Pages:
Author

Topic: South African HIV prevalence rises on soaring new infections - page 2. (Read 3674 times)

legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359
HIV is not a serious issue if HAART is available. Diabetes mellitus is much more deadly, for example.
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
Yeah , South Africa was ruled by...  people prior to being ruled by .... people.
Insert colors.

Well... I don't want to generalize. The problem is much beyond the skin color. The economic situation in South Africa has worsened exponentially since ANC took over power in 1994. But the same can be said about Russia. What ANC did to South Africa, the same Yeltsin did to Russia. Look at what happened to Russia after 1991. At least South Africa didn't lose 15% of its population to alcoholism and suicides.

One of the poorest nations in the world (Moldova) is almost 99.99% White.

Well , Russia doesn't have a 15% hiv infection rate , nor 1/4 women raped at least once. And also I don't consider the situation for russian people getting worse compared to 198* period. I actually think they are far better know , living myself in Eastern Europe and since I traveled a few times into the former URSS.
Alcoholism was a problem in all eastern countries, and that was since medieval times.
You can't even compare Moldova to the countries in Africa, common.  and it's on place 129 by gdp in the world , hardly the poorest. (China 89)

Let's face it , since South Africa shifted , it's going backways.
Also , lets see the opposite.... a  .... guy running a country with a majority of .... poeple. You know who i'm talking about Smiley
And , does Detroit ring a bell? =)))))

remember our previous discussion? Wink
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/04/02/south-african-hiv-prevalence-rises-on-soaring-new-infections/

The prevalence of HIV/AIDS in South Africa is rising due to the world's fastest growth in new infections and a higher patient survival rate, according to a new health study. An estimated 12.2 percent of South Africa's population was infected with the HIV virus in 2012, compared with 10.6 percent in 2008, according to a survey of 38,000 people carried out by the country's Human Sciences Research Council.

The percentage rise was partly due to 400,000 new HIV cases in the year studied, the highest in the world, taking the total number of people infected in South Africa to 6.4 million. Young black African women were the worst affected, with 23.2 percent of females aged 15-49 infected, compared with 18.8 percent of men, the study showed.

6,400,000 people living with HIV? Is the ANC government anyway better than the previous apartheid government?
Pages:
Jump to: