Pages:
Author

Topic: So sick and tired of being afraid - page 2. (Read 2474 times)

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1013
December 24, 2013, 06:38:21 AM
Regarding exchanges, we can at least fix the case of operators stealing bitcoins.

http://bitcoinism.blogspot.com/2013/12/voting-pools-how-to-stop-plague-of.html
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Small Red and Bad
December 24, 2013, 06:32:34 AM
I'm affraid if they get hacked or have any other trouble we won't hear from them ever again. They will just disappear with whatever they manage to steal. What stops these guys from doing it now? Only the fact that BTC value increases so it's too early to close the business, but I feel they may run for it later on.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
December 24, 2013, 06:22:28 AM
The money involved with bitcoin is serious money and life changing money.  But lets take a look at the only services that are managing our money:

1) MTGOX -- an absolute joke, incompetent, nonchalant about everything, " OH, you have 500,000usd stuck on our site, oh well".

2) Coinbase -- not as incompetent as MTGOX, but even more dishonest and fraudulent and gets away with it for now, because they are the only service of its kind.  See this thread:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/psa-coinbasecom-is-a-fraud-341082

3) Bitcoin.org -- spelling errors, unsecure website, bitcoin qt problems, etc.  Why is the main bitcoin client so hard to use?  I have the best computer out there today and it is still unable to download the block chain without crashing something.  I mean all the founders have made millions from newbies and they can't hire someone to fix up the original website/software?

4) alternate clients-- multibit works sometimes, and other times there are bugs.  electrum relies on a server, and i've yet to use it.

5) All the other exchanges: bitstamp, bitfinex, etc.... they are offering good services, haven't screwed up royally like MTGOX or Coinbase yet, but they are still treading on thin ice.

For bitcoin to "make it", it has to go mainstream and be regulated.  But for it to go mainstream, that goes against its original intended purposes.  
Pages:
Jump to: