Pages:
Author

Topic: SolarTeslaMiner - page 2. (Read 3588 times)

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004
June 17, 2015, 11:25:20 PM
Hey

This is a super idea!  Grin  I will for sure try to help you as much as I can.
I will checkfor donations!

Will follow this project for sure!
Activity: 721
Merit: 504
June 17, 2015, 10:30:38 PM
Hi,
Where are you at on this project. How many panels per 1 tesla 7kwh power wall. Or is per antminer say 1 S5. Looks like 2panels at 266watts right. Oh no just read  on Bloomberg that the tesla battery doesn't do to well with solar. Still thought I think it was just the government regulation that a small time electrician wouldn't know.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-05-06/tesla-s-new-battery-doesn-t-work-that-well-with-solar
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
May 28, 2015, 05:25:21 AM
Woah that is a cool project.  I suggest that you don't worry too much about breaking even.  There is a lot of talk about the next gen of miners that are suppose to be coming out sometime in the near future.  They should be more efficient than the s5, so you may want to start by getting the solar panels set up and see if new hardware comes out.

Also a with a novel project like this you may be able to get a manufacturer involved.  Try contacting them, they might provide you with hardware at a discount.  Who knows, they might work with you.  This could make a really interesting promotion for the next gen of hardware.

Thank for your positive vibe , and yes I contacted them already but no reply yet

then stay with your current s5, they are the best in terms of efficiency, also with one 1500 corsair psu you can power two s5 very well not so much with a s4, it would be too tight(1400 needed vs 1500), it would stress too much the psu

No specifications found about power outlet of the powerwall so bit in dark about that, so didn't look in specific psu but I take note of what you said, thanks

Ps To moderator why you put my post in sub catogory , this isn't speculation , I found previous attempt with car battery http://gwl-power.tumblr.com/ what is basicly the same, only cause of new technology I think this can be done more easy so private home owners could have total grid free electrical power payed back in less then two year if that is the goal no other setup is payed back as fast, but this can be applied to bigger companys 

legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
May 27, 2015, 09:12:57 AM
there is only antminer s4 which is not exactly the best, it's a bit worse than a s5, but seeing how 1 can do more tera hash, it is better for density, in theory you can fit more hash power in the same room with those

Thanks reply , cause I want closed circuit the power efficiency is importend

S4 has Power Efficiency: 0.58 J/GH (at the wall)

S5 has Power Efficiency: 0.51 J/GH (at the wall) batch 5

or is that irrelevant ?

I actually was referring to the s5 batch 6 where I can only find the bulk price atm

then stay with your current s5, they are the best in terms of efficiency, also with one 1500 corsair psu you can power two s5 very well not so much with a s4, it would be too tight(1400 needed vs 1500), it would stress too much the psu
Activity: 378
Merit: 257
May 27, 2015, 08:35:34 AM
Woah that is a cool project.  I suggest that you don't worry too much about breaking even.  There is a lot of talk about the next gen of miners that are suppose to be coming out sometime in the near future.  They should be more efficient than the s5, so you may want to start by getting the solar panels set up and see if new hardware comes out.

Also a with a novel project like this you may be able to get a manufacturer involved.  Try contacting them, they might provide you with hardware at a discount.  Who knows, they might work with you.  This could make a really interesting promotion for the next gen of hardware.
May 27, 2015, 08:08:07 AM
there is only antminer s4 which is not exactly the best, it's a bit worse than a s5, but seeing how 1 can do more tera hash, it is better for density, in theory you can fit more hash power in the same room with those

Thanks reply , cause I want closed circuit the power efficiency is importend

S4 has Power Efficiency: 0.58 J/GH (at the wall)

S5 has Power Efficiency: 0.51 J/GH (at the wall) batch 5

or is that irrelevant ?

I actually was referring to the s5 batch 6 where I can only find the bulk price atm

legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
May 27, 2015, 07:49:43 AM
May 27, 2015, 05:49:54 AM
Just wanted to share my link and gather some helpfull information if possible

http://mouseion.weebly.com/

I want to make home miner totally off grid with Powerwall from Tesla Energy
Also try contact the other companys as you can read on blog for help and assistance

I'm using Antminer S5 batch 5 in configuration but if you guys know better ones pls contact me with specifications and prices what I can't seem to find atm

Any other suggestions are welcome also

Greets
Pages:
Jump to: