Pages:
Author

Topic: Some agreements for the India forum - page 2. (Read 63187 times)

legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000
Landscaping Bitcoin for India!
July 20, 2014, 12:50:06 PM
Added a Hindi Sticky.
Please do suggest any other regional languages that may help us connect better.

What about URDU?

Kindly,
          MZ

Feel free to use the Regional Languages section for now.
If there is enough traction, we can get it added.
Activity: 560
Merit: 506
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
July 20, 2014, 06:15:50 AM
Added a Hindi Sticky.

What about URDU?

Kindly,
          MZ
+1

Any details on the update?
Kindly,
       MZ
Activity: 546
Merit: 501
Cypherpunk and full-time CryptoAnarchist
July 18, 2014, 01:16:44 PM
Added a Hindi Sticky.

What about URDU?

Kindly,
          MZ
+1
Activity: 560
Merit: 506
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
July 18, 2014, 09:03:21 AM
Added a Hindi Sticky.

What about URDU?

Kindly,
          MZ
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
January 07, 2014, 03:24:11 PM
you can add few sections also, cause number of threads growing.

I would suggest

mining
trading (sale/buy)
Indian economy
exchanges

+1
Activity: 546
Merit: 501
Cypherpunk and full-time CryptoAnarchist
legendary
September 14, 2013, 12:39:53 PM
Yes that is true. So a combination of activity value and post count on their profile is a better combination of info to judge than just post count.

You are forgetting trust system. You can't Judge/trust peoples with just postcount and activity.

The only thing missing from the statement above is 'Use Escrow'. Trust ratings, bans, abuses etc count for crap once the con has happened.
Activity: 644
September 14, 2013, 11:20:17 AM
Yes that is true. So a combination of activity value and post count on their profile is a better combination of info to judge than just post count.

You are forgetting trust system. You can't Judge/trust peoples with just postcount and activity.

Xactly....
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
July 11, 2013, 05:45:13 AM

legendary
Activity: 1258
Merit: 1001
July 11, 2013, 05:39:09 AM
Where exactly are the newcomers expected to post when they can't post to a topic that drew them into the forum to begin with?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=39.0
This part of the forum is the only one open to newbies

Restrictions for newbie: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/newbie-readme-177133
As you have already done one post, browse this forum for 4 hours while u r logged in and u should be able to post anywhere.
legendary
July 10, 2013, 09:57:44 PM
So I'm brand new to this forum, actually this is my first post to an internet forum period.
I can not reply to a lot of the the group buys i want to and it is because of this member ranking system?
I understand that there is a community here and this is a good way to build trust and regulate spammers, but..
Where exactly are the newcomers expected to post when they can't post to a topic that drew them into the forum to begin with?

theymos has been discussing removing the newbie restrictions, but I have not seen that happen as yet.

For now, this is the best regulated model that we can afford. Maybe in the next few updates, we should see the restrictions dropped.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
July 10, 2013, 09:15:15 PM
So I'm brand new to this forum, actually this is my first post to an internet forum period.
I can not reply to a lot of the the group buys i want to and it is because of this member ranking system?
I understand that there is a community here and this is a good way to build trust and regulate spammers, but..
legendary
July 03, 2013, 03:30:03 AM
legendary
Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003
July 02, 2013, 01:38:47 PM
I have some conerns about this new activity value policy and i just doubt to what extent these formulas can do justice.
1. It is not possible for any one to have a activity value much more than number of days elapsed since registration no matter how much really you are active
2. If two people are competing for a higher activity value and say the first guy has 50 activy and second one has 200 activity. It is impossible for the first guy to over take second guy until the second guy skips posting for many number of two-week periods.

OR am i missing something?

There is also "post count", which is different from activity and can be viewed on clicking the member's name.
legendary
July 02, 2013, 01:31:22 PM
I have some conerns about this new activity value policy and i just doubt to what extent these formulas can do justice.
1. It is not possible for any one to have a activity value much more than number of days elapsed since registration no matter how much really you are active
2. If two people are competing for a higher activity value and say the first guy has 50 activy and second one has 200 activity. It is impossible for the first guy to over take second guy until the second guy skips posting for many number of two-week periods.

High recent posts were being misused to increase the ranking. That is why there is a change and the registration date has taken precedence.

From what I have seen, by being active and helping/ trading with people, your reputation gets far better than an activity.

But no, you are not missing anything.
legendary
July 02, 2013, 01:02:22 PM

legendary
June 19, 2013, 08:00:06 AM
Hope it stops people from Spamming to Hero stat.
The formula creates no incentive for posting more than once a day (avg over two weeks), but even two posts per day would incentivize people to spam two posts per day in order to inflate their score. Activity seems to be resistant to manipulation, but not representative of all of a person's contributions. Only a legit poster would still keep posting above 1 post per day.

Even if he has a LOT to say ?

This moves the onus of trust a bit away from the forum. As we know for a fact, the Hero member badge has been abused quite a bit due to spamming.
Trust is not really to be based on a rank or a number but more on the reputation of a person. The new activity ratings show a more robust performance indicator of people in the long run. Anyone who stays around for that long, would have already built up a reputation and would not need a 'score' to justify their trustworthiness.

I do hope that made sense.
Activity: 1778
Merit: 764
www.V.systems
June 19, 2013, 07:55:08 AM
The formula creates no incentive for posting more than once a day (avg over two weeks), but even two posts per day would incentivize people to spam two posts per day in order to inflate their score. Activity seems to be resistant to manipulation, but not representative of all of a person's contributions. Only a legit poster would still keep posting above 1 post per day.

Even if he has a LOT to say ?
Activity: 686
June 18, 2013, 11:54:45 PM
legendary
June 18, 2013, 10:05:53 PM
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/activity-new-membergroup-limits-237597

Please do note the new updates to the member ranking on the forum. They have put in place due to the number of scammers and spammers getting involved in trading.

Very cool indeed!

The activity number is determined in this way:
time = number of two-week periods in which you've posted since your registration
activity = min(time * 14, posts)

Activity is updated every 30 minutes.

The new membergroup limits work like this:
Group   Requirement
Brand New   0 posts
Newbie   (none)
Jr. Member   1 post written over 4 hours ago
Member   activity: 15
Full Member   activity: 60
Sr. Member   activity: 200
Hero Member   activity: 400

I'm not 100% sure that the membergroups work correctly. Tell me if you see any bugs.
Pages:
Jump to: