Pages:
Author

Topic: So what is going on with Mt.Gox -> Dwolla. - page 2. (Read 6093 times)

donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
Well don't make the idiotic mistake I did.  After Dwolla was delayed 7 days (plus 2 more to bank) I said well I should just pay the higher fee and go with the speed of an international wire.   

Mt.Gox International Wire = just as slow as Dwolla but they charge you 50x as much. Sad 
Activity: 956
Merit: 1001
Alright, so let cut to the chase.

I assume we are all in this thread because our money (USD) is currently frozen, right? Lets talk other options from getting money from MtGox to our bank accounts (and vice versa). Does Liberty Reserve do the same thing Dwolla can do? Prices/Fees? Wait time? Is there another proxy we can use until Dwolla is back online?

Working on it.

MtGox Dwolla Delays- It's a mixture of them not having enough USD in their American accounts to cover Dwolla / The week long Japanese holiday / Uptake in withdrawals via Dwolla / Dwolla imposing new limits and difficulties for merchants / Not sure what else.

The fact of the matter, right now, withdrawals are still being processed- even if it's taking 2 weeks or so. Hopefully the delays will thin out over the next few weeks.

wasn't that holiday the first week of April?
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas
Agree, but that 5% fee is pretty steep for a new guy to swallow... why pay 5% for this when paypal is "free" kind of thing. I'm not knocking the suggestion, it's just that this guy wants to see how it works - he wont even let me sell him any Bitcoins... so for an introduction to bitcoin, this is complete garbage now. I can't even imagine what a total noob would do on their own trying figure it out on their own these days.

rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
I'm trying to walk my coworker through signing up at dwolla and mtgox so he can buy some bitcoins... I gotta say, this process is a huge bucket of shit.
Use Bitinstant with some cash!
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas
I'm trying to walk my coworker through signing up at dwolla and mtgox so he can buy some bitcoins... I gotta say, this process is a huge bucket of shit.
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
I received mine today the 14th. It was sent on the 8th.
Ah, just noticed that MtGox customer support replied back to me, and I quote:
Mt.Gox Support, May 10 10:57 (JST):
Hello X,

Unfortunately, due to huge volumes of Dwolla withdrawals, we are unable to complete your withdrawal at the moment and it would take up to 6 business days for the transfer to be processed. Our apologies for the delay and inconvenience caused.

Thanks,
MtGox.com Team

I got the same answer also. They offered to cancel it if I wanted. I hope they get this worked out soon.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
I had to wait 7 weeks before I received funds from Mtgox.  I initiated a wire which was rejected by their bank 2 weeks later.  Mtgox asked me to make the same transfer again and it would be processed.  I did.  2 weeks later the second wire xfer was rejected by their bank.  I was asked to open a new local bank account, which I did.  I then initiated a 3rd bank wire.  The funds hit my account yesterday, 12 days after the 3rd wire xfer.  I was also told I was at fault for not knowing their policy.

Alternatively, on Monday I made a Western Union transfer from spendbitcoins and the transfer was processed on the same day.
Activity: 838
Merit: 501
5 days for me to get the transfer done.  MT.Gox Customer service always promptly replied to my questions.
Activity: 63
I transferred $750 Monday evening and it still hasn't shown up in my Dwolla account.

Anyone know what the current delay time is?
Ah, just noticed that MtGox customer support replied back to me, and I quote:
Mt.Gox Support, May 10 10:57 (JST):
Hello X,

Unfortunately, due to huge volumes of Dwolla withdrawals, we are unable to complete your withdrawal at the moment and it would take up to 6 business days for the transfer to be processed. Our apologies for the delay and inconvenience caused.

Thanks,
MtGox.com Team
Activity: 63
I transferred $750 Monday evening and it still hasn't shown up in my Dwolla account.

Anyone know what the current delay time is?

donator
Gerald Davis
Not sure if there is any faster method but if you contact Mt.Gox and ask them to cancel it they will and return the funds to your account.
I wish I had seen this first. I sent Dwolla 1k the other day to use for my daughters B-Day in a few days. They have always been extremely quick for me. MT.GOX to Dwolla in a few hours and to my bank in 1 business day.I hope this is temporary or else i will be forced to see what else is available.
donator
Gerald Davis
Thanks.  Maybe need to look into that.
If nothing else I think I need to spread my volume around to other exchanges.

Cryptoxchange also looks decent but I dislike how they call $5 + 0.6% a "flat $5" transfer.  Sad  That wouldn't be my definition of "flat".

I just sent a small wire from Mt.Gox as a test.  Looks like it is $25 (2000Y) fee plus my bank fee ($16) + any interim bank fees.  Wonder how much I will be burned.  $41 total isn't too bad on $10K but if the interim fees double that well it starts to get prohibitive real quick.
Activity: 117
Mining since difficulty 157,426 !
I don't know if it's any "best alternative" but I've been using Intersango>Dwolla lately and it's been working very well.
Withdraws to Dwolla are near instant and then it's been taking approx 24hrs to reach my bank account from Dwolla.
All my transactions are kept under 1K and Dwolla has never required me to link with any "social" crap either but I think that has more to do with deposits than withdrawals.
Just my experience.

Grin Grin
Activity: 284
Merit: 251
I have noticed longer and longer times as well.  This is a little scary since these transactions are the heart of my business.  I would hate to think I have thousands of dollars trapped in Mt.Gox.  What is the best alternative?
donator
Gerald Davis
Ok my tx finally went through today.  It only took 6 days (plus another estimated 3 to hit my bank account).  So I guess Dwolla is now slightly slower than mailing a physical check but still works. Sad

Activity: 71
same here, used to the 1-2 hours max to deposit to dwolla and than a 3 week delay but team mtgox may it all right I guess..... three weeks later but I'm just happy they did
donator
Activity: 980
Merit: 1004
felonious vagrancy, personified
Activity: 383
Merit: 250
Requested Withdrawal on the 1st (Tuesday) and it is now the 8th (Tuesday). Still no funds Dwolla side yet.  Huh

OK, xfer finally went through.
Pages:
Jump to: