Pages:
Author

Topic: So coinbase closed my account for gambling... - page 3. (Read 4521 times)

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1003
I tried to search if there's any rule about accepting payments from gambling sites, there's none but i'm not sure about their rules before we sign up if there is. I get my payments from Magicaldice through coinbase.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
EtherSphere - Social Games
What is it their business what you do with your coins as long as they get paid?!

It sounds that you have it linked to your bank account to be able to sell what you win. But still, they could say it is illegal activity if the amounts are high. Suspect of money laundering ? Can't see that as they see where the funds are coming from.
Is it in their TOS that gambling is not allowed using their services?
Activity: 371
Merit: 250
I presume that's why.

I got a warning email a month or so ago...I had done a few withdraws directly to CB from poker sites. Once I got it, I did every single transfer through a middle wallet first.

I'm guessing the transaction behavior was what led to the closure since I never went directly to gambling from CB again (winning poker player...I would keep X amount in CB, when I won that amount in poker, I would sell it on CB and withdraw that amount from the poker site to my other wallet and then to CB)

What other sites can I use that are easy as coinbase? I could sell a bitcoin one day and the money would be in my bank account the next day with very low fees, less than 1%.

Thanks
Pages:
Jump to: