Pages:
Author

Topic: South Korea quarantines and burn their cash due to Coronavirus - page 5. (Read 602 times)

Activity: 1470
Merit: 135
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
I think that these articles greatly exaggerate the ability of this virus to adapt. I have read in many recent scientific articles that the virus is weak for material circles in the sense that it dies after a short period of contact with surfaces and thus the way the virus is transmitted through contact or paper money is considered small.

The action taken by the Central Bank is only a precaution and one of the measures that is taken to try to reduce the number of injuries and avoid infection.

The country of South Korea today are making a lot of changes to their rules because of the virus spreading right now all over the world that was a good choice that they are now going to burn their money to stop spreading the virus because it is airborne that anyone touches those infected object or things and you will touch your face, mouth or nose. Also, they want to avoid the spreading of this virus. It is the time now for the real use of cryptocurrency or the bitcoin because it is faster to transact and also there is no contact included for both parties of the sender and receiver by that we can now freely pay all the things we need without any interaction to other people.
copper member
Activity: 658
Merit: 402
In contrast to Vietnam, which is considered to have successfully stemmed the spread of the coronavirus in the country. The South Korean government is a country that has failed to stem the spread of corona and even its government is considered too slow to respond to this outbreak. Even the news that was highlighted was when the first death of Corona victims in South Korea and a doubling of Corona sufferers in South Korea, the Korean president was having a party with celebrities.

Even some citizens here in my country have been pointing the poor actions of the president regarding the virus. But I don't know if it should the president to be blame about everything because it's really hard for East Asian countries like Korea and Japan to prevent it since they are close to China. But it saddens me how rapid it spread in Korea. I have just recently saw a Korean article saying that there are now 7,041 case of COVID-19 in Korea with 47 deaths.

Source:
Code:
https://mobile.twitter.com/OH_mes2/status/1236202415075909632

I think that these articles greatly exaggerate the ability of this virus to adapt. I have read in many recent scientific articles that the virus is weak for material circles in the sense that it dies after a short period of contact with surfaces and thus the way the virus is transmitted through contact or paper money is considered small.

The action taken by the Central Bank is only a precaution and one of the measures that is taken to try to reduce the number of injuries and avoid infection.
I'm aware that through money it does not mean that the virus will spread. The virus spread through close contact but since South Korea is trying to prevent more cases and going through extra precaution as what I have also stated, it's just a way to lessen the possibility of spreading the virus. It's like a part of their actions to ensure the cleanliness of the surrounding. Even some places, they tried to clean it for safety so does disinfecting paper money since hundreds of people can hold one single paper money.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 3645

legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 2253
From Zero to 2 times Self-Made Legendary
In contrast to Vietnam, which is considered to have successfully stemmed the spread of the coronavirus in the country. The South Korean government is a country that has failed to stem the spread of corona and even its government is considered too slow to respond to this outbreak. Even the news that was highlighted was when the first death of Corona victims in South Korea and a doubling of Corona sufferers in South Korea, the Korean president was having a party with celebrities.

The failure of the government to deal with the spread of the corona outbreak led the community to sign the South Korea president's impeachment petition due to poor handling of public health disasters.

Regarding the burning of banknotes to erase traces of the coronavirus, I am a little doubtful, why only in part and what are the criteria for the money being burned? So I think burning money is based more on other factors, not because of the coronavirus. From the news above the heating process is a routine standard for every money that enters the central bank of Korea, while the additional treatment is to quarantine the money for two weeks assuming the coronavirus attached to the money will dead for nine days.

Without further debating that cash is one of the media for the transmission of the coronavirus, the Korean government should make regulations to conduct non-cash transactions to avoid spreading the virus through physical money.
Activity: 2576
Merit: 666
I don't take loans, ask for sig if I ever do.
These people are very superstitious, they rather believe in shaman than religious scholar or educated scholar, let the idiots do whatever they want.
Superstitions what? Where exactly did the superstition come from? Anything the virus touch could normally become a possible source of infection, so them taking precautionary measures isn't anything wrong imo. Even if it may not be the main way of transmission, it is still completely possible. Just like how it is said in various articles, the virus could rest itself on armrests of airplanes and the like, so why can't money be a possible one?

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/01/coronavirus-spread-protect-200130115539072.html
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/transmission.html

It's kind of a good way to prevent it, but without any major cleanups around the countries involved, it'd only be a temporary stop-gap or something similar. It'd still spread, but probably not through the banknotes released by them. Plus, the banknotes are in a sense, just paper. They can just reprint it, they are the banks after all. And it won't affect their economy whatsoever because the replaced banknotes were burned, so it couldn't be used anymore.
copper member
Activity: 658
Merit: 402
South Korea is one of the countries with a high number of cases of Coronavirus or COVID-19 with 6,248 infected cases. Due to the rapidly increasing of people being affected by the virus, travel ban to South Korea has been imposing by almost a hundred countries around the world.

As for precaution by the local government of South Korea, its central bank Bank of Korea (BOK) had been quarantining its banknote for two weeks and even burned some of it to lessen the possibility of more outbreaks.

"For all cash coming to the central bank from local banks, the Bank of Korea will keep it in a safe for two weeks, given that the virus usually dies out after nine days," a BOK official told Reuters.

Source:
Code:
https://www.gmanetwork.com/news/news/world/728638/s-korea-s-central-bank-burns-quarantines-cash-in-coronavirus-precaution/story/

BOK said that they are putting their currency in a high-heat laundering process before releasing it and adding it to the circulation. It is said that the virus dies in high temperature and similar viruses like SARS emerges during cold weather and then dies during the hot season.

South Korean COVID-19 cases are increasing so I think it's a good thing to do to lessen the possibility of spreading the virus. Although by this, the virus won't be totally stopped from spreading but this is a big help especially for countries highly affected by the virus.

Paper money is one of the things we are always holding and it is also one of the things that has a lot of bacteria because money is being passed from one person to another. So when we hold money, always make sure to wash and clean your hands before touching your face to keep ourselves protected.
Pages:
Jump to: