Pages:
Author

Topic: [SOLD] 2X antminer S5 with family-friendly fans (new price) - page 2. (Read 8486 times)

legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
I agree with the other poster. You are asking too much. The fan mod add zero value. Its just like adding a spoiler onto a car, it does not increase the cars value.

Your whole analogy about Bitmain being on vacation for 10 days doesn't add much merit either. Mining for 10 days is what? $10 extra? I would rather wait 10 days and get a BRAND NEW MINER with warranty then buy a used one.

You can't sell something used for the same price or more of it being brand new. If you are serious about selling this, then you would lower the price and you would find a buyer asap but since you are asking this much its means you are not serious about selling.

I don't understand why you would sell this either. Even if you pay for electricity its still making you money. No reason to sell. Price and difficulty are stable right now.

So either lower your price to the other threads and sell it at market value or remove this listing. People aren't stupid and won't overpay.

This post is similar to the other thread where someone bought a brand new SP20 and wanted to sell them $100 over retail.  And they were surprised and offended when people made offers.

Good luck with sale.

legendary
Merit: 3848
Lol r u serious on ur prices?? At $460 it would take people that pay .13 per kw/h like i do 369 days to break even. With free power it would take 149 days. Not many have free power but if they had free power they prob wouldnt care about the noise lvl because they would use other miners as space heaters or they would stick them outside. I got 3 sp20's a few weeks ago for $350 each so if u want prices like ur asking for then u might be better off on ebay but even then i think ur prices r super high for used never able to reach roi miners.

higher price is because of fan mods plus about two weeks head start as Bitmain is closed for shipping until Feb 25, but thanks for your suggestions.

Fans arent expensive at all so the mod would be what 20-30 bucks give or take

these particular fans are worth ~$38 as I clearly stated. You don't have to buy it.
In addition, there were no coupons issued for S5 sold in late january, at least i did not get any.

dont act like 38 dollar fans justify tackin on over a hundred bucks to the used miner price tag.

1. Bitmain is not shipping, so you get extra 10 days hashing
2. shipping from Bitmain costs $46 ($46+$38=$84) and I don't charge for shipping. $370+$46+$38=$454.
Miner from bitmain WAS ~$416, but you cannot order to get it shipped until 25th OR whenever the button will become green again
3. Amazon price for unmod miner is $479.99, ebay price on first line is $462.5 bid on unmodified miner

Conclusion: my modified miner is a relative bargain, but as I said-you don't have to like it, move along please.
Activity: 387
Merit: 254
Lol r u serious on ur prices?? At $460 it would take people that pay .13 per kw/h like i do 369 days to break even. With free power it would take 149 days. Not many have free power but if they had free power they prob wouldnt care about the noise lvl because they would use other miners as space heaters or they would stick them outside. I got 3 sp20's a few weeks ago for $350 each so if u want prices like ur asking for then u might be better off on ebay but even then i think ur prices r super high for used never able to reach roi miners.

higher price is because of fan mods plus about two weeks head start as Bitmain is closed for shipping until Feb 25, but thanks for your suggestions.

these particular fans are worth ~$38 as I clearly stated. You don't have to buy it.
In addition, there were no coupons issued for S5 sold in late january, at least i did not get any.

they usually add them but maybe they didnt because of the Chinese holiday stuff....after all they stopped selling s5's all together i guess to reduce the risk of selling them for less btc then they want for each one if the btc price goes up a bit so maybe you will see them AFTER the holiday is over. everything else still stands though. idk y a year before it breaks even if the diff stays exactly the same which obviously it wont looks reasonable to folks lol. obviously i dont have to buy anything but i dont agree with price gouging either....it throws the whole market off all because of some new miners paying wayyyyyyyy more then something is worth simply because they dont know ne better which makes the next guy think they r worth x amount of dollars all because he saw others price gouging lol. 

also please dont be a smartass....u know they r high priced so dont act like 38 dollar fans justify tackin on over a hundred bucks to the used miner price tag. i just comment because no one else seems to want to and i dont want new folks googling stuff to come across ur miners and think because hes making it seem like its a good deal that it must be a good deal. thats all.
legendary

I also  not get new coupons.

Do you sell only four blades , 4 x 16pin cables ,  screws and springs for blades?

I offer 750 usd shipped to Estonia.

No need for controllers, only 16 pin cables from controller to board.

Sorry, but I want to sell this miner intact with extra fans.

price is reduced to $454, shipped to US, hashing at normal speed (~1150 GH) with much quieter fans.
Get it before shipping from Bitmain resumes.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

I also  not get new coupons.

Do you sell only four blades , 4 x 16pin cables ,  screws and springs for blades?

I offer 750 usd shipped to Estonia.

No need for controllers, only 16 pin cables from controller to board.
legendary

Right now each s5 i own makes me 2-3 bucks a day. When u buy a miner from bitmaintech u get a coupon towards ur next order which lowers the cost of the next set u order and u get a brand new miner with a warranty starting the day they get dropped off. Fans arent expensive at all so the mod would be what 20-30 bucks give or take....to make the hundred bucks ur tackin onto the bitmain price would take 33-50 days IF the difficulty stays the same which we all know it wont stay the same. Im not sure how used miners can be priced this dang high even with quieter fans. The miners will break before the year is up so it wont ever make u money let alone break even. The s5's i have now were brand new from bitmain and have issues where sometimes one blade cuts off after running for a few days straight in my cold ass basement so do i expect them to last a year?? I hope they do but in a few months there will be other miners that make more and eat up less power so running these wont be worth it even with free power. This is just price gougin ontop of bitmains already high pricetag which morally isnt cool. I sold my used c1's on enay for $50 less then bitmains price because they were used....no sense in rippin folks off even if they r willin to toss money at u without thinkin.
legendary

legendary
How much dB is this producing? Can you measure?

55dB or so vs 72-73 dB for default.
I cannot hear it 20 ft away. in the same office it is mildly annoying, but bearable.
Family does not complain about mod fans, but were objecting to default ones
legendary
Merit: 1708
How much dB is this producing? Can you measure?
legendary
Push side-Noctua

Pull side-Scythe Ultra kaze

From the top

Activity: 139
Merit: 100
www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option
Do you have any kind of pics and/or proof of mining? You probably wont get much interest without them, especially without any kind of reputation.

Your asking price is also ~$100 above what bitmain was selling them for, although your price does include shipping while theirs does not.

The two miners you are selling would earn a gross amount of roughly .027 BTC (for two) before electric costs, multiply that times 14 days and you get ~.378  for two, in mining revenue (.189 each) lost by having to wait for bitmain, however you would also not need to pay for electric over the time. That amount works out to roughly $94.5 for two (or $47.25 each), however it does not count electric costs.

The cost of running one S5 over two weeks, assuming $0.09 per kwh would be roughly $18.14, so the net amount of mining revenue by not waiting two weeks out be $29.11 each, or $58.22 for both

370+46+29=$445 fair value for miner alone, without taking into consideration that Bitmain might bump up the price in lieu of rising BTC (they did it before)
$25 extra value for extra fans ($40 amazon price without taxes)
i did sell to others here-check my trust

I don't follow where the $46 number comes into play? Is this shipping? If so then many people on here tend to provide their own shipping label.

It is a free market and you can sell at whatever price you wish, and people can similarly offer whatever prices you wish but I am just giving my own analysis on your pricing. Granted there may be some premium to be paid for the fan mod already being put into place

~$46 is approximate shipment cost to US from china to calculate fair price. people don't need to provide their label because my price includes shipping to US destination.
I don't think a buyer providing their own label would spend $46 per miner so it would probably make more sense for them to do so. You do however have an argument to 'capture' a portion of the $46 from a potential buyer as they would have that expense if buying directly from bitmain.
legendary
Do you have any kind of pics and/or proof of mining? You probably wont get much interest without them, especially without any kind of reputation.

Your asking price is also ~$100 above what bitmain was selling them for, although your price does include shipping while theirs does not.

The two miners you are selling would earn a gross amount of roughly .027 BTC (for two) before electric costs, multiply that times 14 days and you get ~.378  for two, in mining revenue (.189 each) lost by having to wait for bitmain, however you would also not need to pay for electric over the time. That amount works out to roughly $94.5 for two (or $47.25 each), however it does not count electric costs.

The cost of running one S5 over two weeks, assuming $0.09 per kwh would be roughly $18.14, so the net amount of mining revenue by not waiting two weeks out be $29.11 each, or $58.22 for both

370+46+29=$445 fair value for miner alone, without taking into consideration that Bitmain might bump up the price in lieu of rising BTC (they did it before)

I don't follow where the $46 number comes into play? Is this shipping? If so then many people on here tend to provide their own shipping label.

It is a free market and you can sell at whatever price you wish, and people can similarly offer whatever prices you wish but I am just giving my own analysis on your pricing. Granted there may be some premium to be paid for the fan mod already being put into place

~$46 is approximate shipment cost to US from china to calculate fair price. people don't need to provide their label because my price includes shipping to US destination.

legendary

The two miners you are selling would earn a gross amount of roughly .027 BTC (for two) before electric costs, multiply that times 14 days and you get ~.378  for two, in mining revenue (.189 each) lost by having to wait for bitmain, however you would also not need to pay for electric over the time. That amount works out to roughly $94.5 for two (or $47.25 each), however it does not count electric costs.

legendary
SOLD For sale two antminer S5 that were used for ~5weeks.
Default fans produce more than 72dB, which for most people is unbearable in the same room.
i will include Noctua Nf-12 3000rpm pWM fan for push ($24.5 value) and
Scythe ultra kaze (~13 value) for pull with each miner plus a default fan, one grill and screws

Price for modded (quieter) S5 is ? $454 $460 $470 in BTC, shipped to US only.

please don't try low bids-they will not be accepted.

Bitmain is not shipping until Feb 25 due to holidays.
Pages:
Jump to: