Pages:
Author

Topic: [SOLD] A piece of Bitcoin history. Video card that found Block 210000 - page 4. (Read 9474 times)

Activity: 622
Merit: 500
www.cryptobetfair.com
If I buy this, can you get me Slush's autograph? :-)

As far as I know, slush does not exist in human form.  All evidence points to him as being a AI bot, so it would be rather difficult to get his autohraph

Activity: 271
Merit: 250
If I buy this, can you get me Slush's autograph? :-)
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004
$574 for a 5870?  I have 77 of them for sale if anyone wants them for 4btc each.  I have found dozens of blocks with them over the last 17 months.

This is not a normal 5870, this is one of the few bitcoin artifacts you can hold in your hand. Arguably, when news of the halving hit the media, is when btc started to rise to its current fame and price.  This card belongs in the bitcoin museum, that hopefully will exist one day.

Id like to add here that if Satoshi contacts me requesting the card, I will donate it to him for free.

Agreed.  Hard to know the value of something like this as we are in new territory.  If Bitcoin fizzles it is not gonna be worth much.  If Bitcoin continues to grow then it will be a piece of history.

4 BTC is a pretty good price so far!
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
$574 for a 5870?  I have 77 of them for sale if anyone wants them for 4btc each.  I have found dozens of blocks with them over the last 17 months.

This is not a normal 5870, this is one of the few bitcoin artifacts you can hold in your hand. Arguably, when news of the halving hit the media, is when btc started to rise to its current fame and price.  This card belongs in the bitcoin museum, that hopefully will exist one day.

Id like to add here that if Satoshi contacts me requesting the card, I will donate it to him for free.

+1 Let's get a kickstarter going for a Bitcoin museum  Wink
www.cryptobetfair.com

donator
Activity: 1055
Merit: 1020
www.cryptobetfair.com
I received a private bid of 4 btc
Odi
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
www.cryptobetfair.com
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
I am just curious what pool you were mining at the time. aka which pool claimed the block.  There was talk a long while back about auctioning off that block but I never heard anything more.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003
That's cool. Forgive my naivety, but how do we know it's legitimate?
www.cryptobetfair.com
Activity: 504
Am I missing something? What's so special about 210000?

None the less good luck selling. Smiley
Activity: 490
... it only gets better...
www.cryptobetfair.com
On 11-28-12, I was lucky enough to find block 210000 with my 5870.  I am about to upgrade my mining rig, and have outgrown this card.  

The card is in perfect working order, and is mining away as we speak.  I am not selling this for the price of a typical 5870.

This could be a big piece for any collector of bitcoin memorabilia. Not many physical items exist of historical value in the bitcoin world, this could be one of the biggest.  I want this to go to a collector, someone that will give it a good home.

I am selling this as an auction.  I will accept private bids via pm's, or feel free to post questions or bids here.  I am happy to use escrow. Accepting bitcoins or interesting trades only.

Pages:
Jump to: