Pages:
Author

Topic: Social Gambling Platform? - page 2. (Read 159 times)

legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1885
Metawin.com
November 29, 2021, 02:31:24 PM
What do you think about this idea?
Would it fail? Or would it succeed?? Would you ever use it ?
The article didn't give enough description, to me, it sounds like just another fantasy sports platform, and knowing the UK has a lot of fantasy players I think they'll succeed.

I wouldn't use their site though, don't get me wrong I enjoy fantasy sports once in a while but participating regularly is too much for me.
Activity: 2212
Merit: 786
November 29, 2021, 02:20:19 PM

I have high hopes for this and I do believe that this will succeed.

Based from my observations, I think most gambling platforms lack the idea of having to socialize with another people who gamble on the website. I do think that it was implemented to avoid any toxic discussions but being able to discuss freely your experiences with others can lighten up the mood. I do think that most gambling websites should apply this kind of socialization- hiring moderators to regulate the discussion if ever it goes out of hand.

Personally, I would attempt to use it just for the sake of experiencing this kind of implementation.
copper member
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305
Limited in number. Limitless in potential.
November 29, 2021, 02:18:28 PM
It's actually a "social gaming platform", not gambling, but considering it has betting (sports betting) on it, I guess it will still fall in gambling category.

Now, if it really acquire such amount on its seed funding and get executive members from different platform as investors, which means there are people who are interested on such platform. I guess we can give it a try.
Activity: 1862
Merit: 830
November 29, 2021, 02:02:32 PM
Apparently now we are going to have something called a Social Gambling Platform. It have already secured a lot of funds apparently 2.6 million Euros already. The platform will have interactions not just between sports betting, money but at the same time the players would be able to challenge each other.

It was based on the concept of mini leagues as formed by friends therefore this platform is just going to take those things on a bigger level.

It would have real time data feeds by pickguru as well.
The platform is powered by real-time data feeds which PickGuru’s leaderboards update as the game progresses. PickGuru began as a manual spreadsheet-based tipping competition that was shared with friends and colleagues during the 2020 Masters tournament. The game spread across the UK becoming a “viral sensation” that brought sports fanatics together.

They said it would be fantasy sports + gaming+ live action all together.

It's all set to launch the funding ground in 2020.

https://www.gamblinginsider.com/news/14029/social-gaming-platform-pickguru-secures-26m-in-funding
Pages:
Jump to: