not the best user on my Local Board, but as I said above that I have the initiative to help those in need, so I'm considering submitting this application. But I will never feel guilty when not many people want to support because this is the decision of each individual user. So let them decide for themselves. By the way, thank you for your support.

IMO you chose some good posts, although few of them either receive decent amount of merit or only average. I think you're decent enough to be merit.
That's right, I tried to get some posts which I think are still not enough to get merit although over time the number can still increase, and the 10 posts above in my opinion deserve merit from me. Also, I'm glad you support this app.

Whether that sharp drop was caused by reduced post quality I don't know, but somehow I doubt that. Maybe to some extent, but most likely one of the causes is merit sources going afk, or just not beign as active as before.
Merit activity from users who were previously quite active makes quality posts slightly decrease and some of our Local Board merit source also become less active (one of which has been inactive for a long time) so this affect the number of merit distributed in the Local Board. Regeneration might be able to increase the number of merit distribution every month especially when we have enough users who also care about post quality but don't get enough merit. So it's possible for me to think about fixing this situation if my application is accepted by theymos.

Either way, good luck with your application buddy.
Thanks mate, I still have hope to get it.  Cheesy

The following is a history of merit transaction (sender and recipient) of the Local Board Bahasa Indonesia since the merit system was introduced until now.

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 5937
December 06, 2021, 06:18:24 AM
Looking at Indonesian post activity and amount of merit shared, there is definitely room for improvement, merit/post wise. ~Year and a half ago Indonesian board used to have one of the highest merit/post ratios among all locals, and now is among those with lower ratio, albeit it has been increasing in the last few months.

Either way, good luck with your application buddy.

I guess the same way he promoted bunch of other local board merit sources. It's not like this is a first local board merit source application ever.
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 7490
Crypto Swap Exchange
December 06, 2021, 04:53:24 AM
IMO you chose some good posts, although few of them either receive decent amount of merit or only average. I think you're decent enough to be merit source on Indonesian board, so i support your application.

Sorry about this but so far none of your local users support your app and I don't think you should bother doing it just to help them.

Can you be patient? Not all local users regularly check this board or online everyday.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1228
December 06, 2021, 04:18:40 AM
I think you need more time and effort to get a lot of support from other established users here especially from those who are now a source of merit. Your rank may not really matter in this case because I think admin just wants to see your merit transaction history before making you a merit source.

Sorry about this but so far none of your local users support your app and I don't think you should bother doing it just to help them. But hopefully your contribution is really useful for them, so I think some people need to support your efforts on this one. I have 2 merit for your application, somehow it might help you get another 1 sMerit for you to use on your local board.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 2017
December 06, 2021, 03:51:41 AM
Hi. Can't really say that I support your application because I don't understand Indonesian and I don't think that using online translators is the right way to do it because you always lose something.

In any case, if a lot of people have suggested it to you, I guess you have a chance.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 2094
December 05, 2021, 04:12:46 PM
Pages:
Jump to: