Pages:
Author

Topic: Solo question - will blocks be accepted? basic BTC question. - page 2. (Read 1793 times)

Activity: 115
Merit: 10
thanks for the info, I have 7G right now on the solo rig, just for shits and giggles. I am on a broadband connection,10 X 1  default values in bitcoin-d, so that should be good.

and @vm1990: I bought a lottery ticket today as well Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002
aslong as you have a half capable connection and miners the block will get accepted... if you have a slow connection with high ping then the odds are it will just stale out and be orphaned.. i do the same i have 2ghs solo mining and ine day maybe they will find a block.. hell its cheaper then the lottery and probably better odds
Activity: 285
Merit: 250
Turning money into heat since 2011.
The hashpower used to solve a block has no effect on whether the network will accept a solved block.  A solved block is a solved block.

Of course, someone else could solve a block and announce it on the network-- just before your miners announce a new block. This is true for solo miners and pools, alike.  Last year, I checked the status of one of my solo miners and found:

Accept: 0
Reject: 1

Son of a @#%^#$@&^%$#!!  "Missed it(50BTC) by that much"...
Activity: 227
Merit: 100
With this difficulty, finding a block with a solo rig is like winning the lottery. But in case you find the block, it will be accepted. We are all equal, big and small.
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
OK, please do not reply with 1,000 "why are you mining solo, join a pool" posts.

I am in a few pools.  I also have a small set up mining solo, just in case I get lucky.

So, on the off chance that I do find a block, will it be accepted? Are all the miners out there that run the big pools only accepting blocks that are generated from a few large operations?
 - my hash power is miniscule, so if I find a block would it be rejected because someone else with HUGE hash power has already solved it, and I can never catch up to the currently solved blockchain?

Would a block that was accepted by my solo set up start another hard fork foul up?

any insight at all on how this whole thing works would be helpful.

thanks in advance-
M1n3r49er
Pages:
Jump to: