Pages:
Author

Topic: So traders, how much You lose? - page 9. (Read 2872 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010
ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀
November 30, 2019, 06:53:50 AM
I dont think there is any trader right now who havent lost at least part of his money to the volatility and manipulation of the market. People are more careful now and wont invest in anything as they were 2 years ago.
I have earned my crypto and traded. I guess I may have lost more than 30% of what I earned in these many years.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036
November 30, 2019, 05:12:01 AM
If its money that come out from my pocket, then I am happy to say that its zero, why? Because the money I spend in trading comes from my earnings here in this forum. However, Yes I lost money in trading, its not always that I gain profit when I trade, there are loses too, but it will not hurt my bank account.
Activity: 686
Merit: 257
November 30, 2019, 04:22:44 AM

This forum should have a special section about trading losses and people will post their loss and they will tell the specific steps why they are losing, i'm sure it will be a great topics because we can learn from each other

That's a good idea mate, that's what I want to know too, to learn from the mistakes of everyone for trading not only from their gains but also from their losses so that we can compare each other, we can share opinions, and we can analyze things. For traders, losing doesn't means you are failure, so don't give up and continue your passion and to inspire other people.
Activity: 938
Merit: 256
November 29, 2019, 09:50:46 PM
So Everybody like to talk about winning and profits.... But traders honestly how much You are losing?  Daily weekly Monthly? 

Im sure the Beginners lose coz of FOMO.

You're absolutely right. We've definitely fostered a culture in this community where we only talk about our wins. It would be interesting to see more people talking about their losses. Also give us a chance to learn from each other.

This forum should have a special section about trading losses and people will post their loss and they will tell the specific steps why they are losing, i'm sure it will be a great topics because we can learn from each other
Activity: 756
Merit: 252
November 29, 2019, 09:42:24 PM
There is no perfect trading setup that exist, it is a reality that all of the traders who experience loss. I know a lot of setups but still I keep losing in trading, but the loss that I experience is only small because of my good risk and management.
It can't be avoided that there's time you'll suffered from losses even you think that you already have a good knowledge about this market but shit happened especially once whales showed up and manipulates the market.

You are right, if you do have a good risk management the chance of losing a lot can be avoided. You can minimize  by cutting cutting your loses. Taking the risk and take your position out if you see that there's other opportunities to work with other projects.
Taking losses is inevitable, the question is if whatever losses that you are taking are justified within whatever strategy that you are using to trade the markets, let me explain myself, if you have a system that wins 80% of the time and you follow that system and you have several losses in a row but you never deviated from what your system told you should do then all of those losses are justified and you are just being unlucky, but if you began to follow your instincts and left behind a system that was that effective then those losses are unjustified.
Activity: 318
Merit: 10
crypto enthusiast
November 27, 2019, 09:52:36 AM
Everybody loses and it's not problem how much you lose but what you learn from the trade...
Activity: 1596
Merit: 264
November 27, 2019, 09:42:53 AM
So Everybody like to talk about winning and profits.... But traders honestly how much You are losing?  Daily weekly Monthly? 

You're absolutely right. We've definitely fostered a culture in this community where we only talk about our wins. It would be interesting to see more people talking about their losses. Also give us a chance to learn from each other.
That sounds like a great idea. Sharing loss experience will give everyone an opportunity to learn and grow as it is wise to learn from mistakes of others. It is not possible to never come across failure in career. So no one here is without such stories. Better is to share both experience as the success ones will tell which things to follow and failures guide through not to do stuff.

Well not most of the time especially when you're telling how did you do it. Pretty much newbies will attempt to reuse such strategies that  experts do in the end and it wouldn't be a great learning habit for them to be just told what to do. It would be a spoon-feeding for them. Maybe an inspiring story written from Trader's Journal would help them more.  Smiley
Activity: 742
Merit: 251
November 27, 2019, 09:32:46 AM

That sounds like a great idea. Sharing loss experience will give everyone an opportunity to learn and grow as it is wise to learn from mistakes of others. It is not possible to never come across failure in career. So no one here is without such stories. Better is to share both experience as the success ones will tell which things to follow and failures guide through not to do stuff.
Activity: 602
Merit: 8
November 26, 2019, 05:03:03 AM

legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 1514
November 24, 2019, 05:17:13 AM
Words of wisdom from the great Warren Buffett
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/14/warren-buffetts-rule-for-investing-during-the-financial-crisis.html

You don't lose anything until you sell your share. If you are down low, do not panic sell for a lose. Play the long game and sell for a profit.
Activity: 882
November 24, 2019, 04:38:49 AM
I once lost trading because I bought cheap coins which turned out to be the hype of coins that had trapped me, maybe I lost about 20% of all the capital I used. For that reason, understanding risk management in trading crypto is very important to avoid losses in trading.
Moreover, around 2018 when the rise of bitcoin many FOMOs lost their money because for fear of being late to buy.

20% percent loss in 2018 is really small when market is on the doomsday at that time, i was buying NXT for IGNIS airdrops back then and the price dropped more than 60% in minutes right after the airdrops and i'm one of the people who late to sell and hold it and wait for it's recover and it doesn't happen until right now, and the IGNIS price is also shits.
Hold NXT to get Ignis (correct me if i am wrong) that event really got a lot of people. Maybe only a few who get profit from it, and my friend is one of it. But he is not aim the Ignis reward but only wait people to buy NXT and then sell when he think he get profit. And the others, left with lose because price dumped very much when people expect goof price of it.  Grin
such a system to raise prices is really ineffective, even when I buy NXT to get IGNIS and then NXT goes down, so is IGNIS, the value is certainly not greater than NXT, moreover getting 1:0.5 ratio is very detrimental, if calculated in the end, we lose.
Activity: 1932
Merit: 504
November 24, 2019, 04:07:09 AM
I once lost trading because I bought cheap coins which turned out to be the hype of coins that had trapped me, maybe I lost about 20% of all the capital I used. For that reason, understanding risk management in trading crypto is very important to avoid losses in trading.
Moreover, around 2018 when the rise of bitcoin many FOMOs lost their money because for fear of being late to buy.

20% percent loss in 2018 is really small when market is on the doomsday at that time, i was buying NXT for IGNIS airdrops back then and the price dropped more than 60% in minutes right after the airdrops and i'm one of the people who late to sell and hold it and wait for it's recover and it doesn't happen until right now, and the IGNIS price is also shits.
Hold NXT to get Ignis (correct me if i am wrong) that event really got a lot of people. Maybe only a few who get profit from it, and my friend is one of it. But he is not aim the Ignis reward but only wait people to buy NXT and then sell when he think he get profit. And the others, left with lose because price dumped very much when people expect goof price of it.  Grin
Activity: 784
https://raiser.network
November 24, 2019, 03:40:49 AM
There is no perfect trading setup that exist, it is a reality that all of the traders who experience loss. I know a lot of setups but still I keep losing in trading, but the loss that I experience is only small because of my good risk and management.

With the knowledge you have you can manage your losses unlike others that lost a huge amount of funds because of lack of information and didn't follow the rules of trading that need to know the signs and the flow of the market before risking the funds they own. so good at you that know the trading setup even there are no perfection on it. experience is also needed when in time that you want to involve in trading.
Activity: 980
November 24, 2019, 03:17:55 AM

Activity: 1638
Merit: 255
November 24, 2019, 03:00:25 AM
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028
November 24, 2019, 12:28:37 AM
It can't be avoided that there's time you'll suffered from losses even you think that you already have a good knowledge about this market but shit happened especially once whales showed up and manipulates the market.

You are right, if you do have a good risk management the chance of losing a lot can be avoided. You can minimize  by cutting cutting your loses. Taking the risk and take your position out if you see that there's other opportunities to work with other projects.
Activity: 952
Merit: 274
November 24, 2019, 12:07:45 AM
Activity: 756
November 23, 2019, 11:54:23 PM

I lost a lot  Cry  I lost because of being undisciplined and not in focus, and most of all I hate using stop loss.
I know that I should know better now but I don't know why I'm very naive so I paused in trading for now.

This is the right decision, when you have lost so much money what you need to do is to take a break and begin to try to find why this happened, in your case it seems you have everything very clear, you were undisciplined with your trading and you refused to use a stop loss, one of those mistakes on their own will not be as bad but the two together were critical, from now on if you do not want to lose more money never forget how much it cost you to learn this lesson and never do this again.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
November 23, 2019, 02:14:28 PM
Most traders about 99% lose money and maybe 1% or even less than 1% are the ones making a profit. If you want you can see my thread on Bitcointalk located at ,
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/whales-keep-getting-richer-and-richer-while-everybody-else-is-losing-5203945

Which basically discusses how in the last 7 days the whales made over >100 BTC while most traders ended up getting liquidated.

If a whale makes 1 BTC most likely its 1 whale which takes about 0.01BTC from the smaller traders. This is not only common in Crypto its very common in the stock markets too.

I know many friends who only long stocks and its been a crazy stock market for the last 10 years and yet they haven't made a dime, why? Because its the instituional traders which take their profits. Even blue chips stocks like Amazon, Facebook, Apple, have periods of huge drawdowns which makes most traders crack under pressure and they sell at a loss while the large banks end up buying their stocks cheap.

Trading is not easy if it was then everybody would be doing it instead of working full time somewhere.
Activity: 1386
Merit: 503
November 23, 2019, 01:38:34 PM
If we talk about lose, I think many of crypto users specially newbies can be relate about this topic. In my own experience if you ask how much I lose it is huge. In my first year of trading I lose as much $800 aside from the income from my bounty so we can say that my lose hit up to $1000. But as a business minded I won't look at my lose but opportunity and learning is always on my mind.
Not only newbie, even professional traders can sometimes experience losses too. And yes, from the experience of losses we can learn and be able to inspect ourselves when trading the next day so as not to lose again, you are absolutely right.

if I look back, I also suffered a large number of losses on trading in early 2018, capital was 0.8 btc and lost around 0.4 btc (I forgot how many dollars at that time), this was due to trading on the erc20 token  Cry
Pages:
Jump to: