Pages:
Author

Topic: Someone hacked my INPUTS.IO accoount!!!Help me!!! - page 2. (Read 3775 times)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Sad story Sad
b!z
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010
Inputs.io was hacked, but fortunately, you will be able to get a refund.
Activity: 583
Merit: 500
Let me know if you get back your BTC... I am quite interested in online wallet....
Activity: 616
Merit: 250
I was lucky in that mine wasn't affected, but still decided to take the decision to transfer most of my funds into another wallet. It's also a little dissapointing that nothing was and is mentioned on his news/blog page about the incident, wanting to sweep it under the carpet I guess.
Activity: 204
Merit: 100
NEVER store large amounts of Bitcoin(0.1btc+) in online wallets!

sorry for your loss anyway... i know that feeling  Sad
how is $20 a large amount? Seriously dude.
I'd store upwards to 50 BTC because that's a small amount.
damn, if that's nothing to you, hook me up with a little something to the address in my sig. broke as a joke here! (sigh)  Undecided
Activity: 266
It's been said a million times before, only use these web wallet type services for small bitcoin amounts. It shouldn't be your bank, but instead a place to temporarily store bitcoins for quick transactions.

That being said, I'm glad TF said he will be reimbursing.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
NEVER store large amounts of Bitcoin(0.1btc+) in online wallets!

sorry for your loss anyway... i know that feeling  Sad
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
TradeFortness promised to reimburse all the affected account so, i dont think you have to worry except the security of your coins.
Activity: 1
What if this happens again and the owner is not able to or will not refund lost BTC that were stolen?
Activity: 394
Noooooo, you lost all your Bitcoin..... But it would be reimburse I guess Smiley
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
While i feel with those who have lost BTC through this it might be lucky for the majority that such event happens at the rather young age of inputs.io as opposed to when it would be widely used replacing self-owned wallets.
Anyhow I'd hope that this does not mark the end of inputs.io as a web-wallet might indeed be handy at certain times and I simply like their service so far.
Activity: 12
Trusting third party services to hold your coin. Never a good idea.
Activity: 52
Same here
https://i.imgur.com/hMuJYWV.png
No authorization request was sent.
Activity: 204
Merit: 100
If the accounts are refunded, that will actually give me confidence to start using inputs.io

Nah.  The fact that losses are replaced when he can afford it tells us nothing about what will happen when/if he can't afford it.

If he cannot afford it, he obviously isn't able to refund them.
I would assume that most of the Bitcoins are in cold storage, so that the chances of that happening are not that high.
But yeah, you shouldn't store all your Bitcoin wealth there, the chance isn't neglible.
scary stuff. it seems to be a relatively small compromise in terms of coins stolen, but what if this was for thousands of coins? where would we be then?
Activity: 364
If the accounts are refunded, that will actually give me confidence to start using inputs.io

Nah.  The fact that losses are replaced when he can afford it tells us nothing about what will happen when/if he can't afford it.

If he cannot afford it, he obviously isn't able to refund them.
I would assume that most of the Bitcoins are in cold storage, so that the chances of that happening are not that high.
But yeah, you shouldn't store all your Bitcoin wealth there, the chance isn't neglible.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
TradeFortress has given an update on this issue at https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3482410.

The attacker was able to empty the balance on accounts with the API key enabled. The issue is being actively looked upon. API access has been disabled.

Everyone who has lost money will be fully reimbursed.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 4658

Nah.  The fact that losses are replaced when he can afford it tells us nothing about what will happen when/if he can't afford it.
Activity: 840
Merit: 255
SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Why am I not surprised.  How often did I tell people that inputs.io is a bank account and not a wallet.

If TF proves to be trustworthy (refunding the lost coins, he probably has enough to do that), I would still use it for small transactions.
Obviously this is up for a test right now.

True!
Activity: 364
Why am I not surprised.  How often did I tell people that inputs.io is a bank account and not a wallet.

If TF proves to be trustworthy (refunding the lost coins, he probably has enough to do that), I would still use it for small transactions.
Obviously this is up for a test right now.

I probably will put a little more emphasis on the warning when recommending inputs.io though.
Pages:
Jump to: