Pages:
Author

Topic: Small Birthday Gift - Bitcoin - page 5. (Read 602 times)

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1296
keep walking, Johnnie
June 20, 2023, 07:04:23 AM
~snip
I read your post and still don't understand why this is posted here.
Well, you gave your girlfriend a gift in the form of bitcoin, so what? Now you need to praise with this or want to hear the approval of the BTC-community? In my opinion, this is an ordinary event about which it is not necessary to tell everyone and create a separate topic. I am not writing this to criticize you, but simply because I don't see any message from this story.

0.0011BTC? I don't consider this a reason to worry about storage on a centralized exchanger. The amount is quite insignificant. You could have given more ~30$ for birthday, greedy man. Smiley
Activity: 1428
Merit: 129
The first decentralized crypto betting platform
June 20, 2023, 06:58:32 AM
It was a meaningful gift, and I'm sure she was delighted you did it with her. Recently I also saw a topic about giving bitcoins on the wedding day, but honestly, bitcoin will be a very meaningful gift if the recipient knows what it is and its value. But it doesn't make any sense if you give bitcoins to someone they don't know what it is.
Many people will object when you and her use Binance, but in this situation, I don't think there will be any other choice as she is relatively new and maybe Binance account is the only wallet she owns. Of course, you should tell her about the pros and cons of holding bitcoins on a centralized exchange, but with that amount of bitcoins, it would be really unwise to tell her about withdrawing bitcoins to the non-custodial wallet.
Activity: 574
Merit: 554
June 20, 2023, 06:56:46 AM
Long back while having conversation with one of my girlfriend she said she was interested into cryptocurrency. Quite often she used to watch more details on Instagram posts and doesn't have proper knowledge to get into it. Days passed and today it is her birthday. I remembered the conversation and wished her. Already she had Binance, so requested her to send the bitcoin address and send a small amount of 0.0011BTC as birthday gift.
Some threads have discussed members giving Bitcoin gifts as birthday presents and even wedding gifts. But your case is different because your girlfriend has some background knowledge about cryptocurrencies and she desires to own the currency. I have always believed that a gift will make meaning to the receiver if he cherishes it. It is a good birthday gift and I wish she cherishes and appreciates it.

I know it is not good to send gifts to the centralized exchanges. During the conversation she said she is interested to learn about trading and for that purpose she had downloaded Binance. While meeting her in person I will brief her better about the security and need for noncustodial wallet.
You must inform her about the dangers of keeping money in centralized exchanges. She needs to use a non-custodian wallet and don't forget to introduce her to an open-sourced wallet. Ensure she understands crypto trading before starts putting in money. She should also know that trading is not a get-rich-quick business. She should know that sometimes you lose and in some cases, you gain.
Activity: 602
Merit: 387
Rollbit is for you. Take $RLB token!
June 20, 2023, 06:38:39 AM
Welcome to Announce your story with Bitcoin, first purchase, sale, business, education ...

I know it is not good to send gifts to the centralized exchanges. During the conversation she said she is interested to learn about trading and for that purpose she had downloaded Binance. While meeting her in person I will brief her better about the security and need for non custodial wallet.
Invite her to read those topics, articles to understand the importance of non custodial wallets.
Reminder: do not keep your money in online accounts
Cryptocurrency security checklist
Securing your wallet
[GUIDE] How to Safely Download and Verify Electrum
Activity: 980
Merit: 713
June 20, 2023, 06:35:47 AM
Long back while having conversation with one of my girlfriend she said she was interested into cryptocurrency. Quite often she used to watch more details on Instagram posts and doesn't have proper knowledge to get into it. Days passed and today it is her birthday. I remembered the conversation and wished her. Already she had Binance, so requested her to send the bitcoin address and send a small amount of 0.0011BTC as birthday gift.

Only God could know how happy she must be right now to have her first Bitcoin been given by a friend on her birthday today. Because truly this is quite impressive, & the best way to getting her to love Bitcoin the more & pick interest into getting to learn how it works and her trade which she just opened a "Binance" account for. Because by having you as a mentor, I'm sure she is sure of going through her journey smoothly without falling victim of scam just as we did years back when we started our journey alone. However, if you could introduce her to the forum, it will be a very great idea, as she will have the privilege to meet like-minded people like her interested in Bitcoin and learning how to trade, most especially on the "Trading Discussion" side of the forum.

So once again, I must confess that was a good job you just did.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 475
Instant cryptocurrency exchange with own reserves!
June 20, 2023, 06:17:51 AM
That's a wonderful gift, even it prices less but gifts are meant to be priceless, so great work dude, plus she seems to be happy even with that amount, i hope she is not present on this platform, because if she find out you have other girlfriend too, she might not like it
conversation with one of my girlfriend
(haha), and great work  Grin

And you mentioned
i know it is not good to send gifts to the centralized exchanges.
, keeping big amount of assets on centralized exchanges is bad for health but sending small value are not that much of a risk, and as you said, you are going to teach her about non-custodial wallets, that is great, you should ask her it the first hand but no worry, Binance is not going to run anywhere soon. So,

And best luck.
Activity: 658
Merit: 158
BTC Rocks
June 20, 2023, 06:17:08 AM
I like this story and what you have gifted to your girlfriend. But one things make me laugh a lot that your girlfriend is calling you "Anna" which is I think a south Indian word, maybe Tamil and the meaning is "Elder Brother". Actually she is calling you Elder Brother not her hubby.
Maybe your relationship status has been broken. Anyway take it easily, I am replying because this one makes my mood funny.
Activity: 602
Merit: 638
June 20, 2023, 05:38:43 AM
I will advise you to try reducing the image size so it does not occupy the entire space.
Code:
[img width=250] link to your image [/img]

Just imagine how happy the girl will be to get her first handbag as a birthday gift, which she was never expecting. Such gifts are always cherished, and that day won't be forgotten so early by her.

For now, since she is still new to crypto, a lot of the newbies are introduced to crypto through centralized exchanges as one of their safest means of storing their coins, which I see as normal for anyone who has just a little knowledge about how things work.

Just try and make time, like you have said, to lecture her more about the security measures and steps she can take to safely guide her holdings and how to follow up on trades since she said she wants to get involved in trading. To me, for the main time, it could really be nice if she could just start by holding the bitcoin until she familiarizes herself with how trading works.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
June 20, 2023, 04:48:16 AM

I know it is not good to send gifts to the centralized exchanges. During the conversation she said she is interested to learn about trading and for that purpose she had downloaded Binance. While meeting her in person I will brief her better about the security and need for non custodial wallet.

I've added the conversation that happened through the WhatsApp.

Pages:
Jump to: