Pages:
Author

Topic: 🤔 South Korea introduces new tax on cryptocurrency exchanges - page 4. (Read 671 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 100
The collection of taxes from stock exchanges and exchangers in South Korea is basically good news. It means that at last the government has recognized the circulation of the crypto currency legal in this country and it's time for a quiet work in the crypto currency market. Taxation in any case was necessary, and 24 percent is not such a big percentage to panic and believe that because of this bitcoin will fall in price, or sales will decline. The income from the purchase and sale of crypto currency on exchanges and exchangers is very large, so it is more profitable to pay even a quarter of the profits as taxes and calmly trade further than having permanent problems due to the unanticipated and unstable market-based crypto-currency relations.
This is really a step forward for the development of crypto currencies. The introduction of tax in South Korea will only benefit all crypto currencies. I hope this will make the price of bitcoin more stable, at least news about a possible ban on crypto currencies in South Korea will no longer affect the market.
Activity: 714
Probably it's a good thing. South Korea government understand that entirely banning crypto exchanges wouldn't be wise idea. 24% tax I think nothing for exchanges.

For me the whole event is just a drama so that the government of South Korea could impose tax fairly to the crypto currencies in which obviously they could not stop it so they create an scenario in which they would try to Ban the crypto currencies but the truth is everything is just a drama so that the South Korean people will not protest against the tax and to consider it good than banning it.
Activity: 574
Merit: 12
The collection of taxes from stock exchanges and exchangers in South Korea is basically good news. It means that at last the government has recognized the circulation of the crypto currency legal in this country and it's time for a quiet work in the crypto currency market. Taxation in any case was necessary, and 24 percent is not such a big percentage to panic and believe that because of this bitcoin will fall in price, or sales will decline. The income from the purchase and sale of crypto currency on exchanges and exchangers is very large, so it is more profitable to pay even a quarter of the profits as taxes and calmly trade further than having permanent problems due to the unanticipated and unstable market-based crypto-currency relations.
Activity: 343
Taxing is not bad at all. Taxing means that they recognize exchanges as legitimate business. This is the first step of regulating in a good way.  
Activity: 504
Merit: 251
so fianlly south korea really understood the need of this technology good news regulating bitcoin and altcoin is positive initiation after all hope to here more positive news soon.
Activity: 280
Merit: 101
OPEN GAMING PLATFORM
Maybe almost you guys think this will affect to cryptocurrency in bad way but IMO I think it's a good signal for the future of cryptocurrency. When the government is going to control the cryptocurrency that mean they're going to legalize cryptocurrency as a local currency in their country and of course we will have to pay taxes for cryptocurrency income although our income will be decreased but we will be able to use cryptocurrency to pay for everything we want to in this country Smiley
Activity: 252
Merit: 4
EQUAL Network Token
i think we all pay taxes on other tradings too , and on profit on selling assets / i.e capital gain tax .

so why govt will spare this market , they will charge tax and nothing wrong .
Activity: 280
Of course, the government of any country sees that in the world of cryptocurrencies large amounts of money turn around. Of course they want to cut off a piece of a tasty pie. They come up with rabid taxes. In my opinion, this is not entirely fair. If taxes were not high, then many were happy to declare their income from the crypto currency. But, when it comes to 55%. Then sorry - this is a real robbery.
Activity: 448
I think over time , many countries will come to the taxation of the crypto market, as I would not like but it will be . But I hope we still have time to earn
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
This is definitely the year of the altcoins, I'm sure of it. Bitcoin from the New year began to slowly but confidently lose in capitalization, and after the recent introduction of a tax on exchangers by the Korean government, it will completely fall
Activity: 462
Merit: 12
В поиске
I am sure that the fee will increase, due to the fact that popularity of these exchangers will decline, it is possible that companies will go to such losses in order not to lose customers.
Activity: 476
Merit: 41

South Korea’s government has reportedly imposed a tax on the domestic Cryptocurrency exchanges.

To be specific, they will be subject to a 24.2% tax (22% coporate and 2.2% local income taxes). According to Yonhap News Agency, the government is also requiring exchanges to share the transaction data with banks.

Tom Lee, a strategy analyst, reckoned there would be a dramatic drop in Bitcoin price down to $8,000-9,000, followed by a sharp increase to above $20,000 by the end of 2018.

This year is anticipated to be a rough, yet successful year to wise investors in this market.   

RothscoinTeam.

Yeah, I don't trust this analysis or speculation at all.
This is crypto, it's decentralized and open source.
If I didn't want to pay those taxes there are SO many other places to trade.

And to say that because of this tax that btc will only reach 20k by 2018 seems incredibly misinformed.
The Korean market consists of less than 20% of the global market.
Taxes being imposed affect the exchange itself more than the trader. (even then, the trade is only paying 2.2%)
This also doesn't take into account macro economics and trade history.

So yeah, btc at 20k at the end of december?
Pshaw, it will be 20k by April, 60K by december.
Activity: 378
Merit: 17
I'm wondering why, in the opinion of the Tom Lee Bitcoin, after a completely predicted recession, should rise to 20k ? Maybe because he put it into BTC lots of money? I do not think that after a large dump, Bitcoin can pump even up to 10 thousands)
Activity: 532
Merit: 114
Good or bad remains a perspective here. From what i can understand, people are not going to accept this without protest, and governments and policy makers too need public support for any such implementation.
Activity: 228
It is good that South Korean goverment decide to tax echxanges and not to ban Crypto, but i wonder how they are going to collect taxes, in which currency in BTC/Altcoins? Smiley
Activity: 840
Are there any negative effects on bitcoin? I actually saw this one coming that government agencies from different countries may tax bitcoin because they can't stop it so regulating it is the best way to do. I hope they don't tax too much so we can still earn a decent money from cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 196

South Korea’s government has reportedly imposed a tax on the domestic Cryptocurrency exchanges.

To be specific, they will be subject to a 24.2% tax (22% coporate and 2.2% local income taxes). According to Yonhap News Agency, the government is also requiring exchanges to share the transaction data with banks.

Tom Lee, a strategy analyst, reckoned there would be a dramatic drop in Bitcoin price down to $8,000-9,000, followed by a sharp increase to above $20,000 by the end of 2018.

This year is anticipated to be a rough, yet successful year to wise investors in this market.   

RothscoinTeam.

So they will need to pay an income tax like every other business and this is the end of the world?? They are taking fees on every trade, why shouldn't they pay taxes over their income?

I find it reasonable and normal. There are many countries with higher income tax.
I even think that this is good news for the entire crypto currency market. This will increase people's confidence in the crypto currency, and therefore can give a boost to the price increase.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
At first look 24.2% is a pretty big tax, but if we take into consideration the daily/monthly volume it would be clear enough that this rate is pretty good. I'm sure that this step could play the major role in worldwide crypto development.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

RothscoinTeam.

So they will need to pay an income tax like every other business and this is the end of the world?? They are taking fees on every trade, why shouldn't they pay taxes over their income?

I find it reasonable and normal. There are many countries with higher income tax.
Activity: 336
This news may help boost bitcoin prices in 2018. Taxation means the recognition of bitcoin exchange is lawful.
Pages:
Jump to: