Pages:
Author

Topic: So I dropped my phone in the water with all the 2fa keys on it... - page 2. (Read 1333 times)

Activity: 235
Merit: 100
I got my phone working again with the rice in the bag trick!

But how do I back up my keys just in case same thing happens again? (knock on wood)
So, write down your keys on a paper and don't let it others to know.
Activity: 290
Merit: 250
I got my phone working again with the rice in the bag trick!

But how do I back up my keys just in case same thing happens again? (knock on wood)
legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
So I dropped my phone in the water with all the 2fa keys to all of my accounts and wallets on it. Can anyone tell me from experience how difficult it is to retrieve and regain access to my accounts and wallet? I have LBC, Block Chain, Circle, Coinbase, and Cryptothrift.

Its possible on some services to get access again you just have to wait a while once you have told them.  They must check you are not a hacker trying to get access.

I have the same deal as you if i drop my phone in the water/lose it.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin
How is it possible that you sim card got damaged in water? mine was few times and it's working just fine.
Can't you just use it on a new phone with same sim card? I'm assuming u're getting 2fa codes to that number..

cheers
Activity: 268
Merit: 256
If you contact your cell carrier and get a new sim card for your number from them and put that into another phone, you should be able to verify with whatever 2fa service you use to reset everything for your new phone.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
I had a 2FA failure with a couple of websites. They were able to bypass and reset it with some extra info including an email from the registered address and an educated guess of my balances. It's totally down to their discretion though.
So I dropped my phone in the water with all the 2fa keys to all of my accounts and wallets on it. Can anyone tell me from experience how difficult it is to retrieve and regain access to my accounts and wallet? I have LBC, Block Chain, Circle, Coinbase, and Cryptothrift.

https://accounts.google.com/b/0/SmsAuthSettings this link if it was a google auth. Use the back up codes at the end of the page.

That's what I use!
Thank you !!!
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1024

https://accounts.google.com/b/0/SmsAuthSettings this link if it was a google auth. Use the back up codes at the end of the page.
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520
No I dont escrow anymore.

Its pretty easy if you have backups.

I fear not Sad

Contact each service directly and ask for their procedure in this case. It will probably take a while.

I fear not Sad
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520
No I dont escrow anymore.

Pages:
Jump to: