Pages:
Author

Topic: sMerit Anti-Hodling Scheme - page 2. (Read 505 times)

legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1150
December 05, 2019, 10:19:01 PM
No, there are quite a lot of good and useful posts on forums that are spread across various boards and in my opinion that is where the last sMerit can be spent. But I feel confident that some people will not spend more time searching and searching for such writing for various reasons.
I am not used to hold sMerit for a long time, depending on the posting habits. The more actively interacting in some interesting discussions, the greater the opportunity to spend sMerit.

In my local board Indonesia, there was an attempt by most of the members there to distribute sMerit in the post reported after review on a special thread and in my opinion it was quite helpful for local merit sources to distribute the existing sMerit.

Thanking for pandukelana2712 and other merit source that have contributed a lot there. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/helpbantuan-untuk-menaikkan-rank-jr-member-sd-heroupdate-2840438
Activity: 2366
Merit: 838
December 05, 2019, 09:34:42 PM
This is what we see in the merit page (of each user)
There is no point in hoarding sMerit; keeping it yourself does not benefit you, and we reserve the right to decay unused sMerit in the future.
We don't have any more merit by holding our sMerits and the only thing we can do to accumulate more merits is making good and merit-deserving posts.

The most common complaining thing is giving sMerits away to which posts is a subjective thing to do with each user. One user can think this post is merit-deserving and merit it, while the others don't think so and don't merit it. Fortunately, it is not a thing to complain and start serious arguments because meriting is subjective. Sometimes, an simple answer is helpful for the one who raised a question, or for the one who accidentally find and read the answer that is helpful for his/her-self.

A newbie can start a question like "Where to see the forum rules? Please help". I already know it so I can think the answer is unhelpful for me but the others (who don't know it) think it is helpful and give sMerits to that answer. It is totally fair and very well usage of sMerits.

For holding sMerits, there is nothing wrong with it. If one does not see posts that subjectively thought as merit-deserving, that one will hold their sMerits. To be fair, users don't have to spend their time to scan posts in the forum to give their sMerits away. They can do this naturally and occasionally when they see good posts. In other words, it is not a kind of responsibility.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 2212
December 05, 2019, 08:33:57 PM
This topic isn't relevant to merit sources, so move along, conservatively giving away your monthly merit allowance elsewhere Tongue

I've decided I'm against "hodling" smerit. Whenever I receive merit, I usually have posts in my mind to merit in return, therefore don't find any purpose, value or reasoning for "stocking up" on smerit, or even "holding" it for more than 24 hours. Arguably, this is also against the ethos of merit in itself (no quote soz).

It's not that I'm against those who hodl their smert, in order to "have enough in reserve" to merit a post worthy of considerable merit, instead I give away merit in single amounts whenever I receive it. Call it Member mentality and not relevant to higher-ranking members (it's probably not), but it's about giving as much as to you receive is it not?

For reference sake, this is how I like to see my Merit distribution:

I have given away 101% of my smerit (41/81*200), not 100% due to a glitch in the system Grin

Does anyone else imply the smerit anti-hodling scheme?
Pages:
Jump to: