Pages:
Author

Topic: South Park Band in China + NBA pandering to China + Labron James - page 2. (Read 379 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285
Flying Hellfish is a Commie
Its none of his business what is going on with politics in China.  He is American, not Chinese.  There are enough problems to worry about in our country before he needs to criticize someone else.  Reminds me of Ali's mindset.

China censoring people within the US is non of our business... mmkay. Funny, you keep telling me you don't advocate for totalitarian centralized state communism, but here you are defending a nation that has literal gulags holding hundreds of thousands of people.
I am not at all defending them.  I'm just saying that as americans, its none of our business.  I'm defending Lebron and the NBA for not taking basketball away from the Chinese people just because their government is bad.   If we have a problem with mass incarceration, we should start right here in the country that has the highest incarceration rate by far.  Americans criticizing China for prisons is hypocritical.  Lead by example.

Its none of his business what is going on with politics in China.  He is American, not Chinese.  There are enough problems to worry about in our country before he needs to criticize someone else.  Reminds me of Ali's mindset.
He is promoting Chinese propaganda...does your response mean that you are okay with putting Muslims in concentration camps? Or with the jailing of political opponents? I am pretty sure you are okay with China silencing those that don’t speak the party line.

It looks like Morey was the target of a state sponsored twitter smear campaign immediately after his initial tweet, with the number of tweets mentioning him spiking after his initial response.
The NBA doesn't have power to create change in China.  They will simply be banned from China and any influence they did have will be lost.  Thats bad for everyone.  I have massive problems with concentration camps and all the shady stuff that goes on in China which is why I'd like to start by closing our concentration camps, dark prisons, and reforming our police.  Once we clean up our own yard, then I might consider telling other countries how to run their shit. 

Holy lord.

I'm just going to explain this in very basic terms.

China is imprisoning people in their country due to the fact that they don't support the Chinese government. That's a problem. That's not something we do in this country.

In the United States people are put in jail for breaking the law, law that is created by politicians and public officials that are elected by the people.

China literally imprisons and kills people in their own country for not agreeing with their government.  This doesn't happen in America. Look at all the protests we let happen in this country because we were built off of the rights to protest, right to free speech, etc.

There's no way in gods name you can compare the incarceration in the US to incarcerating opponents of the government in China.

While yes, the NBA doesn't have the ability to directly change China -- they're allowed to comment on what goes on in China just like anyone else in the US can (and will continue to) and they don't have to be accept being silenced by China.

We're LIGHT YEARS UPON LIGHT YEARS ahead of China when it comes to human rights. I think Russia is light years away from china when it comes to human rights.

Like come on man what the hell?
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958
First Exclusion Ever
LeBron James is a professional athlete and business man, why should he meddle in China politics? Like he has any influence in China internal affairs. What about all other major american companies that are making billions in China, i didnt hear them talking against China Government and these Hong Kong protests. So if Apple, Boeing, Starbucks bosses are keeping quiet afraid that they will loose shit load of money, why should LeBron talk about it?

Yet there he us talking about it ... defending China. You might have a point if he was silent, but that's not the case.

I am not at all defending them.  I'm just saying that as americans, its none of our business.  I'm defending Lebron and the NBA for not taking basketball away from the Chinese people just because their government is bad.   If we have a problem with mass incarceration, we should start right here in the country that has the highest incarceration rate by far.  Americans criticizing China for prisons is hypocritical.  Lead by example.

You are literally defending the Chinese. You go on and on about how your Communism is not centralized state run totalitarian communism, yet here you are making excuses for it. You are full of shit. Lebron and the NBA aren't taking basketball away from China, CHINA is taking basketball away from China. Oh look, more "NO U!" type arguments. The US prison system is not even comparable to China's. You want to know a big reason why? There they usually just kill their prisoners and sell their organs. That sure does cut down on the incarceration rates now doesn't it?

The NBA doesn't have power to create change in China.  They will simply be banned from China and any influence they did have will be lost.  Thats bad for everyone.  I have massive problems with concentration camps and all the shady stuff that goes on in China which is why I'd like to start by closing our concentration camps, dark prisons, and reforming our police.  Once we clean up our own yard, then I might consider telling other countries how to run their shit. 

gulags = "shady shit"

If gulags are "shady shit" does that, make organ harvesting "totally not cool?" Concentration camps do not exist in the USA regardless of your delusional redefinition of words to fit your insane ideology. As many problems as we have here, the USA is a FUCKING PARADISE of freedom and humanity compared to China, and you pointing your finger back at the US and screeching "NO U!!!" is not an argument.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285
Flying Hellfish is a Commie
Golden State coach, Steve Kerr was asked about the human rights violations in China after he returned from China, and he responded by comparing the Chinese fascism to what happens in the US.

This is just absolutely ridiculous. The Chinese government has hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of Muslims in concentration camps, it kills political dissenters, uses surveillance against their citizens, and will arrest its citizens if they criticize their government. None of this is remotely comparable to anything that happens in the United States.

I am strongly against advertiser boycotts, however if there was ever an appropriate time to boycott advertisers, now would be the time to boycott advertisers of the NBA.

Aren't these people insane. Right when they're asked a question about AN ACTUAL COMMUNIST COUNTRY THAT KILLS THEIR OWN PEOPLE he resorts to "fuck drumpf"

Like what the hell dude.

I think Republicans and Democrats are pretty quick to say: Fuck China. They're a horrible country who is only allowed to commit the atrocities that they commit due how intermingled the global world of economics is. We should never look the other way due to this, but that's what politicians have decided to do and it's been fine with the people.
Activity: 952
Merit: 175
@cryptocommies

China censoring people within the US is non of our business... mmkay. Funny, you keep telling me you don't advocate for totalitarian centralized state communism, but here you are defending a nation that has literal gulags holding hundreds of thousands of people.

He is promoting Chinese propaganda...does your response mean that you are okay with putting Muslims in concentration camps? Or with the jailing of political opponents? I am pretty sure you are okay with China silencing those that don’t speak the party line.

It looks like Morey was the target of a state sponsored twitter smear campaign immediately after his initial tweet, with the number of tweets mentioning him spiking after his initial response.
Activity: 140
Merit: 12
LeBron James is a professional athlete and business man, why should he meddle in China politics? Like he has any influence in China internal affairs. What about all other major american companies that are making billions in China, i didnt hear them talking against China Government and these Hong Kong protests. So if Apple, Boeing, Starbucks bosses are keeping quiet afraid that they will loose shit load of money, why should LeBron talk about it?
copper member
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1899
Amazon Prime Member #7

legendary
First Exclusion Ever

Activity: 952
Merit: 175
@cryptocommies
copper member
Amazon Prime Member #7
Golden State coach, Steve Kerr was asked about the human rights violations in China after he returned from China, and he responded by comparing the Chinese fascism to what happens in the US.

This is just absolutely ridiculous. The Chinese government has hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of Muslims in concentration camps, it kills political dissenters, uses surveillance against their citizens, and will arrest its citizens if they criticize their government. None of this is remotely comparable to anything that happens in the United States.

I am strongly against advertiser boycotts, however if there was ever an appropriate time to boycott advertisers, now would be the time to boycott advertisers of the NBA.

Fuck Steve Cur. Deport his ass to China so they can boil him alive and eat him in the dog meat festival. Also Nike is about to enter center stage in these boycotts, just you watch.

[img w idth=400]https://i.imgur.com/uoQmILj.jpg[/img]
Nike profits off of Chinese slave labor and likely wants the NBA to pander to China.

This incident shows that Steve Kerr, along with other far left liberals only care about their personal power and wealth and don’t actually care about protecting the people they claim to be supporters of.

Regarding your meme, Nike executives probably won’t care if their employees speak out supporting Hong Kong, they will just fire any employee who does so

Lebron James recently said that that Daryl Morey should not have tweeted, but rather should have considered the '...financial...' consequences of what he was saying.

His statement, along with his subsequent tweets show that James only cares about his personal profit, and is a coward. Someone willing to speak truth to power would be willing to speak out against the Chinese government while in China. Instead James repeats Chinese propaganda.

[moderator's note: consecutive posts merged]
legendary
First Exclusion Ever

Fuck Steve Cur. Deport his ass to China so they can boil him alive and eat him in the dog meat festival. Also Nike is about to enter center stage in these boycotts, just you watch.

copper member
Amazon Prime Member #7

copper member
Amazon Prime Member #7
According to reports, the Chinese censors have scrubbed all evidence of the TV show South Park from the Chinese internet. This includes taking down links to videos of old episodes, discussion threads on Chinese internet forums about the show, posts about the show on the Chinese equivalent of Twitter, and any other references to the show.

This comes after an episode of South Park recently aired, mocking Chinese censorship, the Chinese leader, and the hypocrisy of American companies who do business with/in China. The creators of South Park have given permission for everyone to watch the episode in question for free.

The creators of South Park have issued an apology to the Chinese government:
OFFICIAL APOLOGY FROM TREY PARKER AND MATT STONE.

"Like the NBA, we welcome the Chinese censors into our homes and into our hearts. We too love money more than freedom and democracy. Xi doesn't look just like Winnie the Pooh at all. Tune into our 300th episode this Wednesday at 10! Long live the Great Communist Party of China! May this autumn's sorghum harvest be bountiful! We good now China?"

I have long found South Park to be immature, have held this opinion for probably close to two decades, have never really enjoyed watching the show (I wasn't even aware it was still on the air), but am a very strong believer in free speech and freedom in general.

This comes amid Rockets (NBA) general manager Daryl Morey tweeting (and later deleting) his support for the people of Hong Kong, and their push for democracy. The NBA commissioner later effectively condemned the tweet. The Chinese government has responded by removing references to the Rockets, many Chinese companies have pulled sponsorships from the Rockets, and have declared they will not air NBA pre-season games.
Pages:
Jump to: