Pages:
Author

Topic: Someone or some group is disturbed by Bitcoin. Vandalism on Wikipedia. - page 2. (Read 3288 times)

Activity: 285
Merit: 250
Big deal.. tools who thing their gubernment prints money and gives it value are posting of halftruthapedia. YAWN!
Activity: 451
Merit: 250
Tell me, why are people so bothered by Bitcoin now?

These people hate Bitcoin for the same reasons they hate gold, Ayn Rand, Ron Paul, and libertarians.

They know they are second-handers.  They know they are parasitic leeches.  They know they are useless tax eaters, living off the productivity of virtuous rational value holders.

They hate anything and anyone that threatens to dispel the illusion that they are moral, and superior to their betters via the sanction of the victim and death worship of altruism.

They know their time is limited, and the day of reckoning draws nigh.  They know they will perish when the IRS agents' US dollar paychecks cease and the welfare checks stop.

They hate this reality, and will strain with every misguided ounce gram of self-preservation to prevent or delay the inevitable.

They are ashamed of their own worthlessness, and have created this entire world order dedicated to hiding their shortcomings behind a tissue of lies and a wall of coercion.

B I T C O I N T A L K
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

These people hate Bitcoin for the same reasons they hate gold, Ayn Rand, Ron Paul, and libertarians.

They know they are second-handers.  They know they are parasitic leeches.  They know they are useless tax eaters, living off the productivity of virtuous rational value holders.

They hate anything and anyone that threatens to dispel the illusion that they are moral, and superior to their betters via the sanction of the victim and death worship of altruism.

They know their time is limited, and the day of reckoning draws nigh.  They know they will perish when the IRS agents' US dollar paychecks cease and the welfare checks stop.

They hate this reality, and will strain with every misguided ounce gram of self-preservation to prevent or delay the inevitable.

They are ashamed of their own worthlessness, and have created this entire world order dedicated to hiding their shortcomings behind a tissue of lies and a wall of coercion.

legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
rippleFanatic

All the press from the Romney taxes hoax, obviously.
Activity: 562
Merit: 100
Bitcoin is a distributed electronic cash protocol and virtual comedy.

I must admit to lols when I read that.
donator
Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047
I outlived my lifetime membership:)
I think people are intrinsically repulsed by the concept of intrinsically worthless money...they just don't realize that that is precisely what they use...people don't quite see that Bitcoin, while still intrinsically worthless, can't be created ad infinitum.
Activity: 763
Merit: 500
Look at the peak in the stats of this month: http://stats.grok.se/en/201209/Bitcoin

... attracting all sorts of "experts" for sure.
legendary
Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014
Who knows but this is an incorrect statement:

"In June 2011, Mt. Gox, the most popular BitCoin exchange at that time, has been compromised, affecting accounts with equivalent of more than USD 8'750'000. It has resulted in a severe drop in Bitcoin exchange rates."

I think Mt. Gox only lost 1000 BTC in the incident due to withdraw limit safeguards.
Activity: 56
Merit: 1
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Bitcoin&action=history

People have been adding statements such as "Not a real currency". Additionally, someone felt the need to include every exchange hacking in existence on the Bitcoin article as if Bitcoin is flawed.

Pages:
Jump to: