Pages:
Author

Topic: So Whats the Difference when you use BTC? - page 4. (Read 3334 times)

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
August 26, 2015, 06:22:10 AM
One big thing I can think of is that every time you use a credit/debit card, a transaction fee goes to a big bank/payment processor.  With btc, it goes to a miner.

Other than that, how does it benefit you to use btc?  I mean you need fiat to get btc, and then usually need to take fiat out.  So where is the net benefit besides the fees being lost by the big banks/payment companies?

for me the best benefit that bitcoin offers is the fact that i can transfer a large amount of money in form of bitcoin super fast and with the minimum amount of fees. and on top of that it can be most secure way with a little effort.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
August 26, 2015, 05:43:17 AM
It is faster than a bank transfer of course..and you don`t pay anything Cool
I also think that when the transaction will take the fee, but the fee are small Smiley ,,and the best is faster transaction
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
August 26, 2015, 05:22:16 AM
It is faster than a bank transfer of course..and you don`t pay anything Cool
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
August 26, 2015, 05:15:58 AM
I started using Bitcoin because I was the victim of credit card theft twise on the internet. I wanted a payment method with more security.

Bitcoin make it possible for me to buy something online, without having to release all my information to a external entity, that might or might not lose the information to hackers or have one of their employees

steal the information and buy rubbish with my money.

Now I use Bitcoin with my hardware wallet {Trezor} and I feel more comfortable spending money online. { I can chose how much money, I have in that wallet...not how much money the bank wants to give to me on credit}

Bitcoin give me complete control over my own finances.  Grin
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
August 26, 2015, 05:04:20 AM
I think that is different is the way to get it, bitcoin is very easy to use and very easy to get,, that's what makes it different
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.
August 17, 2015, 04:19:00 PM
One big thing I can think of is that every time you use a credit/debit card, a transaction fee goes to a big bank/payment processor.  With btc, it goes to a miner.

Other than that, how does it benefit you to use btc?  I mean you need fiat to get btc, and then usually need to take fiat out.  So where is the net benefit besides the fees being lost by the big banks/payment companies?

The benefit I have while I hold and use bitcoin is to not be controlled by the banks. You don't need fiat for bitcoin if you have a service/business that pays you bitcoin, also why cash in bitcoin for worthless paper?

We should have all only invested what we could afford so there really should be no need to be withdrawing to fiat. Especially at this low ass price. I will stay being in control of my own savings and not some thieving manager at the bank, "and its gone"
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
August 17, 2015, 04:18:06 PM
It's just a slow process.
Companies are starting to keep Bitcoin, paying wages in Bitcoin paying suppliers with Bitcoin. There will be more companies doing that eventually.

What we have now, is not the optimum, but such a process takes time.

One current personal benefit for me: A discount on Amazon purchases via purse.
Activity: 854
Merit: 658
rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt
August 17, 2015, 04:10:31 PM
It's anonymous, for the most part. It's quick and easy. I feel much more fully in control of my money.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
August 17, 2015, 04:09:42 PM
I mean you need fiat to get btc, and then usually need to take fiat out.

Nope.
Activity: 798
Move On !!!!!!
August 17, 2015, 04:08:15 PM
One big thing I can think of is that every time you use a credit/debit card, a transaction fee goes to a big bank/payment processor.  With btc, it goes to a miner.

Other than that, how does it benefit you to use btc?  I mean you need fiat to get btc, and then usually need to take fiat out.  So where is the net benefit besides the fees being lost by the big banks/payment companies?
You are being short-sighted here, it's not all about the payments as a currency for buying stuff. It's also about financial freedom, it's about having your money when you want it and spending it where you want it and not about capital controls that have hit Greece for example. And also it's about not having to answer to the questions, why are you withdrawing your money from your bank account!  

It's also about financial transparency and not about printing dollars when you feel like it. It's about time, try sending a wire transfer form France to US for example. It's about cost, how much will bank charge you for that bank transfer.

It's about many things!
Activity: 490
August 17, 2015, 04:08:01 PM

Well there are some factors that make a difference. For example bitcoin does't need any ID verification in order to create a wallet, try to open a bank account or a visa credit without giving private information. With bitcoin you just load your wallet with coins and pay.
Activity: 742
August 17, 2015, 12:17:19 PM
to me the difference when i use bitcoin is,iam not afraid anymore for transaction on internet because before i using bitcoin i was used paypal and i was very scared if someday my paypal get limited
and then i start using bitcoin,i can transaction safely and no worry about my money get limited by the company,thank you mr satoshi
Activity: 1582
Merit: 502
August 17, 2015, 11:53:28 AM
Personally, I use it because I am in control of my finances.
You have no idea in how many ways a bank can rip you off just by doing a transaction using a VISA.

Example: Your currency is Euro, you want to buy something in GBP.
You will pay the transactions fees, plus whatever it is the rate your bank sells GBP for.
And believe me it's quite a bit of money just from that transaction.
Oh, and I forgot to mention that they will make that EURO/GBP exchange a few days later when the GBP is higher,
regardless of the fact that you (think you) paid for it a week ago when GBP was .80 EUR and they charged you .90 EUR.

Apart from that, the same rule applies as it does with Bitcoin.
If you are not the holder of your private keys you are not the owner.
Let's not forget the "haircuts" and whatever they can do and get away with it.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015
August 17, 2015, 11:13:36 AM
When I start using bitcoin instead fiat, I feel more untraceable and more efficient.
Also bitcoin's fee is cheaper because I'm often to send payment to Bangkok for my brother that college there.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
August 17, 2015, 11:12:49 AM
you don't need fiat to have btc, i never bought any of my btc, all earned through good old mining day and signature, even today you can earn a good amount via signature campaign

so there is a big gain in privacy/anonimity, fee and time, no one will know how many coins you're holding, and aside form this i find more confortable to use bitcoin than putting sensitive info like cvv in a suspicious site

Well, the vast majority of people has to buy bitcoin if they want bitcoin...

yeah i know, for those people there isn't much to do besides waiting for when the wage will be payed directly with bitcoin, for now they can see more, bitcoin, as a speculation and less as a currency
Activity: 560
August 17, 2015, 11:05:26 AM
you don't need fiat to have btc, i never bought any of my btc, all earned through good old mining day and signature, even today you can earn a good amount via signature campaign

so there is a big gain in privacy/anonimity, fee and time, no one will know how many coins you're holding, and aside form this i find more confortable to use bitcoin than putting sensitive info like cvv in a suspicious site

thats kind of what I'm getting at...where is the net benefit if you NEED fiat to aquire btc, and eventually will just be exiting with fiat, whether it's because you were just speculating in the first place or just need fiat for something else.

If it all just goes back to fiat, then were is the benefit?  I know some have said billions could be saved in opayment processing fees, but currently that numbers got  to be WAY less than that, and the electricity consumed by miners is, at the end of the day, paid for in fiat, which goes to large billion dollar electricity companies (mostly).
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
August 17, 2015, 10:59:54 AM

legendary
Activity: 1386
English <-> Portuguese translations
August 17, 2015, 10:58:28 AM
To me BTC is nice to buy anything that isn't in my local currency.
The local government has a lot of laws and taxes for buying something with your CC to buy, let's say, in USD.
So, I avoid paying the annually fee from having a international CC and avoid the ridicously fees that my non-sense government set.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
August 17, 2015, 10:54:32 AM

Activity: 366
August 17, 2015, 10:49:42 AM

Not always. You can earn bitcoins in various ways or sell/trade something for them. I think using bitcoin is just a great way to buck the current system and use something that s truly decentralized. "Be the change you wish to see in the world". Hopefully one day we'll be able to spend bitcoins around the world just like we would use cash.
Pages:
Jump to: