Pages:
Author

Topic: Some of the most common mistakes we make as beginners, and how to avoid them. - page 3. (Read 592 times)

legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 3858
Farewell o_e_l_e_o
2. Plagiarism: As we all know, plagiarism is unacceptable anywhere, including bitcointalk.org.
It is untrue.

In third-world nations, plagiarism is not a serious matter even in university, college, research articles or business companies.
In forum globally, Bitcoin talk forum is a most serious forum about plagiarism but unfortunately plagiarism cases nowadays tend to be handled considerably softer than the past especially in 2018 or 2019.

It was introduced circa 2016 and second chance started to be initiated since 2018.

explanation in 2018 and became more often applied in 2019. In that year, theymos started to give global moderators' right to handle plagiarism cases and award second chance for deserved members.
Activity: 546
Merit: 334
I'd like to take this opportunity to share some very important advice with my fellow newcomers in this community, because since joining, I've learned a lot and gained some experience, and I'm confident that if my fellow Newbies get it right, the forum will be the best place they've ever been.

* As a newcomer to bitcoin/cryptocurrency and this community, you must abide by the forum's rules and regulations. This is why the vast majority of newcomers visit these forums only to leave once they realize they can't follow the forum's rules and regulations; whereas the rules are laid out to have a standard forum, protect the forum from any obstacles, and maintain the forum's reputation.

* Some people believe that these forums are simply places where we can come and succeed in life if we participate in them. This is not the case; if you come here expecting to make quick money, you may end up not learning much in the forum, and you won't be able to enjoy a better investment in bitcoin without the fundamental knowledge.

Some basic tips we beginners need to take into consideration to avoid costly mistakes

1. High quality post: One of the most important skills to learn in these forums is how to write meaningful content. If you can't write good content as a newcomer, you would be considered a shitposter in the forum and end up with nothing in your posts. I'm still not sure what a quality post is because there's so much content on this topic with different definitions. All I can say is that we beginners should avoid spamming by making our content meaningful.

2. Plagiarism: As we all know, plagiarism is unacceptable anywhere, including bitcointalk.org. If you do plagiarism and they catch you, you will be permanently banned, regardless of your forum rank, and this is what is affecting those of us who are new to the forum. Most of the time, we fail to read the forum rules until we commit an offense and are punished; Therefore, beginners need to avoid Plagiarism.

3. Inadequate understanding of cryptocurrency: The majority of newcomers to cryptocurrency do not understand it well enough to profit from it. If you don't understand how cryptocurrency works, you risk losing your assets quickly. You must learn from the forum thoroughly before investing in Bitcoin or cryptocurrency in order to reduce risk.

Finally, I intend to create this thread based on the little experience I have gained from the forum. I decided to share the mistakes I have observed we beginners making that have been affecting us in the forum.
I welcome corrections and additional suggestions.
Pages:
Jump to: