Pages:
Author

Topic: Solar mining vs diesel generator mining ? Any experience? - page 2. (Read 403 times)

copper member
Activity: 2128
Merit: 979
Part of AOBT - English Translator to Indonesia
Yeah, is safer to buy coins than to actually mine them right now.

About diesel generator, it does around 8kwh with 2.4 litres, things you should consider, it's noisy, heavy and dangerous, it could explode if you dont know how to properly handle it. USA electricity going on rate is $0.10 per kwh, so to get 8 kw from the grid you need $0.80, to get the same from a diesel generator, you need 2.4 litres of diesel which in turn tell us that, you need to pay $0.25 cents of dollar or less per litre of diesel to be better than the USA electricity going on rate.

Solar electricity is just too expensive for a short term, you need to go to a very long term to actually break even hehe

Yes indeed

But using diesel generator is risky and when u using 24 hours maybe there's problem will come from the perspective of price, diesel are the winner. But you need to considering lot off factor like replace the oil and some part that need to check regulary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
Yeah, is safer to buy coins than to actually mine them right now.

About diesel generator, it does around 8kwh with 2.4 litres, things you should consider, it's noisy, heavy and dangerous, it could explode if you dont know how to properly handle it. USA electricity going on rate is $0.10 per kwh, so to get 8 kw from the grid you need $0.80, to get the same from a diesel generator, you need 2.4 litres of diesel which in turn tell us that, you need to pay $0.25 cents of dollar or less per litre of diesel to be better than the USA electricity going on rate.

Solar electricity is just too expensive for a short term, you need to go to a very long term to actually break even hehe
Activity: 124
Merit: 2
what coins are you interested in?
some coins you cant even mine and are forced to buy.
that or you swap them for ones you can mine.
Activity: 196
Merit: 12
Would it be more safer to buy coins instead of mining? After calculating the costs of buying cards and setting up solar panels with batteries and inverter i see that costs are too gigantic if one plan to run cards for 24 hrs everyday, is anyone mining using diesel generator? Bad idea?
Pages:
Jump to: