Pages:
Author

Topic: Someone had access to my account last month - Please beware! - page 2. (Read 1265 times)

copper member
Activity: 763
Merit: 692
Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com
I knew that, my comment was meant in general Wink I've disabled my secret questions, nobody can lock my account that way.

That really is the recomend approach. It was easier to repurpose than to remove I guess and also be sure it doesn't break anything else

"Secret questions" are a terribly insecure method to restore access, it's (often) easy to "hack" using information publicly accessible through social media.

Reminds me of this: https://youtu.be/opRMrEfAIiI
legendary
Activity: 3262
Merit: 16303
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
Reset via secret queation does NOT reset the password. It Locks the account and user need to go through the account recovery process...
I knew that, my comment was meant in general Wink I've disabled my secret questions, nobody can lock my account that way.
copper member
Activity: 763
Merit: 692
Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com
@alanst @3dOOm @Rizzrack: please consider this when deciding who's the real owner of account legendster:
I was stupid enough to have saved some private keys in the drafts along with some other passwords.

Definitely will ! These things are rarely straightforward anyway  Tongue

"Secret questions" are a terribly insecure method to restore access, it's (often) easy to "hack" using information publicly accessible through social media.

Reset via secret queation does NOT reset the password. It Locks the account and user need to go through the account recovery process...
legendary
Hacker logged in using my secret question.
They tried many times.
Seclog:
Code:
Today at 04:13:39 AM - legendster - password reset via secret question
Today at 04:13:17 AM - legendster - password reset via secret question
Today at 04:02:17 AM - legendster - password reset via secret question
Today at 04:02:03 AM - legendster - password reset via secret question
Today at 04:01:56 AM - legendster - password reset via secret question
Today at 04:00:49 AM - legendster - password reset via secret question
Today at 04:00:24 AM - legendster - password reset via secret question
Today at 03:59:44 AM - legendster - password reset via secret question

I was stupid enough to have saved some private keys in the drafts along with some other passwords.

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Sure, I am the hacker now. I hacked legendster. Killed him. Peeled off his skin and now I'm wearing his skin like those MIB movies and living his life and posing for pictures and attending events as him.
That is exactly what the hacker would say Wink

Account locked.

Hacker logged in using my secret question.. feeling very compromised right now.

In the process of changing everything.

https://i.imgur.com/ly81bo3.png

I can still be reached on my Telegram.
legendary
Sure, I am the hacker now. I hacked legendster. Killed him. Peeled off his skin and now I'm wearing his skin like those MIB movies and living his life and posing for pictures and attending events as him.
That is exactly what the hacker would say Wink
Activity: 1778
Merit: 764
www.V.systems

This is the real problem:
my email got hacked
~
It means you can be anyone now.

Roll Eyes
legendary
In any case, I have created a flag against Maidak for trying to blackmail me by scaring me into sending him money by being afraid of how he'd tarnish my 'reputation' here.
I'm neither Supporting nor Opposing this Flag. This whole case is a clusterfuck of mistakes on both sides.

my email got hacked
~
It means you can be anyone now.

And there's this:
we still can't be sure if there original owner behind legendster's account.
He keeps saying he can sign a message, but hasn't done it.
Will do.
I'm still waiting.
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 8904
https://bpip.org
1. Maidak got scammed by Dimitry who was pretending to be me.

2. But Dimitry got scammed by whoever was pretending to be me when they sold my compromised account.

In any case, I have created a flag against Maidak for trying to blackmail me

Sounds a bit schizo TBH. Creating a flag against someone who got scammed by your impersonator, if we were to believe anything you say.
www.V.systems
The irony here is

2. But Dimitry got scammed by whoever was pretending to be me when they sold my compromised account.

Well to be honest I think this story makes sense, but its a bit strange that you wouldn't think to log in to your account for over three months, until you were contacted by Maidak... your activity was a bit more consistent previously. But anyways. Sounds like Maidak realizes he was scammed by an impostor.

Correction. I was not contacted by Maidak to rejoin here. I was contacted by an unknown stranger on Telegram, who was one of the people who were offered my account for sale.

Besides, I had 'remember me' turned on for my BTT account. Even if I did visit the forums for viewing shit and what not, I would not have noticed the log in until the password was changed by whoever that had access.

And thanks to the toxicity of BTT from users like suchsucker and his hermaphrodite gang members, this place isn't as bright and fun as it used to be. Which is why I don't actively participate in the forum any more.

Maybe I will again.

In any case, I have created a flag against Maidak for trying to blackmail me by scaring me into sending him money by being afraid of how he'd tarnish my 'reputation' here.

I guess he didn't know that suchnobrainer and his/her numbnut posse have already taken care of that years ago.

I don't see how keeping this thread alive is needed anymore.

I will shut this one and the other one within 24 hours. If anyone has to get any words in between now and then. Feel free to.

Once again. I have never, and I will never, ever sell my account. So if you see that message from me. Then its not me.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 7804
The irony here is

Well to be honest I think this story makes sense, but its a bit strange that you wouldn't think to log in to your account for over three months, until you were contacted by Maidak... your activity was a bit more consistent previously. But anyways. Sounds like Maidak realizes he was scammed by an impostor.
legendary
~snip~
You should open another topic for your case.
Activity: 6
This guy is a hacker. Please give negative trust to this account. I am the  owner of this account and he changed email address signature affiliate code and Bitcoin wallet address today.
The thing is screenshot aren't 100% verifiable to proof of your ownership, you need to sign a messages (but you said the address you used are from exchange) tagging without verifiable proof isn't correct.
I am more than happy to forward the email from bitcointalk to anyone who would like to verify. The wallet addresses provided by me are from two three years before. I have no control over them now. But admins from Stake signature campaigns can vouch for me as I am still in contact with them.

Now no one will be able to hack my email like legendster without authentication code.  Cool
If the hacker has access of your phone (which the same phone you get the 2FA code) you can still get hacked.

The above message is posted by the hacker.

Note: He has no access of my phone. My email and facebook account got hacked after I tried to install a pirated software on my computer from torrent. Once he changed password of my facebook account I got the notification and locked it. For Bitcointalk he knew that I would get the notification when he change password. So, he sent a signed wallet address on another thread and quoted some posts like the one mentioned above then changed password the next day.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 6871
Telegram idiocy at its best. Now the participants (how many are there? 3? 4?) of this telenovela will be posting screenshots cut/edited to fit their narrative.
Don't turn-off your tv just yet, it's just getting interesting, we are waiting for first female character to show up and new plot twist.
We have all important countries including Vietnam, Indonesia, India and now probably Russia, to make it internationally.
Both of these guys should be on ~ list.
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 8904
https://bpip.org
~

Telegram idiocy at its best. Now the participants (how many are there? 3? 4?) of this telenovela will be posting screenshots cut/edited to fit their narrative.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1058
The OGz Club
The irony here is

I don’t want to argue cause it won’t help me achieve anything, and I don’t believe this story.
It seems, dozens of people have been in contact with him for the past few months, he knew everything but took zero action, I don't know why! Now, 5 months later, he remembers that he has a bitcointalk account and his potential email was hacked.
www.V.systems
I recognize that Dimitry motherfucker.

Yes, he did contact me out of the blue and listed one of the hacked addresses (the one which had the most funds) and wanted to buy it.

I have an old friend from the forum who's known me for quite a few years.

We talk almost on a daily basis.

I immediately confided in him regarding the issue that some unknown dude who knows that this address is of no use to me pinged me and wants to buy it. (how does he know it?)

Here is a clearer shot of the Dimitry chat as I took it that day.

My intention was clear to fish for more information and go for the wait and watch approach. Apparently I failed.

Now this is new information to me, about this Raj Rj guy. Never seen him. Dunno him. But boy if I get a hold of him..!! He'll be in some deep shit!!

New hypothesis.
The people that originally hacked me in April must have acquired my password from that saved draft / firefox sync account and must have sold to these reseller guys. From where, this Dimitry guy might have purchased and gained access to my account. And quite possibly be the same guy that might have scammed Maidak.

The people that hacked me in April could not have been the same person as Dimitry or Maidak because then they'd easily be able to sign a message with that Bc1 address.

PS: Raj is a very common name and earlier this year I have interacted with at least a dozen of them for various AMAs. But I do not recognize this picture that was shared.

Now, prior to this Dimitry guy messaging me out of the blue, I have never interacted with him, nor have I ever reached out to anyone to sell my account, or my wallets.

I must emphasize.

I do not remember writing down the password to my BTT account anywhere. I use Chrome / Firefox's password manager to store these.

Just to repeat once more. I have NEVER sold my account. And I have NEVER sold any of my wallets.

I'm gonna fucking change EVERYTHING now.

If anyone knows how these assholes are able to get behind the 2Fa let me know. Google defaults to that new clicking approve interface 2fa rather than the old school sms 2fa which was way more secured.. Could my mobile be compromised?

The irony here is

legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 2802
I bought the account cause the reseller team gave me confidence, they are well known each other, all guys are from India and they are well known each other.
They have multi accounts that's why they fear me to scam but I don't want to reveal all of the names.

So, you are the guy who takes a $3000 loan from Maidak? https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.57931790
If you know some other names, better explain everything otherwise you are also part of a fraudulent group.

btw. your video proves that someone wanted to buy a private key from an eth address. nothing more.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1141
What do you base that number on?
My own speculation and his trading history.
Activity: 4
I will send telegram chat photo.
Can you send a signed message that proves you bought the account? I don't trust screenshots, they can be doctored.

I also added video of the chat, hope it will help to understand you. If "@TheUnnamed1"  is the legendster's Telegram then the first guy is he. see the video.

He scammed me 500 usdt and took the account back again last monday. I also have the old password, forum moderator can verify that.
No, forum moderators can't see your password.
There's a flaw in your story: legendster's email address was never changed.
Why would you buy an account and not use it for 4 months?

I bought the account cause the reseller team gave me confidence, they are well known each other, all guys are from India and they are well known each other.
They have multi accounts that's why they fear me to scam but I don't want to reveal all of the names.
Pages:
Jump to: