Pages:
Author

Topic: [SOLVED] Bitcoin's chicken and egg problem - page 3. (Read 15246 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
I guess I just don't get this whole concept. By showing that you have two internet-nickels to rub together, it somehow makes you a more serious buyer/contributor?
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
if any of you guys are on reddit, you can go vote up a blog post about it that talks about bitcoin as well:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/qm6hu/ogrrcom_bitcoinbased_cashout_community/
staff
Activity: 4256
Merit: 1203
I support freedom of choice
I saw that you were in our IRC-channel earlier today, I missed you by an hour, you can contact me (Superior) or jesse on the boards with any questions you might have.
You have already replied Smiley
Anyway, as Acoindr said I really hope that you will find the right help to have the automatic-funds done.
I'm not personally interested in this kind of market, but I think that it's another big step forward to have Bitcoin commonly used.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1002
@Superior - is there anything the Bitcoin community can do to help you? There is obvious interest in seeing ogrr.com succeed.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
All feedback and criticism is highly appreciated!
Are you going to add automatic funds?

It's on the way but I cannot give you an ETA on that today.

I saw that you were in our IRC-channel earlier today, I missed you by an hour, you can contact me (Superior) or jesse on the boards with any questions you might have.
staff
Are you going to add automatic funds?
legendary
Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353
to show that the growth is not slowing down, I made this little graph.
It reflects the number of registered users reported in this thread: https://ogrr.com/viewtopic.php?f=385&t=540

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Hey guys, thanks for all the support.

It surely makes sense to inactivate some of the sub-forums until we reach a higher need for them, it's something we will discuss.

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008
If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat
It has been explained in page 2.

Activity: 637
Merit: 502
The forum has way to many subforums. Reaching critical mass is nr1. This spreads their users out very thin.
For that its better to start with as few as possible.

I had the same remark after visiting the forum the first time. I don't really understand why they make subforums for geographic regions ?
legendary
Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353
Now when I look at it, there is a little over 1500 registered users. So it seems that they gained users via the 1BTC reward, but the growth has diminished after that.

look again.
FYI, ogrr has been around since end of october.
staff
Anyway I really like the way they have integrated Bitcoin with their board.
I hope to see more mods for every board ( eBullettin / SMF /Invision Power Board / phpbb / ... ) that can be easily added with few clicks.

Is the new Mt.Gox e-Commerce feature a big step forward on this direction?
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
Now when I look at it, there is a little over 1500 registered users. So it seems that they gained users via the 1BTC reward, but the growth has diminished after that.

A better strategy would be: offer 0.5 BTC for first 1000 registrations, 0.25 BTC for next 1000, 0.125 for next etc. And maybe offer a double if the user is migrating from a competiting site.

^^ Mining for users?  Grin
Activity: 812
Merit: 1006

A better strategy would be: offer 0.5 BTC for first 1000 registrations, 0.25 BTC for next 1000, 0.125 for next etc. And maybe offer a double if the user is migrating from a competiting site.
Activity: 523
Merit: 500
The forum has way to many subforums. Reaching critical mass is nr1. This spreads their users out very thin.
For that its better to start with as few as possible.
Activity: 132
Merit: 100
Ripple
I don't quite catch it - why does a forum need a currency at all ...?

The forum provides a convenient way to trade goods.

An alternative is to use PayPal which has high fees for small purchases.  Or the members would somehow need to find a common payment mechanism for each purchase.  Many payment mechanisms are not open to minors.  Even Bitcoin has minimum fees for small transactions and confirmation delays when using the standard client.  Now, members have a convenient currency for all transactions and, if still want to, they can choose to use another payment mechanism.

... how does a forum user with more mBTC become more reliable?

If someone is asking about purchasing something and they have no balance, then their questions are less likely to be sincere. They certainly can't make an immediate purchase.

If they have balance, they are more likely to be participating in commerce with other forum members.

If someone is selling something and the amount they are charging is not a significant portion of their balance, they may be less likely to rip customers off.  At least customers can tell that the seller is not relatively poor.
staff
Will some Wonder-Nerd please figure out how to gamble bitcoins in the beginning of each counter strike match!?

Better yet, lets get this goin on TF2!
Someone should open a website like http://betsofbitco.in but completely dedicated to gaming.
It should be more like a community.
Here there will be bettors, players and developers ( these ones will develop plug-ins to add betting system directly in-game as you suggested )
Activity: 662
Merit: 545
I don't quite catch it - why does a forum need a currency at all, and how does a forum user with more mBTC become more reliable?

its more like a market place. 
Activity: 529
I don't quite catch it - why does a forum need a currency at all, and how does a forum user with more mBTC become more reliable?
Activity: 714

Will some Wonder-Nerd please figure out how to gamble bitcoins in the beginning of each counter strike match!?

Better yet, lets get this goin on TF2!

Good idea!
Pages:
Jump to: