Pages:
Author

Topic: So where are the GPU miners going next? - page 2. (Read 690 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 115
February 20, 2018, 12:36:03 PM
All this fud around GPU mining is meritless imo.  Developers will just create new algorithms, because they don't like ASICs on the network, and we will mine them.
Activity: 630
Merit: 10
In BTCz we trust. Organic slow growth.
February 20, 2018, 12:26:30 PM
I dont know if I beleive any ASIC is going to come around for ASIC-resistant coins and if so they will be similar architecture to current GPU's and only be a little cheaper per hash.

That is not true. They said the same about Scrypt. Go look at all those thousands of posts back in late 2013 about how Scrypt is ASIC impposisble until someone made it.

But that's not the point.

The point is all GPU Miners pushed into the limited number of coins left to mine with GPU, then increasing the hashrate and lowering profits. Unfortunately some always convert to BTC which means for many coins it is a downward spiral in value as new coins are minted daily and sold against the limited number of buyers that cant keep up.

What we need is a continuous stream of new coins, specially good coins (no premine, no dev tax, no instamine, no 100% premine ICO, no closed source miner, no closed source wallet, etc) which for now only very few coins meet that criteria such as BTC (original SHA256 but has some instamine about 1M BTC in some wallet for Mr. Nakamoto), LTC (original Scrypt, but has some instamine) and BTCZ (the only one in Equihash).
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1403
February 19, 2018, 04:49:23 PM
Equihash is going to Asic?
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
February 19, 2018, 04:38:16 PM
Do you have more than rumors that an ASIC will be available to mine Equihash soon?
Activity: 3
February 19, 2018, 04:06:12 PM
with the dosomeresearch coin you can still do 5$/card or more, i give a fuck about

Cool smart boy. I did all search possible for me and i cannot find that profitability. Maybe you can be the guru and teach us smart boy
Activity: 19
February 19, 2018, 03:21:19 PM
with the dosomeresearch coin you can still do 5$/card or more, i give a fuck about

I'd say asking questions is part of research. Being a smartass is always so "productive"...
Activity: 364
Merit: 106
ONe Social Network.
February 19, 2018, 03:11:03 PM
Activity: 630
Merit: 10
In BTCz we trust. Organic slow growth.
February 19, 2018, 03:09:06 PM
I am wondering with all the ASICs entering the market, the GPU miners are getting pushed into a small corner of a new coins. The best coin so far has been BTCZ for me since its hidden on coinmarketcap and it has remained the most profitable. But even that is not making nearly as much as a month ago.

I think what we need is a lot more new coins to spread the existing GPU power hashrate. But we don't have enough developers copy/pasting/fabricating new coins. What can we do to change this?

So

ASICs killed:

SHA256
Blake256R14
Blake256R8
Blake2B
Lbry
Pascal
Quark
Qubit
Myriad-Groestl
Groestl
Skein
LTC
X11
Ethash (Bitmain F3 is around the corner)
CryptoNight and CryptoNight Light (Baikal Giant N)

Whats left for GPU miners?

Equihash (its a matter of time before an ASIC is out)
NeoScrypt
Xevan
Lyra2z
Skunkhash
Tribus
Timetravel10
NIST5
Lyra2v2
YescryptR16

So here we go. Any devs want to create more coins that we can mine and make $5/GPU/day again like we did back in January 2018? (I mean besides BTCZ, thats a HODL coin)

Pages:
Jump to: