Pages:
Author

Topic: Some entrepreneurs harvesting biometric data for free crypto - page 2. (Read 168 times)

Activity: 2632
Merit: 833
Double edge sword I would say, companies could say that they are doing testing and needed this biometrics data. On the other hand the technology that they will build might help and solve problems in the future. I did go on a biometrics scan myself, but it is for a National ID in our country so I'm ok with that. But not sure though if I will volunteer for free and then get some free tokens in return.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1106
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
Eye scanning have turned to be very secure way of data management. Long back itself this has got implemented on different means. Nowadays mobile phones come with this feature making things more secure. From the post it looks like the firm is trustworthy, because data business is big and now they might need a better thing. When something turns to be unique or innovative, initially it looks like crossing the line. I believe this to be similar, only time can give the briefing whether it can be celebrated or not.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
Are we crossing the line or this is an innovation to celebrate about?

While a lot of tools lately work with biometric data and they do need test data until they come as final product, hence harvesting biometric data can have a good side too, I fear that this is not enough and sooner or later they can get out in the wild - and getting on government hands is the least evil thing I would think about actually.
So I'd say that they're crossing the line.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 879
Rollbit.com ⚔️Crypto Futures
I just saw some article talk of a silicone valley entrepreneur offering free coins for your iris scan, imagine what or this data collected could affect you and me in this future should you sign up...am certain our governments will be interested parties into such because this is data that can't be easily changed so do such projects have data protection rules and laws to follow and what guarantee is there that they will not sell this data to third parties for their own financial gain??

Some article extracts
Sam Altman has been working on for his new start-up, a company called Worldcoin. Launched out of "stealth" on Thursday, Worldcoin promises to hand out free cryptocurrency to people who verify their accounts by taking an iris scan.

Worldcoin says it's already attracted $25 million in funding from Silicon Valley investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Coinbase and billionaire LinkedIn co-founder Reid Hoffman, giving the firm a $1 billion valuation.

Altman, CEO of artificial intelligence group OpenAI and former president of start-up accelerator Y Combinator, co-founded the company with theoretical physics student Alex Blania and Max Novendstern, a former investment associate at Bridgewater Associates.

The idea seems outlandish at first. Free money? And all I need to do is have my eyes scanned? It sounds too good to be true.

Are we crossing the line or this is an innovation to celebrate about?
Pages:
Jump to: