Pages:
Author

Topic: So low market cap is better for investment? - page 12. (Read 6238 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 10
Low marketcap is just one preference that you need to look if you are buying new coin. I prefer 10M-100M supply when i look for a coin but there are some exceptions depending on the project they are working with and the team behind the development.
Activity: 233
Merit: 106
The Operating System for DAOs
Well it is going to give you better returns on your investment if you pick the right one. But if you pick the wrong one it could be much more loss as well. That is the fun with low cap coins they are really risky but if you pick

correct it could mean the moon for you. This applies for any investment in life, the more riskier it is the more reward it will give you. The middle-high marketcap coins are less riskier but as a result will provide for less

volatility either way.
Activity: 756
Merit: 252
Low market capitalization gives a perspective of sudden and great rise of prices. But it is necessary for people to have confidence in these coins. Low capitalization may be an indication that people don't trust these coins and they will die and not born. Each case is individual.
You are correct when it comes to those coins you need to see why there has not been a big investment yet, is it because it is a hidden gem, or is it because there are some issues that are not resolved or is it because the projects is complete trash and no one is going to invest in it.
Activity: 756
Merit: 407
No
It is not always true.
There is lot's of low marketcap shitcoin available on market.
But low marketcap coin has the higher opportunity to increase more if you think from speculator's perspective.
Low marketcap coin can easily go to 5X or 10X.
Activity: 644
Merit: 103
Low market caps are more susceptible to pump and dumps. It also shows that the coin wont last long as it is unstable and is going to be exploited by some investors..
Activity: 286
Merit: 250
There are good opportunities into some coins with low market cap, it means the project hasnt used ICO to go live, as well project is new or not well promoted, or has been kept hiden for a while till all features ready to make it grow, there are risks but the potencial rewards might be something no other big coin can or will achieve, few coins has this potencial.
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
Small cap, Big cap! All of these do not matter when the emotion of greed and fear set in! Traders and investor many times simply act on impulse! not to talk of rumour fud or any going concern!
Activity: 640
Merit: 104
yes its low market cap is better for investment because of low coin price, you can use this opportunity to collect more coins more and you will be lucky, because if you sell coins you have when the price is low of course this is a big risk.
Activity: 504
it is true, if the price is lower is better in Invest only. because there is no choice but to wait, to rise again the price. and also we do not know, how it goes. who knows next could be as bright as bitcoin and ETH
Activity: 210
Merit: 106
its depend on people, if they like high risk high return low cap its theirs. but for me low cap its not good since very high risk. it can turn your money into 1000% and maybe to Zero.
Activity: 702
Merit: 251
You have to trade on early news about incoming developments. Without development the market cap won't really grow anyway.
Activity: 1190
COMBONetwork
I do not think that low market is betterfor investment because if so people are very lacking for trading in the market that can make the price movement of the coins very slow. I guess to investing who have big market.
Activity: 184
Merit: 1
No, not really!

low market cap also shows that particular altcoin has nothing to offer and nobody cares about it. in other words there is no demand hence low price and as a result low market cap.

the picture you posted is also 100% irrelevant.

I agree^^^

Low market cap isn't always the only indicator of a good ICO investment. Always look at the founders, advisors, whitepaper, demand, and amount raised.

UnikoinGold is killing the game right now. Their market cap is 100 million I think.
Activity: 274
The simple answer is no. The market cap is irrelevant if a coin is worthless. It's a case of supply and demand, is market cap is low, but demand is high... Then yes it's a good thing. If cap is low, but no one wants it... Well thats unlikely to make a good investment, at least in the short term. Where demand is super high and cap relatively low, like bitcoin, it's a good thing for sure... But that's not always the case and it's never that straight forward
Activity: 840
Merit: 254
Low market cap just means the price is more easily swayed to either direction. For example, imagine if bill gates wants to invest 1 billion in amazon - no one is going to even notice the difference. But if he wants to put 1 billion in Ark, he'd be almost 5x'ing their market cap, everyone would go nuts fomo'ing, the price would skyrocket in a sec, etc.
Correct that means that a lower market cap is not better for investment, it is better for speculation, and in that game you can win or lose big depending on your skills or your luck, there are many people that have lost all their money while others have made a fortune in such coins.
Activity: 560
Merit: 111
Low market cap only shows that only few people are in it
Yes low marketcaps are a better chance to high profit but with high risk that projects fails. It's like gambling not investing.

Not realy, here is the typical altcoin scheme:

Most ICO was fake deal like this:

Pajeet make 100,000,000,000 coins.
Pajeet sell 1 coin for $1 to hes brother Pansun.
Now we have $100,000,000,000 capitalisation.
WOW!!!

Most altcoin investors have very low education.
This people dont have big money, but good promotion can make em buy huge overpriced scam, like ETH or LTC.
Activity: 150
Yes low marketcaps are a better chance to high profit but with high risk that projects fails. It's like gambling not investing.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 507
No, not really!

low market cap also shows that particular altcoin has nothing to offer and nobody cares about it. in other words there is no demand hence low price and as a result low market cap.

the picture you posted is also 100% irrelevant.
Thanks for this information. I also didn't quite understand what low market cap means.
Just explain the things here, low market cap means that the volume of transaction in the exchange of that coin is alternatively low, no one throw their btc or eth to buy this coin, therefore, the price can be manipulated by someone with big money called whale.
majority of this low market cap coin have such a low value per coin and if you multiply with the total supply, they'll have really low value in USD
Activity: 552
Merit: 500
Like said before, low market cap means bigger risk, but also bigger rewards. I prefer low cap coins since I love the feeling when altcoin makes 400% in 5 days with no problem. I have not seen this with btc for a looong time...
If you really like to investing into altcoin has low market cap, I suggest you invest into ICO token, it is better than altcoin cheap price on the market. Altcoin has masternode also a good choice, but how to find an altcoin before it active masternode is an issue Roll Eyes?
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Like said before, low market cap means bigger risk, but also bigger rewards. I prefer low cap coins since I love the feeling when altcoin makes 400% in 5 days with no problem. I have not seen this with btc for a looong time...
Pages:
Jump to: