Pages:
Author

Topic: So, who hasn't lost coins or been scammed? - page 4. (Read 22303 times)

Activity: 89
Merit: 10
Not me. I lost either $100 in the postal service or 140 odd BTC in a scam called bitcoin4cash.com, take your pick. What a welcoming way for my first Bitcoin transaction to go, way back in April. I tried contacting the guy, the only solution he could come up with was effectively "wait for it...wait for it..." until the order got "cancelled" by an "automated system" and he started ignoring my mail. It would have been worth resending for me, but how can I resend to a guy like that? I believe his alias is "Mad Hatter" on the forum.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015
Never been scammed, never lost a coin, I have GIVEN coins to friends, and they have lost them carelessly never bothering to do their research and backing everything up properly lol... Lesson to be learned is don't give any Bitcoins to your friend unless they are giving you money Smiley.
Activity: 189
Merit: 101
I've never lost 1 bitcoin yet.  (knock on fake wal mart wood desk)

knock off wal-mart desk? tsk tsk them walmart cops are gonna be after ya Wink j/k
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1023
Democracy is the original 51% attack
August 04, 2011, 01:31:52 AM
Haven't been scammed yet - but that's because I moved coins out of MyBitcoin after numerous sketchy postings about it's reliability.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
August 04, 2011, 01:30:04 AM
I've never lost 1 bitcoin yet.  (knock on fake wal mart wood desk)
N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010
August 04, 2011, 12:49:39 AM
Haven’t lost any since February or so, when I lost ~30 BTC to a virus. I’m glad I learnt my lesson early and with little loss of money (at the time 30 USD).
Activity: 364
Merit: 251
August 04, 2011, 12:41:47 AM
I believe in the 5 P's. Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance. Or, in this case: Proper Preparation Prevents Pirates from Plundering. Although I did lose the .02 I sent to my original MyBitcoin account to test their service!

If bitcoins ever go up to $1 Million per coin, i'll bump your post here for us to laugh at. That's make your lose at about $20,000, correct?
Activity: 322
August 04, 2011, 12:37:39 AM
I believe in the 5 P's. Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance. Or, in this case: Proper Preparation Prevents Pirates from Plundering. Although I did lose the .02 I sent to my original MyBitcoin account to test their service!
Activity: 189
Merit: 101
August 04, 2011, 12:33:08 AM
This stuff is getting ridiculous. In this thread we all congratulate ourselves and laugh from our high horses.

Let the circlejerk begin!

I wish I had... don't care for the idea of a circlejerk.

To be fair... you can't really loose what you don't have... I have generated only a few coin using my minimal setup.

In fact the whole bitcoin thing was an elaborate excuse for me to get a new graphics card... so Huzza!

legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin
August 04, 2011, 12:31:23 AM
Everytime I loose coins my nuts shrink.. Undecided

Activity: 364
August 04, 2011, 12:30:12 AM
I'm in! I win! So Far So Good!   Grin Grin Grin

Got in after Mt Gox debacle, got Dwolla in before closing gate to tradehill, got bitcoins transferred safely. Well, not all of them. But so far, so good.

I never considered for a second anything as dumb as placing my coins with Mybitcoin. (Sorry Bruce)
Never desposited more than a few hundred at a time, either. Did not get them for the best price, but not the worst either. I would say i'm still winning.

Activity: 83
Merit: 10
August 04, 2011, 12:27:33 AM
This stuff is getting ridiculous. In this thread we all congratulate ourselves and laugh from our high horses.

Let the circlejerk begin!
Pages:
Jump to: