Pages:
Author

Topic: Smile! There are no worst possible scenarios. We've already survived the worst! - page 2. (Read 462 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 260
I don't think bitcoin is passing through the worst conditions and I always saying that this market is highly unpredictable. This is a sign that bitcoin is not a market that can be control by few  people but it has it own personal emotions and it react to the world events.
We expect a bance back in March as it has been happening every year. January has never been good in the history of bitcoin and we should not expect this year to be different.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 347
meh, you know what? i stopped worrying about bitcoin price a couple of days ago. i cashed out of the market (withdrew my bitcoins out to cold storage) and stopped thinking about what will happen and stopped trying to make profit. i stopped trading altcoins too because when bitcoin is unpredictable they become unpredictable too.
now i am happy with my coins in safety of a cold storage. i will just buy more if i had any spare money in the near future and will wait until movements become more logical rather than irrational panic sells.

We have to go long and stop thinking about it for some time.

We all rejoiced back in august at 3k and october at 5k. Its bad to see everything dropping back and threatening those levels.

Curiously, august was the month of the bcash fork, and october of the bgold fork. Maybe we need a new professional fork to spike the price up? Or a new Roger Ver to make some drama?

Activity: 252
Merit: 11
Since December of last year until now, bitcoin has depreciated $10,500 and its price has reached the line of $9,500.

The only good news of this great drop is that it is impossible for the bitcoin price to fall as much as $10,500 again.

Therefore from this moment bitcoin only has two options: either grow a lot, or drop a bit, and both scenarios are quite favorable compared to the hard times we have suffered these last weeks.
I'm entirely in agreement with you, for some time there might be minor fluctuations, but it shouldn't drop prominently, it is the bottom line now, like in 2014 - 2015: from $1K to ~ $200, but a couple of years later we could see rapid price increase. So now, eventually it must go up in price, it's just the matter of time. What are your predictions about BTC recovering its price?

there is only one problem with that reasoning. In 2014-2015 when it went back up we were in full economic recovery. There is a very high chance of recession in 1-2 years max. Already when I look around I see the first signs of that: companies have borrowed to their limits and the banks are cutting on lending.
Activity: 280
Merit: 102
The revolutionary trading ecosystem
A positive light to view the markets in, not standard but I like the idea Smiley. While I do tend to agree the worst of it is over I was never worried through this run because it had to end sometime and going through the run last July where coins lost 80-90% their value nothing seems as bad as that. Not saying I wish this of course but I have some back bone to bend on and it feels nice to not panic!
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
meh, you know what? i stopped worrying about bitcoin price a couple of days ago. i cashed out of the market (withdrew my bitcoins out to cold storage) and stopped thinking about what will happen and stopped trying to make profit. i stopped trading altcoins too because when bitcoin is unpredictable they become unpredictable too.
now i am happy with my coins in safety of a cold storage. i will just buy more if i had any spare money in the near future and will wait until movements become more logical rather than irrational panic sells.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500
Since December of last year until now, bitcoin has depreciated $10,500 and its price has reached the line of $9,500.

The only good news of this great drop is that it is impossible for the bitcoin price to fall as much as $10,500 again.

Therefore from this moment bitcoin only has two options: either grow a lot, or drop a bit, and both scenarios are quite favorable compared to the hard times we have suffered these last weeks.

I would contradict with your thoughts because I don't feel the same way. It is not impossible for bitcoin go down to 5k level or go up to 25k level. If countries like India or South Korea bans bitcoin, its price will go down to the lowest possible level which we can't quantify at this point of time. On the other hand, if we they are legalizing it, the price will go up exponentially. So anything and everything can happen and the worst is not over yet.

Even I am optimistic about bitcoin and I also have a good amount invested in it, but I can't see a very rosy picture about bitcoin now. Unless we solve the network scaling issue, I don't see it going to the previous level again. Instead it can go down further.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
Nope, don't agree with you.  I think it's just as likely to go down to 6k than it is to go back up to 20k.  I've seen nothing that convinces me otherwise.  Your two scenarios are not the only scenarios, although pretty unlikely there's a non-negligible chance it could go even lower than 5k.  In short, anything can happen.  I'll wait to see some stability before buying more bitcoins.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

I'm entirely in agreement with you, for some time there might be minor fluctuations, but it shouldn't drop prominently, it is the bottom line now, like in 2014 - 2015: from $1K to ~ $200, but a couple of years later we could see rapid price increase. So now, eventually it must go up in price, it's just the matter of time. What are your predictions about BTC recovering its price?
Activity: 183
Merit: 11

Pages:
Jump to: