Pages:
Author

Topic: Solidcoin DMCA takedown - page 2. (Read 10210 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1021
January 31, 2012, 10:38:54 AM
It's quite sad how he wants DMCA/SOPA installed around the world. People like him are the reason for the increasingly sad state of the world.

Legit source for this? IMHO: DMCA is a bad thing in most situations, but luke-jr didn't use it in a bad/abusive way.

Ban for trolling? Attheveryleast?

+1
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
January 30, 2012, 04:50:10 AM

Holy shit. You need to work on your PR, because you're turning several previously neutral parties against you with this sort of drivel.

Several? Neutral? Exactly who is neutral about this or his crappy bitcoin ripoff?

He's obviously attention starved, quit giving it to him.
donator
Activity: 266
Merit: 252
I'm actually a pineapple
January 30, 2012, 03:18:19 AM
No, the SolidCoin license is non-free. Free software means the freedom to run, study, modify, and distribute (even for a fee).

No Bitcoin is not free because it doesn't allow me to not include a copyright text and because I say so. So there mr smarty pants!

I can certainly argue there are damages for running a business built on my code without proper attribution.

Haha, tell the judge this.

No, the DMCA takedowns were successful in the case of both GitHub and Linode (your former webhost). You've just managed to run away from the law by moving to German servers outside the DMCA jurisdiction.

No we did that for the lols and because we dislike the DMCA. People wanted to file a counterclaim and take you to court already out of their own pocket... but there's better ways to do this and we are still collecting information on you and your business dealings with MtGox/Tibanne and what participation they had in this.

No, my DMCA takedown notice is 100% factual. Any attempt to go after me will be your own undoing (as in, you'll probably end up with real jail time).

No it's you facing serious jail time for using the DMCA on something you do not own and have no claim over. Shouldn't have perjured yourself there bro. Thanks for generally being an unlikeable person too because we are getting plenty of support for this.

Holy shit. You need to work on your PR, because you're turning several previously neutral parties against you with this sort of drivel.
January 30, 2012, 02:39:42 AM
Firstly the source code to SolidCoin was released
What you don't seem to understand is that the MIT license doesn't even require you to share the source.  Roll Eyes  You just need to include the original license....

No, the SolidCoin license is non-free. Free software means the freedom to run, study, modify, and distribute (even for a fee).
No Bitcoin is not free because it doesn't allow me to not include a copyright text
Ah, we're making progress already finally about that copyright text. Might want to have a read at the reason why the copyright text has to be included.
January 30, 2012, 01:07:39 AM
Wait a second here... wasn't CH/RS banned from this forum? Didn't we have to wade through pages of the sorrowful tale of this copyright infringing, piss-poor code stealing, mouth-breathing troglodyte whining about how unfair that was?

Listen up you sniveling little bitch...

You broke the rules. Whether or not you changed it back, or shifted your code repository to another country what you did violated the terms of the license and was theft. That repulsive little slug luke-jr. has the right to bring a DMCA action against you, he did, you lost and got spanked.

Crying horseshit little tunes about perjury, libel or slander is just about the most infantile form of online discourse imaginable. You are fucking half-wit rip-off artist living in Australia. Luke the cunt got your US based site pulled down under US law. You shifted your site to Germany, and changed the offending sections of the code after the fact. Where are going to bring a cause of action against luke? Outer Fucking Mongolia? Stop acting the fool, and just go back to playing with your ShortBusCoin, and scamming your adoring throng of four or five love slaves. Nobody here gives a damn about your trials and troubles, nobody here would care if Soviet space debris fell on your mom's house and crushed you in the basement.

Giving thought to a narcissistic attention whore with delusions of grandeur is counter productive.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Okey Dokey Lokey
January 29, 2012, 11:19:22 PM
No it's you facing serious jail time for using the DMCA on something you do not own and have no claim over. Shouldn't have perjured yourself there bro.

You were unaware that Luke-jr contributed code to Bitcoin as far back as June 2011 (perhaps earlier, I didn't look much further)? Interesting.
Still haven't mentioned which part of the take-down notice was incorrect? Interesting.
You still haven't posted the MIT license in the bitcoin source files (I know its a lot of cutting and pasting). Interesting.
All you have done is acknowledged in your own license.txt that "some parts of SolidCoin are based on the MIT licensed source code by Bitcoin", which is an admission of guilt. Interesting.

Until you can implement the simplest license in the software world, I have to believe you are simply not capable of implementing a cryptocurrency (which is why you had to use Bitcoin code in the first place).
someone pay the man  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
January 29, 2012, 11:07:31 PM
No it's you facing serious jail time for using the DMCA on something you do not own and have no claim over. Shouldn't have perjured yourself there bro.

You were unaware that Luke-jr contributed code to Bitcoin as far back as June 2011 (perhaps earlier, I didn't look much further)? Interesting.
Still haven't mentioned which part of the take-down notice was incorrect? Interesting.
You still haven't posted the MIT license in the bitcoin source files (I know its a lot of cutting and pasting). Interesting.
All you have done is acknowledged in your own license.txt that "some parts of SolidCoin are based on the MIT licensed source code by Bitcoin", which is an admission of guilt. Interesting.

Until you can implement the simplest license in the software world, I have to believe you are simply not capable of implementing a cryptocurrency (which is why you had to use Bitcoin code in the first place).
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Okey Dokey Lokey
January 29, 2012, 10:03:16 PM

No Bitcoin is not free because it doesn't allow me to not include a copyright text and because I say so. So there mr smarty pants!

I can certainly argue there are damages for running a business built on my code without proper attribution.

No, the DMCA takedowns were successful in the case of both GitHub and Linode (your former webhost). You've just managed to run away from the law by moving to German servers outside the DMCA jurisdiction.

No we did that for the lols and because we dislike the DMCA. People wanted to file a counterclaim and take you to court already out of their own pocket... but there's better ways to do this and we are still collecting information on you and your business dealings with MtGox/Tibanne and what participation they had in this.

No, my DMCA takedown notice is 100% factual. Any attempt to go after me will be your own undoing (as in, you'll probably end up with real jail time).

No it's you facing serious jail time for using the DMCA on something you do not own and have no claim over. Shouldn't have perjured yourself there bro. Thanks for generally being an unlikeable person too because we are getting plenty of support for this.
Ban for trolling? Attheveryleast?
Activity: 252
Merit: 251
January 29, 2012, 09:52:58 PM

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
January 29, 2012, 09:50:22 PM
You can give ISPs in Germany a DMCA notice about infringing code. They are not required to honor them, but if the investigation is trivial (as it should be in this case) they sometimes comply.
They ignored it, and apparently forwarded it to RS.

You can go after the domain name solidcointalk.org since it is being used to host infringing content.
Not without SOPA I think?
legendary
January 29, 2012, 09:40:11 PM
There is no successful DMCA against SolidCoin, the source code and binaries are being distributed. So let's just get that fact straight. This censoring troll Luke-Jr only managed to get this claim on Github in the state it is because he knows the people there and also the unprofessional way Github act.

You can give ISPs in Germany a DMCA notice about infringing code. They are not required to honor them, but if the investigation is trivial (as it should be in this case) they sometimes comply. You can also file a lawsuit about it in Germany and the ISP will take you seriously. You can go after the domain name solidcointalk.org since it is being used to host infringing content. You can subpoena the registrar for who owns the domain in order to make them a party to the lawsuit (thereby obtaining the entity behind Solidcoin).
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
January 29, 2012, 09:28:59 PM
Firstly the source code to SolidCoin was released and it's a free project.

There are no damages to be rewarded for misplacing an updated license.txt on a free open source project.

Secondly Github was taken down with NO investigation. That is the DMCA some of you idiots here are acting like a good thing.
No, there was investigation. I did the investigating. GitHub and Linode also verified the infringing materials were on your website.
The only way to "Shut github up" would be to file a counterclaim but given their 10 day lack of reply to emails and unprofessional "just take it down without care" attitude we decided to move onto a different repository.
You mean you're too scared to file a counterclaim because it would 1) give me access to your legal name and address so I can file formal legal charges against you, and 2) expose you to criminal prosecution for perjury (the counterclaim is required to state you are not infringing under penalty of perjury, and you are infringing).

There is no successful DMCA against SolidCoin, the source code and binaries are being distributed. So let's just get that fact straight. This censoring troll Luke-Jr only managed to get this claim on Github in the state it is because he knows the people there and also the unprofessional way Github act.

Luke-Jr is going to be prosecuted soon enough for his fake DMCA claims as he has perjured himself.

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Wat
January 29, 2012, 09:14:21 PM
I think Solidcoin is a joke...BUT please bitcoin developers, do not file DMCA Takedowns. We are supposed to be encouraging internet freedom, not the policing of the internet. Does it really matter if they claim that your code is their code? Anyone can verify the claim for themselves.

It is called theft.  If Microsoft stole the Bitcoin code, made it proprietary and then tried to commercialize it would you also say to not respond w/ legal action.

Something is only theft when you physically remove the original item. http://pastehtml.com/view/bllpf04jv.html I accidentally SONY's back catalogue. And fuck anyone who uses GUNS to get what they want I mean lets get down to brass tacks here....
January 29, 2012, 09:04:17 PM
Wait a second here... wasn't CH/RS banned from this forum? Didn't we have to wade through pages of the sorrowful tale of this copyright infringing, piss-poor code stealing, mouth-breathing troglodyte whining about how unfair that was?

You broke the rules. Whether or not you changed it back, or shifted your code repository to another country what you did violated the terms of the license and was theft. That repulsive little slug luke-jr. has the right to bring a DMCA action against you, he did, you lost and got spanked.

Crying horseshit little tunes about perjury, libel or slander is just about the most infantile form of online discourse imaginable. You are fucking half-wit rip-off artist living in Australia. Luke the cunt got your US based site pulled down under US law. You shifted your site to Germany, and changed the offending sections of the code after the fact. Where are going to bring a cause of action against luke? Outer Fucking Mongolia? Stop acting the fool, and just go back to playing with your ShortBusCoin, and scamming your adoring throng of four or five love slaves. Nobody here gives a damn about your trials and troubles, nobody here would care if Soviet space debris fell on your mom's house and crushed you in the basement.

Could you be even more emotional? Control yourself. Smiley

In regards to Luke-Jr, please take a look here :-

http://solidcoin.info/faq.php

The CPF stands for Coin Protection/Promotion Fund . It was devised after realizing that a small amount of centralization can actually be good for a decentralized currency. Currently 5% of the value a normal block is given to the CPF in every trusted block. So in essence SolidCoin has 5% *economic* centralization.

At this point you may be asking how centralization is good at all, especially when we are talking about a decentralized currency. And that is a good question. Firstly, any centralization relating to the network itself we strongly disagree with. Decentralized networking is important for security reasons, it makes it almost impossible to shutdown the currency. The centralization in SolidCoin is merely an economic one, whereby a central agent is given funds to look after the interests of all SolidCoin users.

SolidCoin people realized that we would not only need to solve problems relating to technical aspects (51% attacks etc) but we need protection against people like Luke-Jr legally. So the CPF can hire a US lawyer and prosecute him with no cost to any individual user.
legendary
January 29, 2012, 08:36:05 PM
I have copies of solidcoin code (downloaded from GitHub) that have had the MIT licenses removed. I have copies of the bitcoin code with the MIT licenses in place. The former occurred after the latter. The courts can obtain the same thing I have via subpoena.

Yeah it doesn't really matter about "what you think the truth is" . We have the DMCA claims from Luke-Jr and he has perjured himself.

You should really see the way he tries to beg people in countries where DMCA isn't relevant to "listen to him" . It's quite sad how he wants DMCA/SOPA installed around the world. People like him need are the reason for the increasingly sad state of the world.

DMCA is relevant in both the US and Australia which is where all the parties involved (Luke, Github, and Coinhunter) reside.
You violated the license terms. You were warned numerous times. You had the side effects explained to you by numerous people. You chose to ignore the warnings and explanations, instead favoring your own interpretation. Now you have no Github project. You might pursue this in the courts, but you have not done so in spite of having 20 days in which to file.

P.S. I can also read the DMCA takedown notice. It is posted at https://github.com/github/dmca/blob/master/2012-01-09-bitcoin.markdown. There is no perjury evident.
Activity: 574
January 29, 2012, 08:33:47 PM

January 29, 2012, 08:20:25 PM
I have copies of solidcoin code (downloaded from GitHub) that have had the MIT licenses removed. I have copies of the bitcoin code with the MIT licenses in place. The former occurred after the latter. The courts can obtain the same thing I have via subpoena.

Yeah it doesn't really matter about "what you think the truth is" . We have the DMCA claims from Luke-Jr and he has perjured himself.

You should really see the way he tries to beg people in countries where DMCA isn't relevant to "listen to him" . It's quite sad how he wants DMCA/SOPA installed around the world. People like him are the reason for the increasingly sad state of the world.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
January 29, 2012, 08:14:43 PM
There was nothing fake about your copyright infringement.  Infringement you were made aware of the day you released the source code.

You pirated software.  Period.   You might consider removing copyright and license notification trivial but it isn't.  Had you not pirated software your github wouldn't have been taken down.  Take some personal responsibility for your actions.

Firstly the source code to SolidCoin was released and it's a free project. There are no damages to be rewarded for misplacing an updated license.txt on a free open source project.

Secondly Github was taken down with NO investigation. That is the DMCA some of you idiots here are acting like a good thing. The only way to "Shut github up" would be to file a counterclaim but given their 10 day lack of reply to emails and unprofessional "just take it down without care" attitude we decided to move onto a different repository.

Luke-Jr is going to be prosecuted soon enough for his fake DMCA claims as he has perjured himself.

Dude, you are by far the worst PR rep imaginable.

A wise man knows when to cut his losses (time, money, reputation, etc.).  I suggest you do the same.  Nobody wants your dumb SolidCoin.
legendary
January 29, 2012, 08:08:18 PM
Bitcoin is about absolute freedom (mostly in regards to data), which is why it boggles my mind that someone who preaches freedom of all data, would go ahead and do a DMCA takedown on an infant open source e-currency...
"Absolute freedom" is absolute evil.
This pretty much sums you up in one sentence. Thanks for the quote...

You are no better than Coinhunter and his 13 million premine.

Disgusting...

The problem isn't so much that Coinhunter left out the MIT license. The problem is he replaced the MIT license with his own proprietary license. Coinhunters license claimed he had the right to prevent anyone he wished from using the code is in both Solidcoin and Bitcoin. That includes everyone running a bitcoin client.

If uncontested, Coinhunter could try to assert that right in court or via DMCA. That was the problem. Now it isn't.

January 29, 2012, 08:05:57 PM
There was nothing fake about your copyright infringement.  Infringement you were made aware of the day you released the source code.

You pirated software.  Period.   You might consider removing copyright and license notification trivial but it isn't.  Had you not pirated software your github wouldn't have been taken down.  Take some personal responsibility for your actions.

Firstly the source code to SolidCoin was released and it's a free project. There are no damages to be rewarded for misplacing an updated license.txt on a free open source project.

Secondly Github was taken down with NO investigation. That is the DMCA some of you idiots here are acting like a good thing. The only way to "Shut github up" would be to file a counterclaim but given their 10 day lack of reply to emails and unprofessional "just take it down without care" attitude we decided to move onto a different repository.

Pages:
Jump to: