Pages:
Author

Topic: Someone is selling a gaming PC (specs inside) is it worth? - page 2. (Read 420 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218
Change is in your hands
totally not for mining. GTX970 card does around 20 MH/s in ETHash

No, it doesn't. The DAG is too large for a 970 to produce those numbers. I have owned a 970, The statement is false.

Doing a bit of googling suggests that each card will mine about $2.50 per day.

My rigs with 4 x 1070 are making a total of $2.5 per day, dunno from where did you get those figures. You will not even break even with free electricity. As for the price, It seems fair but could be lower. Do keep in mind people will assume US market rates here so if you are outside of US this might be a good deal for you.

As for buying it for a gaming rig, I would say its worth under $500.

Would you mind finding me one with specs like the OP posted?  Roll Eyes
Activity: 1179
Merit: 131
That is a terrible deal.  For mining it is pretty much worthless.  As for buying it for a gaming rig, I would say its worth under $500.
copper member
Activity: 756
Merit: 51
Hi,
totally not for mining. GTX970 card does around 20 MH/s in ETHash and 270-290 sol/s (Equihash). You can put the values on www.whattomine.com to see the real profit - with free energy it makes less than a dollar a day. For mining you do not need anything more than 4/8G of RAM. 8 hard drives could be used to HDD mining (see Burst, Storj coins) - not really profitable anyways. Setting a multi-boot is something you will do with a proper tutorial in an hour, so nothing to be paid for extra. The CPU is fine, but times of CPU mining are long gone.

To sum up: if you buy it with intention to mine, don't. You can get a lot better equipment for your bucks. And even for gaming/server computer the price is discussable. Better cards like GTX1070 are now available used for like $300-$350 easily. So it is a rip-off and it is not worth it.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034
Hey all, someone on my Facebook trade group for my college is sending what appears to be a pretty beefy PC. The specs are as follows:

2 gtx970 video cards in SLI
32 g of ram ddr3 2400 mhz
8 hard drives
Boots 4 different system
And a i7 4790k processor

As is it is selling for $1500, although I've been told most pieces can be downgraded if necessary, so I imagine it would do no harm (for mining) to cut down on hard drives and RAM. If I use it to mine while on campus, Electricity is free (I will spend about 60 weeks between now and June 2019 on campus).

Doing a bit of googling suggests that each card will mine about $2.50 per day. Want to know 1) if I'm getting ripped 2) what parts are superfluous 3) is it worth?
Pages:
Jump to: