Pages:
Author

Topic: Some online gold dealers will not accept tumbled or shared coins - page 2. (Read 1843 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 502
Circa 2010
How exactly they determine they have been tumbled?

Having your address in a tx with like 50 different recipients might give it away. Although honestly, I don't see how it really has to do with AML/KYC procedures given that even with standard txs no one really knows where its coming from and who its going to anyway.
Activity: 882
Merit: 302
How exactly they determine they have been tumbled?
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

I saw at Zero Hedge today that apparently some gold dealers will not accept tumbled nor shared BTC.

I do understand that people have their reasons for making their BTC a little harder to track.

But, the gold dealers still have to ship their coins...  So, what's the problem?  This may be a very n00b question, but I always thought a Bitcoin was a Bitcoin.

Some piece of information is missing here.  How do they discern a "tumbled" bitcoin, from a "shared bitcoin," from a plain old bitcoin?  They are all the same thing.  If you trace the taint in any bitcoin you hold, it will link back to tons and tons and tons of addresses, some of which that were under your control and some of which that were not.  

Perhaps they can't discern that and are simply giving lip-service to regulators, in essence saying to the public, please do not spend "tumbled" coins here, but if you do, we can't stop you.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007

I saw at Zero Hedge today that apparently some gold dealers will not accept tumbled nor shared BTC.

I do understand that people have their reasons for making their BTC a little harder to track.

But, the gold dealers still have to ship their coins...  So, what's the problem?  This may be a very n00b question, but I always thought a Bitcoin was a Bitcoin.

Some piece of information is missing here.  How do they discern a "tumbled" bitcoin, from a "shared bitcoin," from a plain old bitcoin?  They are all the same thing.  If you trace the taint in any bitcoin you hold, it will link back to tons and tons and tons of addresses, some of which that were under your control and some of which that were not.  
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1002
It looks like goldsilverbitcoin.com is simply trying to comply with AML/KYC. I don't see any big deal. Here is the actual link: https://www.goldsilverbitcoin.com/anti-money-laundering-policy/
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-04-14/priceless

Look for comments by "DoChenRollingBearing" (who?) and "seek".  I am kind of surprised not to have run into seek over here.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1002
Are you going to provide a link?
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

But, the gold dealers still have to ship their coins...  So, what's the problem?  This may be a very n00b question, but I always thought a Bitcoin was a Bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: