Pages:
Author

Topic: Solo-Bitcoin.com a community driven SOLO pool with 0% fee "Chip" based reward - page 2. (Read 915 times)

copper member
Activity: 99
Merit: 4
debugging logs

Code:
tarting program: /usr/local/bin/ckpool
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libthread_db.so.1".
[New Thread 0x7ffff7c4e700 (LWP 2120)]
[New Thread 0x7ffff744d700 (LWP 2121)]
[New Thread 0x7ffff6c4c700 (LWP 2122)]
[New Thread 0x7ffff644b700 (LWP 2123)]
[2022-06-30 17:14:06.584] ckpool generator starting
[New Thread 0x7ffff5c4a700 (LWP 2124)]
[New Thread 0x7ffff5449700 (LWP 2125)]
[New Thread 0x7ffff4c48700 (LWP 2126)]
[2022-06-30 17:14:06.585] ckpool stratifier starting
[New Thread 0x7fffdffff700 (LWP 2127)]
[New Thread 0x7fffdf7fe700 (LWP 2128)]
[2022-06-30 17:14:06.611] ckpool connector starting
malloc(): corrupted top size
[New Thread 0x7fffdeffd700 (LWP 2129)]
[New Thread 0x7fffde7fc700 (LWP 2130)]

Thread 5 "ckp@generator" received signal SIGABRT, Aborted.
[Switching to Thread 0x7ffff644b700 (LWP 2123)]
__GI_raise (sig=sig@entry=6) at ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/raise.c:50
50      ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/raise.c: No such file or directory.
(gdb)
copper member
Hardware update:

I was able to purchase a server with 24 cores and 96 GB of RAM. Testing out the pool now. Still running into errors.No Worries we will get it solved.

Code:
malloc(): corrupted top size

At least now we know it is not the server size. Continuing to test. My passion is equal to the task. We will get this figured at and onto mining a solo block.

We have no issues on bitcoin testnet but when we switch to the bitcoin mainnet the ckpool source code acts up with these issues. At least we are making progress .
copper member
I will definitely follow your work. I am very happy to see projects like this one, and if you are still active in the future, I will support you if needed.

Thanks for keeping a mood of mining alive, as I would say to Kano of CK,

Have a great day

Thank you.  Glad to have people offering to help. Feels great knowing people are behind you pushing to excel . Currently I get paid every  2 weeks. I have been saving funding from each paycheck to purchase our much more advanced servers that will host our pool. Soon we will have redundant servers to assist with widening our reach as a pool.

Currently just staying focused and saving up funds. We are taking donations but please do not feel pressured. One way or the other the new servers are going to get bought. Just takes me some time to save up money for them.  Most our problems will be solved by better servers but a project has to start somewhere.We are just getting started.
Activity: 504
Merit: 1065
Crypto Swap Exchange
I will definitely follow your work. I am very happy to see projects like this one, and if you are still active in the future, I will support you if needed.

Thanks for keeping a mood of mining alive, as I would say to Kano or CK,

Have a great day

EDIT : mistake with letters
copper member
Very cool idea, it is going to be interesting if a pool is able to find blocks just with CPU and GPU power. But as the chip can be traced that finds the block I guess there is also the option to join with an asic?

thank you. Yes the majority of hashpower on solo-bitcoin.com pool will be ASIC. ASIC more than welcome on the pool. The concept of chip tracing and logging is crucial to be fully transparent. To give better control to a pool community to verify who, what and when solved a block on the pool.

One of the primary goals of solo-bitcoin.com pool is to give the community all logs and as much information on how the pool rewards and operates. Chip tracing and proof of rewards distribution to the specific miner who solved the block is critical.
Activity: 924
Merit: 642
Magic
Very cool idea, it is going to be interesting if a pool is able to find blocks just with CPU and GPU power. But as the chip can be traced that finds the block I guess there is also the option to join with an asic?
copper member
Simple question: why are you doing this all?

1. To gain knowledge
2. To honor the early adopters and ambassadors of bitcoin. Including my father RIP
3. Every single Bitcoin solved on a solo pool by smaller miners feels like it honors Satoshi's vision. That anyone could contribute to the network and  be rewarded.  That you do not need thousands of dollars worth of mining hardware to solve a bitcoin block. Level the playing field for anyone to be apart of bitcoin mining. Not just the handful of pools that solve the majority of the blocks.
4. To facilitate the first solved bitcoin block in a ages with something less than a ASIC rig. CPU or GPU. “I know this one seems silly but it is a goal close to my heart”
5. FUN, FUN and more FUN. Not sure if you remember the feeling of being overtaken with bitcoin’s promise? To feel so excited about being apart of something much bigger than yourself? To feel like you have a great purpose or cause to pursue? To be happy in what you are doing. Happiness!! This is why I am doing all this.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

I think that you just need to read the last paragraph of their previous post.
legendary
Activity: 2405
Merit: 1459
-> morgen, ist heute, schon gestern <-

copper member
Very cool. Always good to see more projects like this!

Thank you. Means a lot to know people are welcoming to the project. It's always stressful feeling that people won't accept  what you are trying to do. Thank you again for chipping away at that stress with your kind words.
copper member
Um, since you say you pay the miner 6.25 BTC that means you keep the transaction fees.
Thus it's not a 0% fee.

For my (many worldwide) nodes (not the main pool which is way bigger) I use 32GB 4Core 8Thread 4GHz bare metal servers with recent CPUs

These things matter when running a pool:

1) You get block changes as fast as possible from the internet - i.e. fast worldwide network connections, not just one tiny server hiding in one tiny corner of the internet.
2) If you ever find a block, you send it out to the worldwide bitcoin network as fast as possible (see 1) above)
3) When a block change happens, your server handles it as quickly as possible, not some tiny unreliable slow cloud server.

i.e. worldwide fast internet connections and fast CPUs (not cloud VPS shared CPUs)

Um, since you say you pay the miner 6.25 BTC that means you keep the transaction fees.
Thus it's not a 0% fee.
Will update all statements. Yes the miner gets everything including transaction fees. thank you for reminding me of this. Only one address will get all rewards from a solved block. The address that the miner who solved it provided to the pool u- TheirBitcoinADDy. Solo-bitcoin.com gets nothing.

Yes . I understand 1-3. A project has to start somewhere. We will get there. With hard work, dedication and some fun. Thank you for all you have done for Bitcoin over the years. Thank you for building ckpool. An honor to have you on this thread. Even if your tone seems less than encouraging. Solo-bitcoin.com is actual a tribute to you and people like you. People who played a huge roll in making Bitcoin amazing. The legends of bitcoin. For the unknown and forgotten bitcoin legends also. Sound corny but true. I only seek knowledge .The knowledge i will collect in the process of partaking in the making of this pool is worth more than any fortune or riches. Some of my motivations are very close to my heart. This can be a lot of fun. Hope to hear from you more. Your input is worth gold. Seriously  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 1783
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Thus it's not a 0% fee.

For my (many worldwide) nodes (not the main pool which is way bigger) I use 32GB 4Core 8Thread 4GHz bare metal servers with recent CPUs

These things matter when running a pool:

1) You get block changes as fast as possible from the internet - i.e. fast worldwide network connections, not just one tiny server hiding in one tiny corner of the internet.
2) If you ever find a block, you send it out to the worldwide bitcoin network as fast as possible (see 1) above)
3) When a block change happens, your server handles it as quickly as possible, not some tiny unreliable slow cloud server.

i.e. worldwide fast internet connections and fast CPUs (not cloud VPS shared CPUs)
Activity: 594
Merit: 506
Very cool. Always good to see more projects like this!
copper member

Current issues:
  • 1.getting this error when trying to run the build on mainnet bitcoin
Code:
realloc(): invalid next size
Aborted
    Works fine on testnet without error .Current VPS is running on 4 cores and 4 GB ram .

Ran some more test. Today attempted to connect to remote Bitcoin core full node. The same that was used to successfully mine bitcoin testnet block.  Ran ckpool from a completely separate server. Each server runs fine until I connect the pool to the remote bitcoin node. Then the realloc(): invalid next size happens. My feeling and from what others have mentions is ram limitation is cause for error. Would this test not confirm ram limits is not the cause of this error ?
copper member
To-Do:
task 1.Set up a github:COMPLETE

Still learning . If I am doing something wrong or could be doing anything better please let me know.Anything to make this project better and to succeed.
copper member
Solo-Bitcoin.com a community driven 0% fee with 100% of the block reward going to the miner whom chip “CPU, GPU or ASIC” solved the Bitcoin block

V2

UPDATE : 1/03/2023- My intention was to go a different direction with Solo-Bitcoin but now we arrive at V2 2023. The Code must go on.

V1

Access to real time Master Log for solo-bitcoin.com pool .See what solo-bitcoin.com is doing.Don't Trust...Verfiy!
transparency is everything when electric cost and hashpower is on the line. See exactly what our pool is doing. Solo mine with peace of mind knowing your electric and hashpower is properly being utilized to give you a better chance to gain the 6.25 BTC  and the transaction fees rewards.

Chip based reward.
The goal is for Solo-Bitcoin.com  pool to reward the specific miner whom actual chip solved the block reward. This way no matter your mining rig CPU, GPU or  ASIC . The exact miner who owns that chip gets the full 6.25 BTC and the transaction fees reward.  The overall goal is to pool all hashpower to act as one miner to have better chances against the high difficulty but reward even the smallest miner with the 6.25 BTC the transaction fees rewards with 0% fee.

Current status : is in development with blocks already solved on the Bitcoin testnet
testnet solved blocks

Please do not try and connect to the pool tell it is announced another testnet run or go to mainnet.

We will be doing more test net runs this week or next.

Moving to the Bitcoin mainnet as soon as possible. Not to soon tell we can prove the solo pool preforms perfectly .

solo-bitcoin.com pool is based off of ckpool  feel free to jump in to the development of solo-bitcoin.com pool

To-Do:
  • 1.Set up a github
  • 2.Modify ckpool source to set the chip based rewards with full transparent logging. Know exactly who is getting the bitcoin block reward to whoms chip
  • 3. get better servers to host solo-bitcoin.com pool

Current issues:
  • 1.getting this error when trying to run the build on mainnet bitcoin
Code:
realloc(): invalid next size
Aborted
    Works fine on testnet without error .Current VPS is running on 4 cores and 4 GB ram . We will need better VPS

UPDATE : 6/13/2022 - pool status: DOWN .Bitcoin full node is still running and staying synced for further testing
UPDATE : 6/16/2022- clarified that solo-bitcoin.com pool takes 0% of any part of any rewards gained from the pool. Yes the miner gets the transaction fees as well.
UPDATE : 1/03/2023- My intention was to go a different direction with Solo-Bitcoin but now we arrive at V2 2023. The Code must go on.
Pages:
Jump to: