Pages:
Author

Topic: Social Ranking System in China - page 2. (Read 179 times)

Activity: 2800
Merit: 595
https://www.betcoin.ag
April 27, 2023, 01:59:30 PM
Helping the poor and committing heroic act gets you some points based on that image. So this also means I could get a low social ranking even if I'm not doing anything illegal. if I only care about my source of living and pretty much ignore everything that's happening around me then no points for me huh? It looks like this is not a place for minding my own business. Voluntarism would be removed in this kind of environment since everyone is expecting some reward for their actions.

Praising the Government on social media are plus points too? hehehe.

That's about right. If you hear something that isn't right, you gotta stick your nose to find out and earn credits.

This is where you will be paranoid all the time if someone around your family going to snitch on what you are doing. You just gotta do things right. This is why the bad seeds are going abroad to commit crimes outside China because if they commit crimes in the mainland, they'd get zero or worse fed to a dog.  A real penalty which I guess is what people need to be disciplined.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561
April 27, 2023, 01:52:01 PM
It's pathetic and almost comical that they put online cheating at the bottom of all this, like that is the worst thing in society - not drugs, or domestic abuse, or any numerous other crimes.

I'm guessing the list of credit-reducing offenses is not exhaustive and probably only mentions things that are not already criminalised under normal laws. I can't imagine that common criminals would not have their ratings reduced.
Or maybe the wording was just a choice of whoever designed that graphic.

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1192
April 27, 2023, 01:40:50 PM
Key Takeaways

1. The goal of the China social credit system is to provide a holistic assessment of an individual’s, or a company’s, trustworthiness.

2. The China social credit system, while still in development, is arguably an extension of existing social rankings and ratings in China which have existed for millennia.

3. The consequences of a poor social credit score could be serious. It may affect travel prospects, employment, access to finance, and the ability to enter into contracts. On the other hand, a positive credit score could make a range of business transactions much easier.

4. It is essential that any foreign business consolidating or establishing their presence in China seek professional advice for managing a social credit score. This applies both to individual scores, and the corporate social credit score.

___
Do you think this is a good system for managing people so that good people get more benefits at the expense of bad people.

The mid point trap door and description for it highlights the real reason behind this. It's all about absolute political control and coercion. A dystopian society where you cannot criticize the leaders of your country, even if they are completely incompetent and leading your people to self destruction. The good news it such societal controls ultimately lead to self destruction of the political elite, the bad news is it can take a while to happen and nobody knows what will be the final straw that breaks it. It's pathetic and almost comical that they put online cheating at the bottom of all this, like that is the worst thing in society - not drugs, or domestic abuse, or any numerous other crimes.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561
April 27, 2023, 01:30:26 PM

Thanks for sharing. I didn't realise they actually had benefits for having high scores. I thought it was just a stick with no carrot.
You have to admit, that's a pretty effective way of controlling the population. Some silver-lining is that it's probably less harsh on the disobedient people than the "traditional" methods of jail, labour camps and torture, although they probably still use those too.

I wonder how much time we have left before similar systems are implemented in the West. The messed up part is, that after a while everyone would get used to it and consider it as the new normal.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 4368
April 27, 2023, 10:57:30 AM
Helping the poor and committing heroic act gets you some points based on that image. So this also means I could get a low social ranking even if I'm not doing anything illegal. if I only care about my source of living and pretty much ignore everything that's happening around me then no points for me huh? It looks like this is not a place for minding my own business. Voluntarism would be removed in this kind of environment since everyone is expecting some reward for their actions.

Any system can be hacked if you understand how it works. I read that this system collects more than 140 indicators and makes its own calculations based on them. And this system is gradually being introduced in large cities, then in small ones. On the one hand, this system can train the population, but on the other hand, it can force citizens to be more law-abiding.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 412
April 27, 2023, 10:42:14 AM

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 4368
April 27, 2023, 09:45:12 AM
https://nhglobalpartners.com/china-social-credit-system-explained/

Key Takeaways

1. The goal of the China social credit system is to provide a holistic assessment of an individual’s, or a company’s, trustworthiness.

2. The China social credit system, while still in development, is arguably an extension of existing social rankings and ratings in China which have existed for millennia.

3. The consequences of a poor social credit score could be serious. It may affect travel prospects, employment, access to finance, and the ability to enter into contracts. On the other hand, a positive credit score could make a range of business transactions much easier.

4. It is essential that any foreign business consolidating or establishing their presence in China seek professional advice for managing a social credit score. This applies both to individual scores, and the corporate social credit score.

__

China banned millions of people with poor social credit from transportation in 2018
https://www.theverge.com/2019/3/1/18246297/china-transportation-people-banned-poor-social-credit-planes-trains-2018

___
Do you think this is a good system for managing people so that good people get more benefits at the expense of bad people.
Pages:
Jump to: